Review Ex Giants player watch

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
A few whipping boys at that club at the moment and I dont think it is down to one thing it seems to me the players, coaches, game plan still have a long way to go to get back to 2018 levels but I do hope it gets better for Tomlinson although he doesnt look to be having finals action this year

He basically embodies all the weaknesses of Melbourne. They really shouldn't have recruited him. He would be a lot better served at a better club with better contested ball options to feed it out to him.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Patton injured (feel sorry for the General) & Scully not doing much this season. Hard to criticise Giants trading each of them for not much. Wouldn't be contributing much on the field but taking up $$$.

Not a lip reader but the banter between Patton and the Dr seemed like General telling him he’s had enough. He basically kept telling him to **** off in spite of the Doc’s best efforts to console him. Must be so frustrated and feel so cheated by his body.

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Rumoured off field stuff aside (collapsed at training with supposed epilepsy, but there has long been D/head rumours about him) he never did enough went he didn't have the ball. When you average 2 goals a game and don't do much else you won't last long these days. Ben Brown is a great example, when the goal scoring dries up for whatever reason you become easily expendable.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
I still reckon that something happened that we don’t know about somewhere around late June, early July 2015.

Before the bye he was flying. all 12 games, averaging 10.8 disposals, taking 56 marks, 27 inside 50s, for a return of 29 goals, 9. Nominated for a rising star in round 8 and I recall an interview from around there where he was genuine in his enjoyment of where he was.

After the bye - late June. He plays only 8 more games being substituted off in round 16, not to be substituted back on until the third quarter of round 19 and starts as sub in the derby. He averages only 6.25 disposals, taking 17 marks, generating only 12 inside 50s for a return of just 6 goals 5.

The drop off the cliff is stark.

I hope he gets his life together, I really do.

It is, after all, just a game.

Big Stinky Monk

All Australian
Aug 26, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
He had the raw talent, but probably not the work ethic and perseverance to progress to the top. Maybe his health played into that and created some limitations, but good luck to him.

It's funny now thinking back to the 2 year war on these boards between gws and Freo posters over him, and ultimately it fizzled out like this...

Back