Discussion FGD Board Awards Poll #4: Competition of the Year (REPLAY)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
FGD Board Awards Poll #4 - Competition of the Year (REPLAY)
And the nominees are..........

#1 Teamworks Performance Competition run by Kerr4PM (originally run by Kerby)
Written by TheDoctor11
The TWP comps started under the guidance of Kerrby in 2010, which ended in controversy, but a worthy winner was found with Willo’s Suit and Tie FC jumper winning. This resulted in a hiatus, before the International Rules competition started in November of that year. LeeARM and Craegus tied this event, and both received their designs made into custom jumpers as their prize.
TWP comps continued until the infamous “Pimp our Ride” competition, which received only two entries, from LiverpoolRed and myself, and much consternation from the board members. Despite this, they still gave out a prize, but went on a second hiatus, and only recently returned with the Design an AFL Clash jumper competition.
What makes this series of competition different is that the winners would receive their design made up into a custom jumper by the company. Teamworks have been incredible good to our board, and despite some of our less the stellar moments in their threads, they persist with us and continue to make up our designs into great quality jumpers. Run by Kerr4PM these days, these competitions are a highlight when they pop up and encourage some brilliant designs. A brief rundown of winners can be found in the honor roll on the sub board.

#4 NAFL: National Australian Football League (v.2) run by Lion_Cub_16 (originally ran by InCase)
Written by workhorse
Originally thought of by InCase in December last year, the NAFL was set ready to go until InCase unfortunately pulled out. With the idea in limbo, Lion Cub 16 stood up and took the reigns in running the competition.
Another hypothetical comp, NAFL is a second-tier league to the AFL, where we select a location in Australia or New Zealand, a nickname and a colour combo (similar to ARICL).
14 teams from various and unique parts of Australia and New Zealand make up the league that is run like a normal AFL season. (i.e. Home and Away Season, Finals, Ladder etc.)
At this stage the most successful teams include Gava’s Canberra Bluebirds and Cory’s Melbourne Foxes.
This competition was an absolute hit in its early stages and then again when LC16 took over. This competition is an original and fantastic idea that has been very popular since the beginning.

#3 AFL Rebooted run by pie_machine
Written by workhorse
Pie_machine’s follow up comp from CCCC, AFL Rebooted is a hypothetical competition where the AFL has gone bankrupt and a new AFL is set up. Pie_machine selects a location and we get to select a nickname.
The competition is very interactive gives people on the board the chance to have a say in where a team is located and what nickname is used.
Board members design their logo and jumpers and the winner is chosen via a poll.
The competition has featured various round winners (Craegus, Cory, Gava, workhorse, Sepul and TeenWolf) showcasing how popular and unique this competition has been. The winning designs can be found in the AFL Rebooted Honor Roll.
The competition is now into its 9th team and is as well-liked as ever!

#6 BigFooty Designathon run by craegus
Written by Gibbsy
A brand new competition concept, Craegus' 'Designathon' showcases the best work of FGD members through different weekly stipulations which extract creativity from all designers. The anonymous submission and voting system is unique to the board across its history, with the idea that is places a complete emphasis on the quality of the design piece and not the designer's identity, therefore eliminating any element of bias. The 'Designathon' has been very popular in its first initiation and will most likely be revived after its conclusion for a second lot of rounds.

******REMEMBER YOU CAN ONLY VOTE FOR ONE OPTION********

*Walks up on stage to collect award*

Thank you so much. *sniff* But really, it's just an honour to be nominated alongside so many other designers.

I want to thank my agent, who stuck with me after I was found designing that competition. Boy was that an odd moment, especially seen I don't have an agent!!! *forced laugh*

Also to all those who voted, thank you. To those who didn't, don't you feel foolish now.

I'd like to also thank my wonderful family, *pause for emotional moment* who have been there from the beginning, and my long suffering psychiatrist, who again would be surprised, seen he doesn't exist either!!!

I better stop now before I say something expletive.

Thank you, and wooo!!!! *Wipes away a tear while walking off stage*

---------------

Ok, now the stupidity has passed, seriously, thank you all for voting, it feels great to know that something I worked long and hard on is regarded as one of the best competitions that exists on here (Note that I didn't say the best, because all the events on here are equally deserving of this title).

And as one final thank you, I can reveal right here, right now,

Designathonlogo2012.png

That's right it WILL be back in 2012.

If you have any event suggestions, please email them to the Designathon email with a detailed description of your idea (not just a title).

Please keep those suggestions that may relate to actual AFL clubs generic as the actual events club will be chosen at random like this year.

Some suggestions may be chosen to be events next year.

Congratulations craegus on running the Best Competition in 2011, BigFooty Designathon !!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Now, next, I am now seeking nominations for the next award - Most Improved Designer of 2011

FGD Design Most Improved Designer of 2011 Award:
Who is the most improved designer on this board? Which person has shown a willingness to better their designs and can now be viewed as a top designer on this board? This award will be a testament to the designer and the amount that they have improved.

(Now remember that this award goes to the person that has improved their designs the most since beginning on the board. If a certain poster came to this board and immediately made fantastic designs than this award probably doesn't deserve to go to them. As nasty as that sounds :D)

-------------------------------------------------------

Finally, sorry about the delay with the next poll, Most Appreciated Poster, I am confident it will be up tonight as we have just the spiels to get done :thumbsu:

:diamond: That is all :diamond:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back