Science/Environment Extinction Rebellion

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know if you've heard, but throughout this growing economy the old trickle down hasn't been working so well.

Swathes of Aussies haven't seen a pay rise in years, are facing more and more precarious employment, and yet their discretionary spending has been savaged by increasing bills.

The short term financial pain is real for many people.

Pay rises happen usually because of one of the following:
1. Productivity goes up
2. Cost of living goes up
3. Take on more responsibility
4. Competition for skills

If there’s negligible growth or productivity or plenty of unemployed lawyers then you’d expect low wages growth I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, you can’t be selective in who you’re protesting against. Ambulance vehicles are going to kill us all as well according to your mob. Consistency is the key to avoiding any charges of hypocrisy.
You've made your straw man, now you can lie on it.

These all suck, of course.

Agreed.

A couple are anecdotal and commentary rather than examples of the issue.

Agreed.

So you guys are all for better light rail? Commuter lanes? More funding for services?

Haven't give it much thought TBH.

Those things are the types of answers that are needed.

I'll take your word for it.

Not reducing political rights.

I don't see hanging myself from bridges as part of a protest or gluing myself to road infrastructure as a political right.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Haven't give it much thought TBH.

I'll take your word for it.

I don't see hanging myself from bridges as part of a protest or gluing myself to road infrastructure as a political right.
Freedom of political speech is a right granted by our constitution.

For all the political talk very little is being done to address it. Most of the Western world's climate wins have come via offshoring industrial production to China and the developing world. The idea that the politics mean anything is fanciful, easily the weakest argument of climate denialists, akin to those who asserted Sandy Hook was a false flag for abolishing the second amendment.

Unlikely I'll find it under which ever previous account it was under.

And yet next year we’ll just about hit a quarter of energy coming from renewable. And the rate is increasing.

Now a nuclear power plant and bobs your uncle which is why the a number of unions are coming around to the idea. Problem is devilishly expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last time you (and others) said this (in the Climate Change Arguing thread) I posted this #857. Didn't see any refutation forthcoming.
You recycled someone else’s work and want us to peer review it?

You recycled someone else’s work

Posting a paper and a link to the original, is not recycling.

and want us to peer review it?

No, the peer reviewing has been done already - on Cook's '97% Consensus' paper, which you still treat as gospel despite it having been exposed as a statistically worthless propaganda campaign long ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posting a paper and a link to the original, is not recycling.

No, the peer reviewing has been done already - on Cook's '97% Consensus' paper, which you still treat as gospel despite it having been exposed as a statistically worthless propaganda campaign long ago.
You’re speaking s**t.

There is no coherent competing theory to AGW.

None at all.

Breitbart is not real news champ, you've been fooled and seem gullible.
9DA802F9-CF43-4353-87B1-986BC5DFBE81.jpeg
they are nothing put paid protesters who are puppets to those Marxist who want to see the end of capitalism!

In their own words!
Read the article before commenting! And your view on selective journalism only shows how ignorant, narrow minded and gullible you are 9DA802F9-CF43-4353-87B1-986BC5DFBE81.jpeg

View attachment 768388
they are nothing put paid protesters who are puppets to those Marxist who want to see the end of capitalism!

In their own words!
Read the article before commenting! And your view on selective journalism only shows how ignorant, narrow minded and gullible you areView attachment 768388

This extinction rebellion crap is really just the second coming of Occupy Wall Street, albeit dressed up as something that looks more noble.

Last edited:
This extinction rebellion crap is really just the second coming of Occupy Wall Street, albeit dressed up as something that looks more noble.
Lol
The same rent a crowds, antifa, animal rights loons but dressed in clothes from an op shop

Surely there is going to be a counter protest against this? How can the citizens fight back against these apocalyptic freaks, to restore law and order? If the police won't do anything, then who will?

We must rise up.

Surely there is going to be a counter protest against this? How can the citizens fight back against these apocalyptic freaks, to restore law and order? If the police won't do anything, then who will?

We must rise up.
We must rebel against the rebellion.

We must rise up.
Because, for sure, that will cause less chaos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back