Sim Feature Requests, Suggestions & Bug Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

That was it. Now to be fair, I used Qooty v.11 which is my working version and kindah off the books. But it's definitely not my comment 'cause I don't say "something usually happens when", just not something I say.

It may have been provided somewhere that I got it, separate from where current simmers have their comments from. But it's worth checking.

Simmers can do a text search of the comments folder. Shouldn't be hard. Just enter clarkey's stated text and see what shows. can try for mine too.

Yeah, I already found it
1644189223377.png

Also, JoshWoodenSpoon did do updated commentary lines a few seasons ago Mobbs, so that could be his line you are referring to.

Can this be used to over turn a certain Grand Final?
s**t yeah.

Ladies and Gentlemen, your S19 Premiers...

ladBi03.png

Here's a big "* that" request but think it'll be pretty cool to see.

Hate Mobbs Ljp86 Broken and anyone else that are great with the league's stats and history.

Is there any way to populate player stats against each team? Most desired is the Wins/Losses i.e. Player A has 8 wins and 10 losses against the Hawks, but think it'd be sweet to have other stats too such as goals kicked, etc.

Would the sim be able to, much like how it has "players to watch", have leading disposal getters and goals kicked during the breaks into the commentary?

In addition, who's "hot", gone cold etc. - might be a nice little addition.

Would the sim be able to, much like how it has "players to watch", have leading disposal getters and goals kicked during the breaks into the commentary?

In addition, who's "hot", gone cold etc. - might be a nice little addition.
I'd really like these features too! The Sim itself can show the disposals per player as it runs, and even has a (poorly performing) hot-cold indicator for each player as well. But it doesn't text report on it through the commentary.

The one and only numeric stat given during the commentary is the occasional mention of how many goals a recent goalkicker has kicked at that stage.

The one and only numeric stat given during the commentary is the occasional mention of how many goals a recent goalkicker has kicked at that stage.
This is what gave me the idea.

"You just get the feeling the Roys need the next goal here, don't you?"

"You just get the feeling the Roys need the next goal here, don't you?"
So hard to inject this much AI into the code. It's already full of "that's a very important goal at this stage", sometimes when the goalkicker's team is 90 points in front :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The setting for Hot/Cold shows in the form of these arrows, but it seems pretty much a fail. It's supposed have 5 levels, from double red (down), single red (down), blank, single green (up) and double green (up). But as can be seen in the video, way too many are just double red (down) and it player status jumps levels pretty often. I also can't see a single instance of single red (down), but maybe I missed it. Oh and it only updates each time there is a score or quarter change.
View attachment hot-and-cold_display.mp4

Tried heaps of things to slightly up the stats but it always created a scores blowout. The only way to do it without scores increasing is to also either 1) increase the rate of turnovers or 2) increase the rate of transactions that do not advance the ball. Unfortunately these are already kind of maxed out, there are sometimes 6 handballs and 5 kicks in the backline at a time.
There is a third option, and that would be to increase (add entire) transactions for the ball remaining in dispute. Currently the ball is only ever really in dispute for a maximum of 1 transaction. You might notice the game never calls for a ballup except for after a goal or starting a new quarter.
But this third option means writing entirely new threads of play (and therefore code)
You've retired from Qooty but yeah, this would still be nice having this tweaked slightly. Oh well.

25 minute quarters... should be 28+! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back