Favourite iced coffee brand

Remove this Banner Ad

How many people that drink Farmers Union Iced Coffee consider themselves bogans? Serious question. Their marketing strategy is overtly targeting bogans, it is commonly refered to as Bogan Juice and seems to have a big following amongst tradies (not that that makes them bogans neccessarily). It's just a strange phenomenon. I swear if you walked into a cafe 15 years ago and ordered an Iced Coffee, it would be considered rather effeminate, but now it is considered a real working man's drink. Funny how things change.

This is true, however the remarkable thing is FUIC is generally accepted as the clear #1 iced coffee brand , even by 'non-bogans' (in SA at least).

Some of them have never been in a carton. The ones in bottles usually have longer expiration date which is most likely why they taste different.
How do you know the taste is different in a bottle to a carton if you haven't tasted the same product from each?

I'm a huge Farmers Union fan from SA now living in Vic. Have converted a few, but a lot of people still prefer Ice Break. That shit is absolutely disgusting IMO. Was given one for free the other day, had a sip and chucked the rest out. Something definitely wrong with the flavour.

Huge craving for FU right now.Gonna pop up the shops now and grab a couple to chuck in the freezer :)

I remember when I first moved to Melbourne a few years ago FU was barely seen. I had to get my brother to courier it over. I was constantly lauding it's praises to the Vics and no-one would believe me.

How times have changed. There is simply nothing better than a Famers 600mL Iced Coffee. Couple it with your favourite chocolate bar and you're in heaven.

Now for the eventual conversion from Four and Twenty Pies to Villi's.

Can you tell what I had for lunch every single day at uni?

Farmer's Union: It's not just for Croweaters

anyone know where that pic is of that that Adelaide bogan couple outside a court house and the bloke is wearing a grandma knitted "Farmers Union" jumper?
n567111329_245579_5662.jpg

Tried a FUIC while on the road last year, found it far too sweet. I'm raised on Brownes Coffee Chill which is not really that sweet, just smooth and a bit sweet, beautiful stuff:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a frozen aroma on the West Bank of Jerusalem it was to die for.

Icecream,coffee, ice,sugar and milk blended together:thumbsu:

Its a true story
was good too
Just had to stand in line with M16s pointed at your toes,by half crazed, teenage, religious fanatic, jewish settlers who also liked the drink*

*hopeing a balloon didnt burst or a car didnt backfire sending these kids into a psychotic frenzy

How many people that drink Farmers Union Iced Coffee consider themselves bogans? Serious question. Their marketing strategy is overtly targeting bogans, it is commonly refered to as Bogan Juice and seems to have a big following amongst tradies (not that that makes them bogans neccessarily). It's just a strange phenomenon. I swear if you walked into a cafe 15 years ago and ordered an Iced Coffee, it would be considered rather effeminate, but now it is considered a real working man's drink. Funny how things change.

Nope.

I think you would be hard pressed to find that many South Australians that don't like FUIC.

Can you tell what I had for lunch every single day at uni?

:thumbsu::D

My uni never had Villi's, we had Mrs. Mac pies which were actually fantastic. I used to have FUIC + Steak and Cheese pie most days at uni.

My uni never had Villi's, we had Mrs. Mac pies which were actually fantastic. I used to have FUIC + Steak and Cheese pie most days at uni.
Mrs Mac's >>>>>>> Four 'n' Twenty by a long way. Only thing I prefer about going to the footy over here than in Melbourne.

Only ever Four 'n' Twenty pie I've had was a potato pie. It wasn't bad, if I'm honest.

It's a Farmers Union Iced Coffee or it's nothing!!!

I have tried many Iced Coffees over time but nothing compares to FUIC. I'm probably going to die early because of this drink but oh well. Used to power down 2 or 3 a day, cut it back to 1 now and sticking to it. Definitely tastes better chilled in the freezer in a 600ml carton than it does in a 2L or 3L bottle. Not sure why, but the carton is the best packaging for the drink.

Live in Darwin and Pauls sells pretty well, but over the past 2 years have seen more and more FUIC on the shelves and more and more blokes in the morning with one in their hand at the servo.

Now for Villi's pies and balfours custard tarts or frog cakes and I'll be pretty damn happy. My typical uni lunch consisted of a Villi's pie with sauce, 600ml FUIC and a custard tart. Not the healthiest but I do play a lot of sport to keep those arteries clean.

It's a Farmers Union Iced Coffee or it's nothing!!!

I have tried many Iced Coffees over time but nothing compares to FUIC. I'm probably going to die early because of this drink but oh well. Used to power down 2 or 3 a day, cut it back to 1 now and sticking to it. Definitely tastes better chilled in the freezer in a 600ml carton than it does in a 2L or 3L bottle. Not sure why, but the carton is the best packaging for the drink.

Live in Darwin and Pauls sells pretty well, but over the past 2 years have seen more and more FUIC on the shelves and more and more blokes in the morning with one in their hand at the servo.

Now for Villi's pies and balfours custard tarts or frog cakes and I'll be pretty damn happy. My typical uni lunch consisted of a Villi's pie with sauce, 600ml FUIC and a custard tart. Not the healthiest but I do play a lot of sport to keep those arteries clean.

Definitely agree with this. It does actually taste quite different in the 2L container than it does in the 600ml carton. Much prefer the carton but when the 2L are on sale they are almost the same price!

Tried me first FUIC tonight, might of been the huge wraps being put on it, but wasn't blown away, seemed very similar to a Big M IC

Will stick with the Ice Break, if only for the fact that i can put the lid back on it. Cartons are so last century!

Tried me first FUIC tonight, might of been the huge wraps being put on it, but wasn't blown away, seemed very similar to a Big M IC

Will stick with the Ice Break, if only for the fact that i can put the lid back on it. Cartons are so last century!
Nothing like it for mine. Big M Iced Coffee is the only Big M I won't touch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back