Multiplat Final Fantasy XV

Remove this Banner Ad

The episode duscae demo was a better indication of what to expect, this was more of a limited tech demo that won't be a part of the finished product.

The combat isn't as simple as just holding circle, you can pull off pretty sweet combos holding different directions & switching weapons.

Not too mention parrying & team special moves which weren't there to see in this demo & there'll be a form of limit break as well, reckon the combat will be pretty good in the actual game.

Here's what the limited amount of weapons/techniques available in the demo are capable of in the right hands.

That's very impressive but I suppose it comes down to how difficult it is to actually master it and whether or not the game presents opportunities to learn it. The huge proportion of comments I have seen about the demo have highlighted how shallow the combat system was perceived to be. My "press circle" comment was hyperbole but if you look around there are a huge amount of comments exactly like that from people that have played the demo. The above looks great but if only a small portion of the player base can actually figure out how to make combat interesting then it's all for nothing. This isn't a hardcore fighting game that can get away with complicated combat that takes significant time and effort to master, it's an RPG and as such needs to have entertaining combat for all skill levels.

As I said, I'm not writing the game off, but the combat really didn't grab me at all. I'm not a long-standing FF fan by any stretch but I just don't see what was so wrong with the combat style they've employed in the recent games. It was probably the part I enjoyed most about them to be honest, despite the games not being anything particularly incredible.

bdxRlau.gif

I know his job is to make jokes, but even Elijah was dumbfounded at the game. It wasn't just Conan being a jerk for laughs.

Middle Earth: Entourage was such a good call haha

You say it's a JRPG but it's been massively Westernised with the setting and real time combat etc.

Conan does that with a lot of games tbh.. But the new FF are awful IMO, 10 and under they were great but that is when Square Enix decided they would rather be making interactive movies than games.

I worry for the FF7 remake.

Even 10 had some serious issues. The story and the voice acting are terrible.

The moment that voice acting was introduced to the FF series it became increasingly obvious that SE have almost no capacity to tell a good story. Some of the games have solid gameplay, the battle systems in 10 and 13 for example were pretty damn good, but the overall plot and characters are mostly trash.

It will be amusing to see the reaction from fans when they add voice acting to FFVII and people realise just how stupid the plot in that game is (and I say that as someone who loves the original).

For that very reason, the best FF game since FFIX remains FFXIV. Unfortunately most people didn't play it because its a MMO.

I know his job is to make jokes, but even Elijah was dumbfounded at the game. It wasn't just Conan being a jerk for laughs.

Middle Earth: Entourage was such a good call haha

You say it's a JRPG but it's been massively Westernised with the setting and real time combat etc.
Elijah also admitted in that video that he also struggles with games that has a lot of meandering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conan rips FF XV to shreds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLVL8S3lUHf0RqD7TZ6hohWk8Sd3asaqnY&v=eXJFbsQBvLw

It does look ridiculously stupid. No wonder I've never felt the urge to get into the FF series

this isn't FF! this just looks like someone slapped four Japanese emo boys into the GTA engine. it looks like they're trying to make a typical third person action game with very very lite JRPG elements. this is truly a Final Fantasy branded action game :|

Remove this Banner Ad

Back