Coaching Staff Eye on our Coaching (Ratten, Lade, Batchelor, Slater sign on)

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 537206

There is a post on the Hawks board which claims to be a hot tip.

Gist is Saints have made a huge offer to Paul Roos, who will bring Mitchell and Ratten.
Melbourne rebuild scenario.

Personally i don't give it credence. Where would the money come from?

An offer to Ratten would seem only prudent, since you are 3 coaches down. How did Dixon survive your cull?

Thoughts, guys?
Why would acquiring media figure Roos, Hawthorn senior assistant Ratten and WC assistant Mitchell be common knowledge amongst the Richmond coaches?

View attachment 537206

There is a post on the Hawks board which claims to be a hot tip.

Gist is Saints have made a huge offer to Paul Roos, who will bring Mitchell and Ratten.
Melbourne rebuild scenario.

Personally i don't give it credence. Where would the money come from?

An offer to Ratten would seem only prudent, since you are 3 coaches down. How did Dixon survive your cull?

Thoughts, guys?
Didn't see what you were actually print screening at first as it was not the focal point of the image so apologies lol.

I doubt it all comes to fruition but would be an incredible lineup.

My opinion is that despite what Mitchell said about not speaking to Vic clubs, I think there's a fair chance he's already been courted by someone.

Clarko only just finding out and sending him a text the other day suggests it isn't Hawthorn.

I could be wrong though, he might be a man of his word.

Without actually working with the guy ,its very hard to make an opinion .But in Harveys case he has always been seen as a quiet spoken introvert.Whilst I think there is a need for that type within an organisation I dont think the quiet type is the right fit to stand in front of the media and sell memberships of your club and inspire the troops,no matter who you are and what your achievments are .
If Harvs was back with the RWB they wouldnt need him in front of the media to bring in the members. The Saints will be marching in anyway. Legend of the club and will bring back some needed heart and soul to the club. Plus has to be an upgrade on any of our current assistant coaches

Didn't see what you were actually print screening at first as it was not the focal point of the image so apologies lol.

I doubt it all comes to fruition but would be an incredible lineup.
Well thats one way to get Roos to stop bagging us.
Have to hand it to him with bringing Melbourne out of the wilderness.

Ratts and Smitch and Roos would be awesome.

It would be very surprising to see Ratten return after they sacked him, although they did that with Walls IIRC

You're thinking of Parkin, and Elliott basically told him when he sacked him in 1985 that he'd be back some day.

If we get Ratten and Harvey or Mitchell, it's a sign that we aren't mucking around any more, and surely a sign to potential recruits. Gaff would know Mitchell pretty well after this year.

How's this for a lineup if some of what is said is true and/or comes to be...

Director of Coaching - Paul Roos
Head Coach - Alan Richardson
Ast. Coach (Forwards) - Brett Ratten
Ast. Coach (Transition) - Adam Kingsley
Ast. Coach (Midfield) - Robert Harvey
Ast. Coach (Defenders) - Henry Playfair
Ast. Coach & VFL Coach - Aaron Hamill

Could then move Skrobalak, McGlynn to part time roles. Skrob still coaching Frankston. Dixon remaining part time. Frawley turfed.

I don't know how Mitchell and Harvey fit into the same coaching group, they both coach the same stuff.

Interesting to think about anyway!

Dont understand how our goal kicking gets worse with Dixon and he keeps his job
Maybe the secret's in the book

dwuhpg.jpg

Dont understand how our goal kicking gets worse with Dixon and he keeps his job
He blindfolded the administrators in the meeting to sack him, the way he blindfolded players for goalkicking practice. They couldn't find him and still haven't. Crafty one, that Dixon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the Richmond board, a few posters have said that Caracella doesn't want to be a head coach and wouldn't suit it either.

Perhaps he'd take a DoC role.

Caracella has 3 young children and the family are still based at Geelong. I was also told that his wife is employed in an admin role at Geelong.

He may believe the role of a senior coach does not suit work/life balance with a young family.

If Harvs was back with the RWB they wouldnt need him in front of the media to bring in the members. The Saints will be marching in anyway. Legend of the club and will bring back some needed heart and soul to the club. Plus has to be an upgrade on any of our current assistant coaches

Funny enough they were talking about the bests ledgers at clubs and I think Kosi said it was Harves. He seemed quiet but would be constantly back chatting players. Maybe the introvert was a perception.

My opinion is that despite what Mitchell said about not speaking to Vic clubs, I think there's a fair chance he's already been courted by someone.

Clarko only just finding out and sending him a text the other day suggests it isn't Hawthorn.

I could be wrong though, he might be a man of his word.

Without getting our hopes up, I can’t help but think about Lethlean’s comments reported on July 23rd about the club pursuing targeted assistant coaches.

I reckon we have definitely made enquiries to several people and those would have presumably been on attractive terms. Since then both Mitchell and Ratten have indicated they are moving on.

Could be a complete coincidence. Might not though.

I agree with you about Mitchell and Hawthorn. I don’t think they are in the hunt. Paul Roos was reported in the Herald Sun (Tuesday I think) that Mitchell should go to a struggling club for a well rounded learning experience.

Just have to back it up with ongoing ‘success’.. At least look like we’re trying. I.e the dogs have had a 10% drop this year from their failure.

Actually just win a flag.

For the future of St Kilda ongoing success is more important that a premiership, look at the Doggies, team is shot and membership back to normal 2 years later,

we need 10 years of competitive finals capable sides

For the future of St Kilda ongoing success is more important that a premiership, look at the Doggies, team is shot and membership back to normal 2 years later,

we need 10 years of competitive finals capable sides

We’ve had that

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching Staff Eye on our Coaching (Ratten, Lade, Batchelor, Slater sign on)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back