Player Watch Finlay Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge decision, many if not most had Finlay squeezing one of the old boys out of a spot by this stage. That the selectors are prepared to chance their arm on an over age rookie speaks volumes for where Fin is at in my opinion

Will there be a sequel to the movie "WHY", a harrowing tale of fin and why he didn't make it? I hope not because the original was really boring and long winded.

The film actually begins in the Scottish Highlands in 1476 when a clan had to register their name with the local authorities. A bitter dispute broke out about spelling. Blood was spilt. A family was torn apart and the McRaes have never forgiven the Macraes.

Last edited:

The film actually begins in the Scottish Highlands in 1476 when a clan had to register their name with the local authorities. A bitter dispute broke out about spelling. Blood was spilt. A family was torn apart and the McRaes have never forgiven the Macraes.
Finally, something that makes sense

Finally, something that makes sense
All our selection makes sense if you know the history of the clans. In 1632, the McRaes had their lands stolen by English Nobles. No coincidence that Noble had a final series cruelly ripped from his grasp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the lack of general footy knowledge on here sometimes or how hard it is to find a game where you would be comfortable seeing Fin in the guts for a full game?
ATM, absolutely. I really don't know if he will eventually make it but the club doesn't seem to think he can play the role they require. Yeah, I was referring to the fact that I can't see him playing a full game in the guts, especially next week

When do we play North?
Doesn’t matter. He’s not going to stand much of a chance v LDU, Powell, Wardlaw and Simpkin either. Weak midfields don’t really exist so without a second position it’s hard. I said it in the matchday thread that if you’re looking for an “easy kill” in the midfield it’s Richmond without Taranto and Hopper. Like Manic I don’t know if he gets there, but right now there isn’t a spot for him against even the weakest of teams.

And get monstered by Reid, Yeo, Kelly and Ginbey? No thank you!
Oh, let’s just not ever play him ever again then if we are worried about WC. Gold Coast towelled their midfield up last week ( minus Reid ) , I would much rather their mids than WC’s mids.
We still have our own mids to help, he wouldnt be playing a solo hand.

Last edited:
Oh, let’s just not ever play him ever again then if we are worried about WC. We still have our own mids to help, he wouldnt be playing a solo hand.
If he’s not deemed to be up to it then yes we shouldn’t play him again just like Ruscoe and Bianco for the 2nd half of last year. The perception of next week being his week because it’s WC is my main issue though because they are a different team in 2024 and I don’t think it suits anyway especially if we get one of Mitchell and JDG back.

If he’s not deemed to be up to it then yes we shouldn’t play him again just like Ruscoe and Bianco for the 2nd half of last year. The perception of next week being his week because it’s WC is my main issue though because they are a different team in 2024 and I don’t think it suits anyway especially if we get one of Mitchell and JDG back.

I think you are overating WC a bit, they are still a bottom 4-6 side in my eyes
My point was that he got his chance against Brisbane, at the time one of the best midfields of the last few years, WC is a fair step down from that. A lot of it is confidence, we still don’t know what we have with Macrae, club may see it better to find out against an opposition we are expected to defeat than risk it against a side that we may lose to.
Time will tell

I think you are overating WC a bit, they are still a bottom 4-6 side in my eyes
My point was that he got his chance against Brisbane, at the time one of the best midfields of the last few years, WC is a fair step down from that. A lot of it is confidence, we still don’t know what we have with Macrae, club may see it better to find out against an opposition we are expected to defeat than risk it against a side that we may lose to.
Time will tell
He got that chance and fumbled it, badly. WC’s midfield isn’t the strongest, but each member of it has Macrae covered for quality. There’s a strong likelihood we go into that one 3-4-1 with our season on the line. I’m not turning to Macrae personally unless there’s injuries.

It's a cunning plan. The match committee are sending Sullivan out to be carved up by Cripps and co, so they can pick Finn next week...

Any selection decision is justified by a win over the cheats. Easier month coming up and I’m sure Finn will get his chance again.

Doesn’t matter. He’s not going to stand much of a chance v LDU, Powell, Wardlaw and Simpkin either. Weak midfields don’t really exist so without a second position it’s hard. I said it in the matchday thread that if you’re looking for an “easy kill” in the midfield it’s Richmond without Taranto and Hopper. Like Manic I don’t know if he gets there, but right now there isn’t a spot for him against even the weakest of teams.
I'd love for us to lure Wardlaw to the Pies. The kid is going to be a gun and would fit perfectly into our middle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back