Father - Son....

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 25, 2002
East Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cincinnati Bengals
Well it looks like young Lorenzo (Nick Serafini) might be our next major pick under the father-son rules. He was named for Vic Metro in their selection games on the weekend and supposedly can play ALOT! Another tall, running defender in the Leppitsch mode.

Can anyone tell me (...keatings gal) if that was a junior Rodger Merrett in the Queensland team on Saturday? If so would he want his son to play with the Lions or Bombers?

how good would it be to yell out "Go Sera!" again as he crunches through the back of the pack for the big punch.

i got told that he wasnt his son... but i dont know if that is correct,,, ,he is a big man.... the blonde hair is a bit off putting,,,,, but it isnt natural i wouldnt think,,,, he looks to be a good player.... i saw him play in all three of the Stingrays carnival games & thought that he was good... also liked the look of brad box.... but i am getting off the subject of the whole father son rule thing.....

Originally posted by cjwalkley
I didn't see enough of Renato, but Laurie was the most under-rated full back of that era.
Laurie was a champion. I think almost everyone's forgotten just how good a player he was before his back went on him.

Hope the lad inherited his old man's ability and athleticism..

Well the Lions did and still treat merritt senior like crap, so you can't blame his son wanting to play for essendon.
Brisbane should be respecting their old players, not dishing them at every opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back