Thumpy

All Australian
Dec 14, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Sturt
m0nty's recent blogs on FanFooty have inspired me to create this thread. Basically what you have to do is post what you think your team's round 1 line-up will look like. This is to help those that may not know much about certain clubs and are unsure if a rookie and/or mid-pricer is in the team's best 22.

So i'll start off with the crows

B: Johncock, Rutten, Davis
HB: Goodwin, Bock, McLeod
C: MacKay, Thompson, VanBerlo
HF: Knights, Hentschel, Edwards
F: Porplyzia, Tippett, Walker
R: Maric, Dangerfield, Vince
INT: Symes, Doughty, Stevens, Moran

Davis will replace Otten. That's a given;)
I also think Walker will make it back in the place of Burton but if not then it shouldn't really matter. Neither should really be in your teams come round 1 anyway. The other change is Moran in for Sellar:)

Fremantle

FB: Roger Hayden, Chris Tarrant, Greg Broughton
HB: Paul Duffield, Luke McPharlin, Nic Suban
C: Anthony Morabito, Paul Hasleby, Stephen Hill
HF: David Mundy, Matthew Pavlich, Des Headland
FF: Chris Mayne, Michael Johnson, Hayden Ballantyne
Fol: Aaron Sandilands, Rhys Palmer, Ryan Crowley,
Int: Garrick Ibbotson, Michael Walters, Antoni Grover, Adam McPhee

Emg: Matthew DeBoer, Clancee Pearce, Keplar Bradley

Solomon, Schammer and Dodd (if fit) will more than likely play but this is what I belive is our best 22.
There's also about another 10 guys under 20 that will also be under serious consideration.

I also think Walker will make it back in the place of Burton but if not then it shouldn't really matter. Neither should really be in your teams come round 1 anyway. The other change is Moran in for Sellar:)

Source please.

Brady Rawlings - Scott Thompson - Nathan Grima
Scott McMahon - Lachie Hansen - Michael Firrito
Liam Anthony - Andrew Swallow - Daniel Wells
Ben Warren - Robbie Tarrant - Brent Harvey
Matt Campbell - David Hale - Lindsay Thomas
Hamish McIntosh - Jack Ziebell - Levi Greenwood
Todd Goldstein - Leigh Harding - Ben Cunnington - Gavin Urquhart

Not a lot to get excited about from a DT perspective, other than Cunnington and Ziebell.

Fremantle

FB: Roger Hayden, Chris Tarrant, Greg Broughton
HB: Paul Duffield, Luke McPharlin, Nic Suban
C: Anthony Morabito, Paul Hasleby, Stephen Hill
HF: David Mundy, Matthew Pavlich, Des Headland
FF: Chris Mayne, Michael Johnson, Hayden Ballantyne
Fol: Aaron Sandilands, Rhys Palmer, Ryan Crowley,
Int: Garrick Ibbotson, Michael Walters, Antoni Grover, Adam McPhee

Emg: Matthew DeBoer, Clancee Pearce, Keplar Bradley

Solomon, Schammer and Dodd (if fit) will more than likely play but this is what I belive is our best 22.
There's also about another 10 guys under 20 that will also be under serious consideration.

For the purpose of this thread....Schammer in for Walters IMO.

For the purpose of this thread....Schammer in for Walters IMO.
Probably. But I'd rather not. Haven't you read the pre-season training thread? Walters has basically been a Stephen Hill clone with less pace off the mark apparently.

Again for the purposes of this thread I would have De Boer in for Morabito. Just shows you how carried away we can get with expectation that new draftees will walk into sides. I actually think Morabito will struggle to get a game in the first few rounds at Freo with so many recent draftees doing well enough to hold their spots.

Source please.

A lot of the regular posters on the Adelaide board have Davis in for Otten and some of them have inside word from the club;) The only other player I can think of that would compete with Davis for that spot is McKernan and I don't see him in the round 1 line-up. Remember it's just a prediction.

Again for the purposes of this thread I would have De Boer in for Morabito. Just shows you how carried away we can get with expectation that new draftees will walk into sides. I actually think Morabito will struggle to get a game in the first few rounds at Freo with so many recent draftees doing well enough to hold their spots.
In't DeBoer still on the rookie list at the moment?

Would DeBoer be competing with Crowley for a spot, or do you think he could play as a ball-winner in his own right? Keep in mind he is still on the rookie list, so he may not be eligible for a game come the start of the season.

Good point. But I've mainly tried to go for the more classy players who will make the most out of every possesion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs pretty settled TBH. A few still on limited programs and managed through the NAB but all should be ready for Rd 1.

Best 22:

B: Harbrow, Lake, Morris
HB: Gilbee, Williams, Hargrave
M: Griffen, Ward, Cross
HF: Higgins, Murphy, Akermanis
F: Johnson, Hall, Hahn
R: Hudson, Cooney, Boyd
I: Gianciracusa, Eagleton, Minson, Picken

Depth:

Hill, Callan, Tiller, Addison, Wood, Everitt, Reid, Stack, Roughead, Grant, Cordy, Markovic

Hill dropped during the finals and needs to force someone else out to get a game which won't be easy.

