Feelings?

Remove this Banner Ad

Morning all - First feeling is "Pride". I dont think Ive ever been prouder after a loss. Second feeling is "what if" and there are a lot of them rattling around in my head.
Third is "Up-side"- we will be far better next year and I wish next seson was here already.

Wrong attitude - you need to watch it again. The players will watch it again and it will burn in their bellies. This is what will drive them next year. You need to watch it again and you will be better for it after the emotion of yesterday.

This final series is a stepping stone to greatness for this club. I have no doubt about it in my mind.

This is a team with stars who have grown this year and are all over the field not like the 2000's when all our stars were in the midfield - Taylor Walker, Patrick Dangerfield, Sam Jacobs, Daniel Talia - no matter what draw we have next year I am in no doubt we will again be top 4.

I'm disappointed I wasn't there yesterday, I had tickets but unfortunately father suffered a heart attack on Friday afternoon and was in ICU and couldn't go. My emotions ebbed and flowed with the game but my glass is half full not half empty.

As the AFL saying goes - "This is Greatness" and I believe we will achieve it In the coming years.

Jesus man, hope he's okay.

Morning guys, what a game. Went down and gotta say, was bloody relieved when we got over the line in the end. You guys were superb last night, thought Sando coached exceptionally well. I think you actually out-Hawthorned us for much of the night. Your ball movement was extremely good when you were able to break and your forwards were outstanding.

A lot of talk was about the easy draw you guys had, but really, you played bloody good footy for the majority of the year, and I have a feeling that with the continued development of Walker, Danger, Sloane, Wright, Petrenko, Henderson, Talia etc etc you'll be a threat for years to come.

Commiserations, you should be really proud of your side. They never gave up even when we threatened to blow the game open in the 3rd, and kept fighting back in the last.

Cheers (and thanks for the freaken heart attack!!)

There is a lot of blame being levelled at the selection of two players that I think, when the dust settles, some posters will regret.

There has to be a balanced assessment about what we do before reloading next year. Getting rid of every player that had a poor finals series is not the answer, and never has been. Otherwise Darren Jarman wouldn't have played another game after 1991.

We have to learn by past years, but we can't be scarred by them.

Yes, be ruthless, but be ruthless for the right reasons, today, in 2012. Not because we're all head cases from seven years ago and regretting carrying players from THAT era.

The only other thing I wanted to say was, how many times did we have to be on the wrong side of the umpiring this year before we admit this a problem in our club? Yesterday was not an isolated incident.

We're tough, accountable, fair and hard. But we don't know how to win a free kick to save ourselves. Our guys just don't know how to play the whistle. Never did under Craig, and still don't now. This was the SINGLE biggest factor in yesterday's result. It literally cost us the game.

The umpires aren't biased. Stupid yes, but not biased.

Jesus man, hope he's okay.

He is a fighter my father and all signs are good at the moment.

It does put things in perspective but we need to embrace how far we have come this year but yet acknowledge that yesterday's game was only the first step in a journey to greatness. Be proud but without the next step we will achieved nothing. We will also need to be ruthless with player management. It is there if we want it. DO WE WANT IT?

Last night wasn't the issue.

No one has a problem with the way we played and we got close (well... some turnovers and centre clearances were poor but anywho)

But again, we shot ourselves in the foot in a game at home where we were favourites that made the path to the grand final 100x harder than it should have been. That's the problem.

Ok... I take the point that we have some new players who haven't much finals experience and that loss might have been part of the journey. Let's hope so.

Yeah. Unlike 2005/06 we had a raft of genuinely inexperienced finals footballers. I thought the reactions of Dangerfield and Mackay in 2009 were hard to watch, watching it slip away, but having seen them again last night they looked like players who finally understood, in light of the grind we've had the past couple of seasons, what these opportunities actually are. We can only hope we put in another outstanding pre season to drive improvement and get there again. There are no guarantees.

Last night wasn't the issue.

No one has a problem with the way we played and we got close (well... some turnovers and centre clearances were poor but anywho)

But again, we shot ourselves in the foot in a game at home where we were favourites that made the path to the grand final 100x harder than it should have been. That's the problem.

Ok... I take the point that we have some new players who haven't much finals experience and that loss might have been part of the journey. Let's hope so.

so we peaked two weeks late you reckon?... I like the idea. Setting them for a late september peak was a nc legacy for blighty but has it become our achillies of recent times?...

we need more class in the midfield...asap... fingers crossed crouch, lyons and kerridge come on real quick

I am numb still, the boys deserved to win. I think thats what hurts the most. Oh and watching all of the sports shows this morning and listening to them go on about how good the Hawks were infuriates me!!

