Faster response time, still need to work on ad slot resizing.

Remove this Banner Ad

You might have noticed that the site is responding a bit faster today, pages loading quicker.

TechFerret has been tinkering to get more grunt out of our resources.

I still need to figure out how to stop the irritating "feature" of the page adjusting while it figures out which ad to load up.

You can of course remove all forum banner ads by getting a Premium Platinum membership:

You might have noticed that the site is responding a bit faster today, pages loading quicker.

TechFerret has been tinkering to get more grunt out of our resources.

Just to keep it real, Chief, what I did was re-engineer our service-delivery infrastructure to support 40k simultaneous users end-to-end under sustained load. This is up from 15k simultaneous users. The day-to-day benefit should be that the site is more responsive, less likely to have much latency under higher loads, and either won't crash under huge connection spikes or at least will recover quite quickly. You're welcome. :)

TF

• Admin
Just to keep it real, Chief, what I did was re-engineer our service-delivery infrastructure to support 40k simultaneous users end-to-end under sustained load. This is up from 15k simultaneous users. The day-to-day benefit should be that the site is more responsive, less likely to have much latency under higher loads, and either won't crash under huge connection spikes or at least will recover quite quickly. You're welcome. :)

TF
Nerd.

TF
Just in time for the rush to bigfooty when big news breaks in the off-season regarding Essendon, Collingwood or Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back