desipura

Club Legend
Feb 2, 2002
West
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
WBFC
I know that Ted Whitten juniors son Dean was running around with Spotswood, and by all reports has alot of talent. He has played in underage representative teams. I believe he is about 16 years old.
Does anyone have more info on him? Where he will be playing this year?

I also understand that Gary Dempsey has a son who has undoubted ability as a ruckman, the same with Robert McGhie's son (he can play for Rich as well).

Does anyone know of any other father/sons that are likely to be picked up by the Doggies in the near future?

PS. If Robert Groenewegen has any boys playing footy, that does not count!
:D

My little fella Harvey will be eligible for the 2014 draft. :D

I dont know about Wagon having any kids, but I know that his sister Maryanne has a couple of kids, cant remember how old they are though.

Dempseys sons will be eligible to play for North as well-That '70s curse coming back to bite us on the bum again.

Whitten will be playing for the western jets if memory serves me correctly.That is not neccesarily a good thing given there habit of turning undoubted talent into fat lazy footballers(see Nick Aloi anthonys brother) and also there talent of cutting afl material for not turning up for one training session(know of 2 like this).Sorry for my rant on this but it really pisses me off.

Originally posted by desipura

If Robert Groenewegen has any boys playing footy, that does not count!

I am not one to spread unfounded rumours but my mail tells me Mr Groenewegen does have a son. He was the result of a week of drunken shenanigans and the mother is unknown. The blokes full name is Aaron Groenewegen James

I am not one to spread unfounded rumours but my mail tells me Mr Groenewegen does have a son. He was the result of a week of drunken shenanigans and the mother is unknown. The blokes full name is Aaron Groenewegen James

Apparently she took a liking to the wagon after seeing his wizzer in a team photo!

Originally posted by desipura

Apparently she took a liking to the wagon after seeing his wizzer in a team photo!

Robert "Lunchbox" Groenewegen has a certain ring to it

Originally posted by localyokel
My little fella Harvey will be eligible for the 2014 draft. :D

Lets fast forward to the year 2014 shall we! :D :cool: ;)

There is a nervous anxiety among the crowd in the packed auditorium as they wait for the 2014 National Draft to begin. Football officials from all clubs wait expectantly, wide eyed and fresh faced youngsters sit excited and hopefully alongside their nervous parents. Among them are Harvey Yokel and his dad Local Yokel. Both lifelong Bulldogs supporters. Both are praying for one thing. To hear Harvey’s name called by the Bulldog recruiting contingent.

The crowd hushes as MC for the draft is none other than Eddie McGuire. Eddie’s empire and profile has grown since the humble days of being simply a Collingwood President and multi media megastar. Nowadays he not only retains those old roles but is also Chairman of the AFL Commission, Premier of Victoria, Owner of Channel 9, Father of the Year, and owner of the huge fast food restaurant chain McGuires, formerly known as McDonalds, where not only can you get a Big Mac you can also get a Big Mag or a Big Ed.

Eddie welcomes everyone and begins introducing the Recruiting teams of each of the clubs one by one in alphabetical order. After calling West Coast out Eddie says “And now last but not least please welcome the chief recruiters for the reigning premiers, the Western Bulldogs, led out by coach Brian Choco Royal followed by Football Manager Westy Boy and Chief Recruiting Officer Dogboy23.

Westy and Dogboy are looking silently confident. They are old hands at this now having been in charge of the Bulldogs playing list for over a decade since they staged a Fijian style coup, prior to the 2003 national draft, of the Bulldogs Administration when it was rumoured the Dogs were going to make another of their infamous trades by offering high profile superstars of the time Brad Johnson and Nathan Brown and their first draft pick to Collingwood for a key defender called Simon Prestagiacomo. Outraged, they managed to avert that disastrous trade just in time and in doing so successfully deposed of the Bulldog football dept incumbents.

One by one the draftees are announced until the moment of truth arrives. Dogboy23 attired superbly in his Armani suit calls out the name............

"Harvey Yokel"

The room erupts in spontaneuos applause as Harvey's father jumps up onto the stage in front of Eddie and proudly waves his Bulldogs scarf 'Sheedy style' as a large and raucous section of the crowd, obviously Bulldogs supporters, start stomping and hand clapping thunderously.

After the draft Eddie thanks everyone for coming and in his role as a channel 9 host immediately makes his way to the Collingwood table to interview the Pies coach, which also happens to be himself, so he ends up interviewing himself. Dogboy and Westy talk to the media throng saying they are delighted with the results and their strategy was to invest in youth as players like Libba couldn't go on for much longer! Meanwhile a parade of Bulldogs stars make their way over to the Yokels to offer their congratulations. Among them are three time premiership captain Sam Power and 2x time Norm Smith Medallist Jordan McMahon (known as the Jordaman).

Bulldog merchandising manager JBoyar is already dreaming up endless opportunities to market to the Bulldog faithful. Soon the CEO of the Bulldogs major sponsor Rocco Jones, the flamboyant entrepreneur and mastermind of Rocco's Thought Provoking Polls which now has over a Billion subscribers worldwide paying $5 each per annum for the privilage of being able to contribute to his amazing polls, makes his way over to offer his congratulations. Bulldogs President PC28 is too choked up with emotion to speak and seeks comfort from Board Member Sigscotty.

But wait what's this?

A courier (from Fast Eddie's also owned by E.McGuire) bursts into
the room and hands Eddie a note. It's from the AFL Commission. Eddie jumps on the microphone with a big grin and announces "The AFL have come up with another first to thwart, oh...er.. I mean rule that makes the Bulldogs selections at the draft ineligible. It has been decided in the last 5 minutes, er sorry..some time ago that the Bulldogs are only able to draft people from Bahrain, Cocos Islands and Afghanistan so long as their first and last initials are Z only. Therefore all their selections today are invalid and all their choices will automatically be awarded equally to the Magpies and Swans".

Local Yokel and Bulldogs CEO jim440 storm the stage in pursuit of McGuire as pandemonium similar to world championship wrestling erupts. Just as Eddie thinks he's got away with it, in bursts a Bulldogs vigilante group led by B54, Egg and Esperito with Superhero's Danny Delre dancing on the hood of a police car dressed in a Liberace suit, Robert Groenewagon as Tarzan and Kingsley Hunter as himself. Immediately they cature Eddie and show him what they are holding for ransom, an autographed original framed print of Eddie with his favorite player Nathan Buckley with the words 'I love you Eddie' very clearly visible. Unless the AFL reverse their decision within one second the vigilante's will remove Buckley from the picture and super impose the face of Mark Cullen on it instead.

Eddie has no choice but to use his superpowers to reverse the decision and the Bulldogs get back their selections. Peace and harmony are once more restored.

Or something like that.....:p :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :)

Fantastic Doc.

And Westy, update those footy dept records 'cos he'll be eligible for the 2012 draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doc you have inspired me. A military style overthrow of the recruiting department by 2012 to ensure that the little fella lives out my fantasy and ends up playing for the doggies.

It doesn't leave me much time to assemble the team I will need to put in place after the junta seizes power. Obviously we will need to keep Scott Clayton in the key role, probably an official title like 'Guru' or something, but there will be a spill of all other positions.

Is anyone with me?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back