I think we are both on the same page. That's why I said in another thread I will be interested to see how Sanderson handles the list management, trading and draft. That will give us a real indication of whether he's really finals focused or not.

this is the single thing that scares me most about Sando... is he tough enough to cut the fat off? played Shaw and Petrenko who where suspect clearly to everyone before the game and it blew up on him both times...to win it takes a ruthlessness that few are willing to delve into... hopefully we get a clear show of direction by another heavy list shakeup to weed out any mediocrity and complacency...not many winning coaches come from the mate side of the fence...IMO...demand and command and conquer...

I also wouldn't mind seeing a new midfield coach next year either...nothing against campo...just get a fresh face like Lingy in the mix...

Last night the overwhelming feeling was pride. Yes I was gutted like everyone else, but I don't think I had ever felt so calm after a loss, an amazing effort.

Today, the feeling is transitioning to anger. I'm watching the replay and am absolutely gutted. The umpiring was disgusting. Anyone who says otherwise either doesn't watch much football or is a Hawthorn supporter. Seeing some of the decisions, it is pretty hard not to think there wasn't some direction. There is a bloody big line between line ball calls, incompetence and bias.

But back to the game. Tippett, Rutten, Jacobs, Danger, VB, Tex earned respect a thousand times over. Incredible game from these guys. A couple of weeks ago I was resigned to the fact we would lose Kurt but after last night I will be devastated if he leaves. Loved seeing us stream through the middle of the ground at every opportunity and I think Sando deserves all the credit he gets. He coached superbly last night.

I am numb still, the boys deserved to win. I think thats what hurts the most. Oh and watching all of the sports shows this morning and listening to them go on about how good the Hawks were infuriates me!!

If that drives us harder then we have to suck it up for now.

When we get there then we can sit back and watch others wish they were us.

Wrong attitude - you need to watch it again. The players will watch it again and it will burn in their bellies. This is what will drive them next year. You need to watch it again and you will be better for it after the emotion of yesterday.

This final series is a stepping stone to greatness for this club. I have no doubt about it in my mind.

This is a team with stars who have grown this year and are all over the field not like the 2000's when all our stars were in the midfield - Taylor Walker, Patrick Dangerfield, Sam Jacobs, Daniel Talia - no matter what draw we have next year I am in no doubt we will again be top 4.

I'm disappointed I wasn't there yesterday, I had tickets but unfortunately father suffered a heart attack on Friday afternoon and was in ICU and couldn't go. My emotions ebbed and flowed with the game but my glass is half full not half empty.

As the AFL saying goes - "This is Greatness" and I believe we will achieve it In the coming years.

I hear ya. I will watch it.......just not ready to watch it today....but its still on my DVDR just like all the the games this year. I'll watch them all again.

Man I am sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope that he is ok. Thoughts are with you.

Bullseye amer. We were probably pretty pumped about the 'future' that 2005/06 heralded. Then we realised that this was as good as it was going to get.

We must do now what we didn't do after 2005/06.

React.

With mindset, selection and list management.
The MAJOR difference between this year and the 2005/2006 is that our key players are yet to reach their peak where as in those prelims all our big guns were on the wrong side of 28. Most of our key players going forward are 25 or under and in most cases they are 22 or 23 years of age.

Am I gutted that we lost yet another prelim? s**t yeah! But I see the differences between this team and that in mid 2000s. This team was is just starting to build where as the other one was having a one last crack.

Practically half the team that lined up against the swans was playing in their 1st ever AFL final. That HAS to count for something. It took these guys 6 quarters of footy to get the pace and intensity of finals footy. They now know what it takes and will be better for it. The team in 2005/2006 was made up of veterans that were supported by young and mid tier players. This team is made up of young guns that are supported by veterans. That is a BIG difference.

Dangerfield, Sloane, Walker, Wright, Mackay et al are the core of this team and they are yet to hit their peak!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fumbling by rutten, dropped mark by Wright and bad passing to our leading targets were bad. I believe this contributed to our loss. .
Clarkson was blaming poor goal kicking as he tried not to laugh. its what happens in finals.
Ask St Kilda if things will just happen and the footy gods will look after you.. Ask the Bulldogs..

The name of those clubs are swear words, those clubs culture is crap and that's why they're where they are, we are nothing like those ghetto bred sides.

We had a blessed run with injuries this year - will that ever happen again?

Collision injuries, possibly. But If you go back threw our team changes and see the guys missing games from injury or look at the guys carrying injuries. Sydney on the other hand.

Other than that the players own preperations contributed to the amount of games they don't miss.

The name of those clubs are swear words, those clubs culture is crap and that's why they're where they are, we are nothing like those ghetto bred sides.
Nothing to do with where they are now, it's to do with not everything goes right at the right times and why you must take any chance you get..

Their cultures weren't too bad a few years ago when one made consecutive Prelim's and another consecutive Grand Finals.. One bounce sits up for Milne instead of what it did and Saints have a flag finally.. Bulldogs have had quite a few heartbreaking Prelim losses..

