First Collingwood, Now Essendon: Why does everyone want to be a miniature version of the Tigers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mini-Tigerland? Richmond frustrated at Dons' coach poaching

I understand that Richmond had the most dominant finals series this century in 2017, and were raging favourites in 2018 until gastroenteritis cruelled their finals campaign. I also understand that despite 3 years of blatant umpire discrimination and multiple rule changes aimed at "bringing Richmond back to the pack", and despite injuries to 4 All Australians and a host of other A graders, Richmond are still the favourites to win the flag this year, and will be for many years to come. But can't other clubs come up with their own strategies and philosophies rather than trying to ape the biggest, most feared and loathed club in the land?

I don't think this strategy will work for them anyway. Successful clubs need to build brave, noble cultures based on hard work, imagination and accountability. Not cultures based on feelings of entitlement and always seeking to gain unsporting advantages over their rivals. Salary cap and drug cheating in Essendon's case. Fixture fixing, and the most blatant umpiring favouritism in our games history in Collingwood's.

If these clubs feel that all they can do to hope to achieving success is ripping off others, relying on an uneven playing field and unfair advantages and cheating, they'll eventually become irrelevant like Geelong has: A once moderately successful* club, now little more than a laughing stock and bait for online trolls.

Last edited:

Poaching assistant coaches. Blasphemy

images

I’ve never seen a more blatant rip off of the 2010/2011 Pies strategy then this Richmond team. Hell, the team list is almost a carbon copy. Should be sending royalty cheque’s to Malthouse & Hine.

And unlike whatever nonsense rule change you Tigers supporters claim is to quell your influence, the league actually made 2 rule changes that directly affected Collingwood and the way the team was trained; interchange caps and blocking the man on the mark.

I’ve never seen a more blatant rip off of the 2010/2011 Pies strategy then this Richmond team. Hell, the team list is almost a carbon copy. Should be sending royalty cheque’s to Malthouse & Hine.

And unlike whatever nonsense rule change you Tigers supporters claim is to quell your influence, the league actually made 2 rule changes that directly affected Collingwood and the way the team was trained; interchange caps and blocking the man on the mark.
Lol your forward press and boundary hugging play, against our full field press, surge style football, good luck getting a patent, just be glad you didnt have to face this Richmond team back then.

Buckleys new found friendly club act is copied unaltered from the Tigers, you're surely not going to claim Malthouse came up with anything resembling friendly, what a shame Bucks goes into roid rage every time Colingwood f@cks up

Why anyone would want to be complete rat sh it for 37 years is beyond me... and we're not just talking premiership drought, we're talking bone fide, completely and utterly RAT SH IT!!!!!!
44 years lol. :$

"Oh were not just talking Premiership droughts."

What else is their but flags you handbag swinging kitty cat, tell me what else do clubs play for?

11 v 9 in less years champ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats on your 4 goal win over Carltoloton Tiggies...... that’s about where you’re at.

Congrats on your last win of 2019 also.....

Also Collingwood have injuries.
So there's that too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back