PS5 Final Fantasy XVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like we’ll need at least 100gb of storage for XVI, I have to uninstall some games but I’m not too surprised, I mean the 2+ hour demo was 18gb storage needed and that was just the prologue and one combat stage. Lol

Confirmation of the download size now

Oh thank god, not as much as expected lol means I have plenty of room just uninstalling Mass Effect Legendary Edition and XV.

Haha, very true. I was expected a file size a lot bigger than that, so it’s a nice surprise.

Just pre-ordered. It comes Thursday.

Now I need to finish Jedi Survivor before then otherwise I'll never beat it. Was also tempted to order Diablo 4 too. Ridiculous year for gaming.

Just pre-ordered. It comes Thursday.

Now I need to finish Jedi Survivor before then otherwise I'll never beat it. Was also tempted to order Diablo 4 too. Ridiculous year for gaming.

I stopped Jedi Survivor for those very same reasons, will never finish it before 16 hits, so away you go for later, Diablo 4 I am on Blizzard boycott so F them.

Edit: and yep installed today, as well as digital content viewer apparently. So can predownload on PS5 today.

Last edited:
I stopped Jedi Survivor for those very same reasons, will never finish it before 16 hits, so away you go for later, Diablo 4 I am on Blizzard boycott so F them.

Edit: and yep installed today, as well as digital content viewer apparently. So can predownload on PS5 today.
Yeah, I did that this morning. Was expecting it to take a bloody long time to download, our internet is crap at the best of times, however it took less than 2 hours so I was happy haha

My controller just blew out. Lucky I have a day to get a new one just in time. * me the PS5 is costing me a fortune this year. Oh well. Worth it

That's both nice timing and very s**t luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 7 does seem a bit of an outlier.
And didn't even look at the review before making my previous comment speculating as to why it would be so low... then I read the first sentence of the review:

"This is my first review of a major mainline Final Fantasy release. I see this as a rite of passage, having considered myself a fan since adolescence."

So basically the series has evolved and matured but the individual writing the review hasn't.

There’s a couple that have given it a 6 or 7 out of 10 (1 3 out of 5), even the Saudi reviewers gave it an 8, and that country banned the game. The 6’s and 7’s are definitely in the minority, most critics love it.

I’m sure those people that didn’t love it had valid reasons, at the end of the day what’s important is whether or not you enjoy it.

Yo!

So our reviewer was disappointed by a number of things. I wouldn't necessarily say they're stuck in the past but for them they haven't found the right balance here in terms of new audiences versus veteran players.

Combat was a big sticking point with it feeling very basic and repetitive over the course of the playthrough. The open world sections also failed to impress. Supposedly the main character needs someone to bounce off.

On our podcast (which goes live tonight) we had another reviewer (much bigger than us) and they were in the same boat. Their review hasn't gone live yet.

So basically the series has evolved and matured but the individual writing the review hasn't.
Don't think is a necessary comment. Not everyone has to like everything, and because he didn't share the view of the majority it doesn't require personal jabs. Especially, when you've probably not played the game yourself, outside of the demo (which is a very curated experience).

Yeah the combat has been quite divisive.

I’m loving it, slowly figuring out when to dodge and trying to learn how to parry, however I’m definitely an action game newbie, messed around a little bit with DMC but not much, so I can kind of understand why normal mode combat might be pretty basic for some people, especially if they play a lot of action games.

Has your friend that reviewed the game tried the ultimania mode in the arcade part of the game? I’ve heard that’s a bit harder.

And didn't even look at the review before making my previous comment speculating as to why it would be so low... then I read the first sentence of the review:

"This is my first review of a major mainline Final Fantasy release. I see this as a rite of passage, having considered myself a fan since adolescence."

It's interesting, because I am one of those who jumped ship after 12, and 16 I am loving because it feels like the older games :tearsofjoy:

Obviously the combat system is not like the past games but that's level pegging for all FF players.

I can't quite put my finger on why it feels like an older game... maybe the story?

It's interesting, because I am one of those who jumped ship after 12, and 16 I am loving because it feels like the older games :tearsofjoy:

Obviously the combat system is not like the past games but that's level pegging for all FF players.

I can't quite put my finger on why it feels like an older game... maybe the story?
It feels very classic final fantasy to me as well, I’m only up to the combat demo point right now, but it’s quickly overtaking VIII and XIV as my favourite Final Fantasy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back