FTA-TV First Date Part 1 - cont in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wrc-rally-mexico-2017-sebastien-ogier-m-sport.jpg

FIAWorldRallyChampionshipAustraliaDaytG0N0x56Huel.jpg

I usually went on Tuesday/Friday of the first week. Last time was in 2000 before I left Melbourne. Have to have RL ticket for the air conditioning if I go next year.

It's hard to get RL tickets unless you book early. Usually I can get MCA tickets a week before AO begins, otherwise it's Ground Passes.

See I hate that. I refuse to buy tickets to RL without knowing who I'm seeing.

I know it's stupid because they are sold so far in advance, so I'll just have to do it if I want them...

Yeah an after 5pm ground pass might be the go this year. Just take in the vibe, some drinks and hopefully get on Voda.

I know it's stupid because they are sold so far in advance, so I'll just have to do it if I want them...

Yeah an after 5pm ground pass might be the go this year. Just take in the vibe, some drinks and hopefully get on Voda.

Same here, that's why I never buy RL in advance, I would like to know who is playing.

Hisense is another option.

Same here, that's why I never buy RL in advance, I would like to know who is playing.

Hisense is another option.

Getting on it might be hard tho.

Day ground pass I'm there at like 10am and get a great spot right on the baseline.

We stayed until past 9pm/the night match :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting on it might be hard tho.

Day ground pass I'm there at like 10am and get a great spot right on the baseline.

We stayed until past 9pm/the night match :)

I haven't been to hisense arena in years, like you said it's hard to get a seat. The last two years I've just gone to MCA and the outside courts.

I haven't been to hisense arena in years, like you said it's hard to get a seat. The last two years I've just gone to MCA and the outside courts.

But MCA you have a res seat, yes?

So can come and go as you please. Hisense, you can only go away for a max 30 mins at a time

But MCA you have a res seat, yes?

So can come and go as you please. Hisense, you can only go away for a max 30 mins at a time

Yes, it's reserved seating. You need a different ticket for MCA and usually there are available tickets during the week. It's actually a nice arena
RL is so outdated lol

I do not bother with hisense because you need to get their early, or wait in line for awhile to get a seat

So I guess I might have to change my plans. I got a RL ticket the night before the last time I went on the first Tuesday in 2000. It wasn't very expensive, maybe $25 or $35 or so. I sat next to a Canadian couple who flew out just for the Open. I do remember they paid a shitload more than me for their tickets. I watched the 2001 Open in Fort Lauderdale Florida. I had escaped the Chicago winter for three weeks there then went on a short cruise to the Bahamas.

Just thinking back to the 90s - I used to follow Lindsay Davenport and Todd Martin. Lindsay was an Amazon woman, but so nice. Todd was born about ten miles from my home. I remember making sure I saw Anna Kournikova one year. Who cared that she wasn't really very good. I also saw the Williams sisters. Michael Chan played in a day match in RL stadium that lasted to nearly the start of the evening matches one year.

I don't think many Melburnians appreciate having such a major sporting event in their own backyard. I also managed to go to the Australian Open golf at Kingston Heath prior to me leaving in 2000.

Last edited:
Undecided yet. I'll probably go during first week on a Friday or weekend.

I might also check out the qualifying rounds, free entry

Moving to Melbourne for work, actually doing some work in Melbourne and have decided to relocate down there. My wife is happy to move lol, bought a place in Melbourne a month ago. I don't actually start work till the first week of Feb in Melbourne.

We should catch up for a good drink lol

Moving to Melbourne for work, actually doing some work in Melbourne and have decided to relocate down there. My wife is happy to move lol, bought a place in Melbourne a month ago. I don't actually start work till the first week of Feb in Melbourne.

We should catch up for a good drink lol

that's great news! Melbourne is a cool place, we'll see you around here then lol

Well, Shell might end up coming to the Aust Open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back