Comedy. Make me laugh

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah living right now. He’s touring his Joe Rogan the moment

All time? Gees that’s tough. Prior?

Prior, and Hicks (but he's more of a personal taste).

Bruce for breaking down the barriers.

Kinnison. Dangerfield. Carlin. Peter Cook. Connolly. Don Rickles. Robin Williams.

Barry Humphries for breaking the British barrier.

Prior, and Hicks (but he's more of a personal taste).

Bruce for breaking down the barriers.

Kinnison. Dangerfield. Carlin. Peter Cook. Connolly. Don Rickles. Robin Williams.

Barry Humphries for breaking the British barrier.

There’s been so many brilliant comics. You’re right, it comes down to taste.

Dave Chappelle’s special new was given 0% by the 5 critics that rotten tomatoes chose to judge it, when they opened up the voting to the general public it’s gone to 99%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliant. I’ve heard other comedians say that it Australia is a s**t place for comedy. Can’t get away with s**t here.

I dunno, I reckon the market is still definitely here, but the mainstream media exposure tends to be very narrow in it's political selection (The ABC, Peter Hellier, etc.)

I dunno, I reckon the market is still definitely here, but the mainstream media exposure tends to be very narrow in it's political selection (The ABC, Peter Hellier, etc.)

There’s definitely a market but the clubs won’t book them, and good luck trying to get into a festival if you’re too controversial.

A significant factor of comedy is that it reveals uncomfortable truths that resonate with an audience.

This does not sit well with "woke" culture, which frankly consists of a great number of political extremists. They'd deny that, but it's patently obvious.

I had the honor of seeing him live at the 1993 Melbourne comedy festival. Front row seats. At one point he locked on to me and he looked right in to me with his piercing gaze. I knew he'd taken the mushrooms, and he knew I had too.

I've had the good fortune to see some of the great stars of this planet in my life. Apparently I saw the Beatles with my mother as an infant, Bon Scott and Kurt Cobain in later years, but that moment with Bill was the all time Elvis moment of my life time.

Ha. Awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back