Their cultures weren't too bad a few years ago when one made consecutive Prelim's and another consecutive Grand Finals.. One bounce sits up for Milne instead of what it did and Saints have a flag finally.. Bulldogs have had quite a few heartbreaking Prelim losses..

Both loaded with low draft picks. I thought the last 2 seasons with st kilda were as a result of the issues with ms Duthie and the culture that nurtures the scandal...

Gutted.... But there again, this thread is perfect because getting behind your team is JUST that, FEELINGS, the highest of highs and the lowest of lows :(

I loved them Crows when they disappointed in 93, and when we were drunk on emotion in 97 & 98, still did when 14th place came in 2011.

What happened this year is something special, I even think it's a completely unique time for the Adelaide footy club. The side isn't full of SANFL stars like the early nineties, and the premiership champions that kept pushing last decade are all gone.What we have now is a surprisingly talented young list who are genuinely hungry, they are looking forward rather than trying to replicate what was....

As gutted as I feel after last night, I AM unashamedly PROUD. Look at TEX walkers looooooong long bomb on half time! What a finish :) and such a big moment in the highest game of his life. Then look at Buddy spraying his set shots.... They can show him on a million replays through this week, but the biggest name in the game couldn't stand up like TEX and Tippet did.... I could not believe their finishing last night, it was just bloody exceptional.

As for our dice rolling through the corridor??? My god they took that game by the balls and had a red hot crack!!!

Those betting odds, and the Vic media were not wrong... I spent all week theorizing and arguing the Crows into the GF, but I DO KNOW FOOTY and we had no right to believe like we did lol, that Hawks outfit are capable of just smashing it forward and blowing sides apart... The midfield delivery, and finals experience at the MCG just made Crows look like they were going to be humiliated.... BUT the players BELIEVED, just as irrationally as ME, and YOU, that they could defy all!
Even after the hawks banged that 4.2 in 9mins of the 3rd, them Crows did not blink, they just went harder.

Patty Dangerfield was ridiculous in that final qtr.... This as a fan, had the hair standing up on the back of my neck, and we even hit the front with 5 mins in it!!!!!

Im gutted for the boys, bitterly sore, but I REFUSE to turn to some kind of pessimistic defeatist attitude to ease my pain.
That would not be fair on our playing group! This year they really STUFFED UP 1 single game, the home Sydney final :(
That made me angry, but the team redeemed themselves when against the wall v Freo, and last night was the most memorable game I have seen from a Crow team since the 97 Dogs Prelim.... WE SHOULD ALL BE SO, SO PROUD.

As for next year, who knows???? Richmond and The bombers and Freo will be different teams I believe and really threaten for the whole season, and of course as always the draw will look easy or hard until everyone works out who's having a true run at the top 4! How's Carlton going to fair with grumpy Mick and maybe even Cloak?

Long way to go before we can even consider Prelim redemption in 2013... But hey, if the boys throw themselves in hard and do not ever consider a loss till the siren ends battle, then that'll do for me.

My feelings now are that Sando and his rejuvenated Crows have shown me there is some potential for us to have the Premiership window open up... I wasn't expecting it, but it's something worth being very optimistic about!

Love them Crows, I am really really hung over, but already im feeling positive about watching them set Footy Park on fire just one last year.... Then off to Adelaide Oval with the Premiership Cup to begin a CROWS dynasty, the likes of which the AFL has never seen!!!!
(but there again, I do think every year that we are only one summer away from the birth of a dynasty hahaha)

Caaaarn you bloody lion hearted Crows... See youse all at AAMI for another crack in 2013!

c ouldnt be prouder of the players today, we took it right up to the hawks and almost stole the most amazing win ever.

a close prelim loss will burn inside the players. this game will hold us in good stead for 2013, gonna be a long pre season.

Proud was all I felt yesterday apart from a few occasions.

1. When Stiffy got his goal. I was in disbelief and was ecstatic realizing how close we were to a GF.

2. Shattered once I saw the flood at the last centre bounce and everyone was saying how long was left.

3. So freaking sad and emotional after the siren once it sunk in it was Dogga's last game. He was so close to a GF in the final moments of his career. My friend and I broke down, I hate retirements. I composed myself then looked at my friend with tears down her face and I started again LOL.

Walked out the G so proud! Strange, I wasn't upset of the result for more than a few moments after the game. Thrilled with their effort. Amazing. Love them. I will admit - AFC exceeded all my expectations by a MILE last night.

I was exhausted from being so pumped and absolutely buzzing the entire game, about 9.30-10pm I just lost all energy and crashed!
Although I said tiredness, I was still wide awake well after 10... Must of been the adrenaline and anxiety that kept me up for a while. Tiredness in terms of mental state, energetic due to physiological reasons...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back