Carlton Round 1-

B: Joseph, Jamison, Thornton
HB: Scotland, Bower, Russell
C: Simpson, Gibbs, Carrazzo
HF: Yarren, Kreuzer, Lucas
F: Betts, Henderson,O'hAilpin
R: Hampson, Murphy, Mclean
INT: Armfield, Jacobs, Grigg, O'Keefe
EMG: Walker, Houlihan, Robinson

I don't think Waite will get up for round 1 so I'm guessing that Kreuzer will take his spot. Lucas looks like a good prospect and I can see Ratten playing him early. O'Keefe is my smokey for the side, will play as a small defender most likely rotating with Joseph.

Listening to 5AA this arvo, Neil Craig said that Davis is doing all the right things... but the 'easy' option would be for Stevens to take his place. He did say he had Otten looking at some midfield time this year...

I took it basically that its Otten or Davis.

Listening to 5AA this arvo, Neil Craig said that Davis is doing all the right things... but the 'easy' option would be for Stevens to take his place. He did say he had Otten looking at some midfield time this year...

I took it basically that its Otten or Davis.

Bit too soon to be commenting on 2011 but I'd say at this stage Otten will be the most selcted player for next year. With the 40% discount, back eligibility and a midfield role beckoning who knows what could happen:D

B: Smith - Bolton - Richards
HB: LRT - Grundy - Shaw
C: Malceski - Kirk - Bird
HF: O'Keefe - White - Goodes
FF: J. Bolton - Bradshaw - Dennis-Lane
RU: Mumford - McVeigh - McGlynn
INT: Seaby - Kennelly - Mattner - Jack

Though I'm going to be horrendously embarrassed at having forgotten someone.

B: Hunt - Scarlett - Enright
HB: Mackie - Taylor - Kelly
C: Bartel - Ling - Corey
HF: Chapman - Hawkins - SJ
FF: Rooke - Mooney - Varcoe
Fol: Ottens - Selwood - Ablett
I: Milburn - Stokes - Byrnes - Blake

Gamble I think would come in for SJ if he wasnt fit. Drum is going really well so far this preseason and could get in ahead of Hunt. Wocjinski and Hogan I just couldnt fit in but they will no doubt play a lot of games next season with injuries and players being rested.

B: Surjan Carlile Trengove (will probably be replaced by Chaplin in Round 2)
HB: Krakouer C. Cornes Salopek
C: Pearce Cassisi K. Cornes
HF: Ebert Tredrea Hartlett
F: D. Motlop Salter J. Westhoff
R: Brogan Boak Gray
Int: Lobbe Davenport Thomas
The last bench spot is totally up for grabs for any of Carr, Stewart, Broadbent, Banner, Logan, Pettigrew, Nash, Schulz, Harding and the draftees. Also, Hartlett has injury concerns and J. Westhoff is far from a definite starter, so there could be a few more spots up for grabs.

Rodan and M. Motlop injured, Chaplin suspended.

Ill have a go at sydney too StatMachine - though mine seems very different!

FB: Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Craig Bolton, Martin Mattner
HB: Tadhg Kennelly, Heath Grundy, Rhyce Shaw
C: Nick Malceski, Brett Kirk, Jude Bolton
HF: Ryan O’Keefe, Adam Goodes, Ben McGlynn
FF: Jesse White, Daniel Bradshaw, Patrick Veszpremi
Fol: Shane Mumford, Kieren Jack, Jarrad McVeigh
Int: Mark Seaby, Ted Richards, Trent Dennis-Lane, Craig Bird

Others: Josh Kennedy, Daniel Hanneberry, Nick Smith, Paul Bevan, Ed Barlow, Daniel Currie, Jetta, Rohan, Odwyer

I am not sure about Bird and Veszpremi - I think those two spots are fell and truly still up in the air. Anyone can take those positions too IMO.

Mattner/Kennelly/Malceski will all switch through half back and the wing.

I agree Morabito is no certainty for Rounds 1 - 3, IMO walters will play ahead of him. It may depend on the fitness of Rhys Palmer.

In't DeBoer still on the rookie list at the moment?

Yes that is correct, we elevated Broughton onto the senior list and unfortunately for De Boer he is still on the Rookie List. Someone will need to correct me if I'm wrong but I think we (freo) still have the option to nominate a rookie for 2010. Not 100% on that tho.

Predicted Melbourne round 1 line-up:

B: Bennell, Warnock, Macdonald
HB: Bruce, Rivers, Frawley
C: Davey, Moloney, Morton
HF: Green, Miller, Watts
FF: Petterd, Jurrah, Bate
R: Jamar, Sylvia, Mcdonald
I/C: Jones, Grimes, Johnson, Trengove

Unfit: Garland, Wonaeamirri

Ah screw it...

B: Bennell, Martin, Macdonald
HB:Tapscott, Frawley, Strauss
C: Blease, Grimes, Morton
HF: Davey, Watts, Bate
FF: Petterd, Jurrah, Jetta
R: Gawn, Scully, Trengove
I/C: Gysberts, Sylvia, Cheney, Maric

Predicted Melbourne round 1 line-up:

B: Bennell, Martin, Macdonald
HB:Tapscott, Frawley, Strauss
C: Blease, Grimes, Morton
HF: Davey, Watts, Bate
FF: Petterd, Jurrah, Jetta
R: Gawn, Scully, Trengove
I/C: Gysberts, Sylvia, Cheney, Maric

First year rookie ruckman with an under-developed rig... not sure about his chances for a first round guernsey.

One to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back