El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
kR8Ti8A.png

And we're off! 5 entries in so the competition begins. The winner of this week will be the inaugural FJ&GD World Heavyweight Champion!

If you think you can beat these entries, get yours in! Next round will start in a week and I hope to have 2 or 3 divisions worth of entries by then. Assuming we get more entries, the bottom two votegetters from this week will be in the 2nd division, with the next two entries I receive replacing them in the top division.

Everyone who has entered here can obviously modify their entry assuming they keep the same team, or pull out and re-enter at the bottom of the rankings with a new team.

Pick your champion out of these 5 entries:

5uEIb62.png

SUoeGaN.png

jm6E7eR.png

j4JAuVl.png

n1c5g7.jpg

Haha is anyone really going to hashtag akkaps? It's an improved design from you though mate, well done. Very hard to split actually, they're all very good for different reasons, but I'm going to go with Robe narrowly just because I love that shade of red

Haha is anyone really going to hashtag akkaps? It's an improved design from you though mate, well done. Very hard to split actually, they're all very good for different reasons, but I'm going to go with Robe narrowly just because I love that shade of red
I used to use this on some older designs of mine, I still had copy of it and thought I might use it. All three are legit, btw.

It is, I'm getting a Springfield Isotopes vibe

"'Topes lose!... Again!"
It may or may not be adapted from my winning entry in the Springfield Isotopes LogoOTW round :)

I was considering entering the "Split Atoms" in the next IFA but I've been working on a new Birmingham Bears logo that I'm really happy with so I'm gonna stick with the bears.

I can confirm that Bacon Warrior and Spanna65 have submitted entries and as such will be competing in the top division next week.

This poll still has 3 days, so there is plenty of time to get your entry in if you'd like to join the lowest two votegetters from this round in division 2 or the "Cruiserweight Division" in week 2.

Keep those votes coming people, on a couple of days left of round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How tight is the "no NAFL or IFA teams" rule? MXC Bulls aren't returning to the IFA, but I think they'd be a good suit for this.

Ditto, my NAFl Berwick Bobcats arent coming back in that competition

Not sure whether the Petes will return - I'd love to do Germany. It was my first pref IIRC.

I'll allow entries from past editions of the NAFL or IFA or whatever, provided they don't return to future editions of those competitions. If they do return they'll be retired from this competition.

Everyone else thank Bryce, I'm allowing this because I feel the Bobcats were criminally undervoted in the NAFL and a shot at the belt would be only fair.

One more day of votes for this one. Remember that your votes will shape the divisions for next week, so vote for your favourite design!

Also, if you want an entry in for next week, you'll probably need to get it in before Wednesday. Otherwise you'll be waiting a round.

:eek: Dylan8 I was planning on making a team to do with dolphins. Never got around to it and your design would s**t all over mine anyway.

Just for this you may or may not get my vote. :D

:eek: Dylan8 I was planning on making a team to do with dolphins. Never got around to it and your design would s**t all over mine anyway.

Just for this you may or may not get my vote. :D

Dylan doesnt have a monopoly on Dolphins. As I said in the hub thread, I don't care if everyone enters with similar colours or mascots. I just want lots of people to enter. This is a competition people should be participating in, not just watching.

Dylan doesnt have a monopoly on Dolphins. As I said in the hub thread, I don't care if everyone enters with similar colours or mascots. I just want lots of people to enter. This is a competition people should be participating in, not just watching.
I know I was just letting him know how great minds think alike. Was quite shocked when I saw it.

I would like to enter the competition but I feel as I need more practice on my designing skills. I'll enter when I feel the time is right.

I know I was just letting him know how great minds think alike. Was quite shocked when I saw it.

I would like to enter the competition but I feel as I need more practice on my designing skills. I'll enter when I feel the time is right.

Good to hear! I look forward to your entry.

Remember you can chuck an entry in and update it every week if you like. One of the features of this competition is the ability to take feedback and update your entry week in week out. Your entry will retain it's place in the division structure unless you change the club, mascot or colours.

It's a perfect beginners competition, especially if you're looking for feedback and to be able to regularly update as your skills improve.

Good to hear! I look forward to your entry.

Remember you can chuck an entry in and update it every week if you like. One of the features of this competition is the ability to take feedback and update your entry week in week out. Your entry will retain it's place in the division structure unless you change the club, mascot or colours.

It's a perfect beginners competition, especially if you're looking for feedback and to be able to regularly update as your skills improve.
Yeah I knew that was the case but I didn't think about it like that at all. I might make something up and enter it. It will be a great way to continually see my progress improve.

Back