Player Watch Finlay Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to say Fin misses out. Sullivan and even Bytel might be hard to leave out
Why would he miss out? They view him best 23 right now -- just a matter getting him into the starting line up, when the other two yet to even be on the emg list. Even Harrison is ahead of those two.

Why would he miss out? They view him best 23 right now -- just a matter getting him into the starting line up, when the other two yet to even be on the emg list. Even Harrison is ahead of those two.
It's not ideal coming in off 2 games as sub and very little in the last 4 weeks. I could be wrong

It's not ideal coming in off 2 games as sub and very little in the last 4 weeks. I could be wrong

No it’s not. But they did have ginni as sub for both two finals then bought him into the 22 for the gf, so don’t think conditioning shouldn’t be an issue if they wanted to bring him into the 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it’s not. But they did have ginni as sub for both two finals then bought him into the 22 for the gf, so don’t think conditioning shouldn’t be an issue if they wanted to bring him into the 22.

Ginni's probably not a good example to use to make your point in this instance, lol.

Yes; he must be given a full game next week. He needs to be thrown into the heat of the mid-field kitchen ASAP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t have him and Pendles same team. Maybe even Tommy Mitch.

I didn’t want to put the kiss of death on him, but I didn’t mind the idea of starting both Finn and Wombat, and then subbing one off for a half-back (I was thinking Noble at the time) and switching Crisp into midfield. They went about it slightly differently but it went ok.

Bit of a crossroads for the kid. Many have high hopes for Finn including me but it’s his 4th season and by now mids should be regulars.

Tough gig after the sub and at the Gabba. Back to vfl and some form hopefully.

Go easy on here please

I just don’t see it. Tonight Fin played 50mins TOG as an inside midfielder for 6 touches at 50% DE. If he hadn’t been subbed for Crisp we would have lost.

To my eye Macrae has no traits that are elite or likely to become elite. He’s not fast, he’s not a ball-magnet, he rushes his disposals and isn’t a goal-kicker.

Unfortunately Fin’s too good for VFL but not good enough for AFL.

Let’s see what Allan, Sullivan and then DeMattia have to offer. We need to quickly find replacements for Pendles, Sidey and Mitchell.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back