longytap

Team Captain
Feb 5, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Essendon
I recall the fanplanner was up and running around this time last year. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything..........Monty? :eek:

seems Fan planner 2012 is up and can now start picking your team for next season.

-backs seem very highly priced not sure if M0nty has got around to fixing the prices up yet

-Gws players added which is good also rookie players that have not been drafted are in there something to play and plan with.

$9,130,000. is the cap

well done M0nty :thumbsu:

Let the pre season begin! Cheers m0nty!

Just a few things:

Suprised Leon Davis is not listed as a defender!

Got it mostly right Giant wise with the limited info on some players out there. But the big things that stand out:
*Josh Bruce (Forward not back)
*Kurt Aylett (Back not midfielder)
*Where's Folau and more importantly, Treloar???

Thanks for putting up the fanplanner, M0nty. Preseason starts now! Question: is the $9,130,000 an official or unofficial number for the salary cap?

I haven't done the positional changes yet. That's a job for this evening.

$9,130,000 is an estimate based on the AFL's last offer of an 11% increase to the AFLPA.

Have to resist the temptation to begin planning for 2012, at least till after the grand final.

M0nty i see you have put a few players in different possys then they was last season , would like to get your thoughts on this forward bunch why you made then forwards only

Morabito (freo) - Forward only - I can't see him being only a forward when his a midfielder. if his forward and $160,500 i think his all most a lock for most teams i would think.

L.Adams (North) - his one of Norths good Midfielders surely mid only. be one to look out for if his a forward and priced fairly nicely

I see also you have put rucks forward as well Ryder , Fraser , M.Clark , Kreuzer ruck/forward duel pos.

do you think this well happen or just still in silly off season mode :)

also i know prices are not spot on so im not worried about if the price is right.:thumbsu:

M0nty i see you have put a few players in different possys then they was last season , would like to get your thoughts on this forward bunch why you made then forwards only

Morabito (freo) - Forward only - I can't see him being only a forward when his a midfielder. if his forward and $160,500 i think his all most a lock for most teams i would think.

L.Adams (North) - his one of Norths good Midfielders surely mid only. be one to look out for if his a forward and priced fairly nicely

I see also you have put rucks forward as well Ryder , Fraser , M.Clark , Kreuzer ruck/forward duel pos.

do you think this well happen or just still in silly off season mode :)

also i know prices are not spot on so im not worried about if the price is right.:thumbsu:
Morabito played exclusively HFF in his debut year. He's a forward in my eyes.

Adams played a fair bit of midfield but he was shifted back to the forward line in the second half of the season when it became clear Lindsay Thomas was having a barry of a year.

Word is that there are going to be a lot more RUC/FWD players next year. It makes sense given how the sub rule has changed the position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adams is a half forward. He plays in the centre when one of the core group of midfielders is out (see RD24 with no Wells, Ziebell or Greenwood).

Very much an injury prone player, though.

Morabito played exclusively HFF in his debut year. He's a forward in my eyes.

Adams played a fair bit of midfield but he was shifted back to the forward line in the second half of the season when it became clear Lindsay Thomas was having a barry of a year.

Word is that there are going to be a lot more RUC/FWD players next year. It makes sense given how the sub rule has changed the position.

Thanks for the reply hopefully Morabito gets that Forward this year. didn't see much of north's games but when i did Adams played mainly through the midfield.

Discount for Lenny Hayes? played 2 games, should get 30-40% i would have thought.

1st pick has always been around the 160k mark and around 4k higher year on year. I'm guessing this would continnue which would mean around 164k, you are expecting a 50k premium this year for some reason monty?

M0nty, great work on the 2012 fan planner. It is always interesting to see another view on how things could possibly pan out next year.

Would you mind elaborating on your thought process for a couple of Melbourne boys?

1. Sylvia only listed as a mid?

I would have thought he'd get MPP again. Sylvia spent a large portion of the season down forward after his injury. Furthermore, Sylvia managed to kick a season career high of 25 goals in 2011.

2. Grimes no discount?

Given he was injured and only managed 6 games, I would have thought he'd qualify for a 20% discount. If you’re thinking because Grimes incurred the injury early in the game this contributes to the discount…. I don’t think this is correct. Example case from 2010 that comes to mind would be C. Knights. But if you have other cases which contradict this - please share.

Discount for Lenny Hayes? played 2 games, should get 30-40% i would have thought.

1st pick has always been around the 160k mark and around 4k higher year on year. I'm guessing this would continnue which would mean around 164k, you are expecting a 50k premium this year for some reason monty?

The first round of the 2011 draft is 26 picks long, so by the time you get to pick #1 it's an extra 100k+ premium. Same as last year.

M0nty, great work on the 2012 fan planner. It is always interesting to see another view on how things could possibly pan out next year.

Would you mind elaborating on your thought process for a couple of Melbourne boys?

1. Sylvia only listed as a mid?

I would have thought he'd get MPP again. Sylvia spent a large portion of the season down forward after his injury. Furthermore, Sylvia managed to kick a season career high of 25 goals in 2011.

2. Grimes no discount?

Given he was injured and only managed 6 games, I would have thought he'd qualify for a 20% discount. If you’re thinking because Grimes incurred the injury early in the game this contributes to the discount…. I don’t think this is correct. Example case from 2010 that comes to mind would be C. Knights. But if you have other cases which contradict this - please share.

Both of your guesses could turn out to be true. I think Sylvia played too much midfield, personally. As I think I said earlier, I have deliberately not put discounts on Grimes, Hayes and Lake because it's too easy otherwise.

The first round of the 2011 draft is 26 picks long, so by the time you get to pick #1 it's an extra 100k+ premium. Same as last year.
Only the first 17 picks from a 25-player first round carried a premium this year (see Matt Watson, base-priced at #18), so presumably it'll only be the first 18 from next year onwards, plus any first-up priority picks.

As I think I said earlier, I have deliberately not put discounts on Grimes, Hayes and Lake because it's too easy otherwise.
I'm not sure I follow your logic. Either they'll be discounted or they won't, and history suggests they will - Hayes especially. If anything prices look a little high across the board (I'm looking at the SC version), as the GWS-induced expansion of the player pool should see the effective MN drop again, as it did this year with GC.

wow m0nty this is great :thumbsu::thumbsu::)

thanks heaps, sorry for my ignorance but are these your assumptions on players' positions? or have you got inside word? Really liking Hammer Hartlett B/C !

Didn't answer my previous query m0nty

"Discount for Lenny Hayes? played 2 games, should get 30-40% i would have thought."

also, can't seem to find rick ladson in the planner?

Didn't answer my previous query m0nty

"Discount for Lenny Hayes? played 2 games, should get 30-40% i would have thought."

also, can't seem to find rick ladson in the planner?

He's on holiday.

It's probably for your own good that you can't find Rick Ladson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back