Poll FJ&GD World Heavyweight Championship: Week 2

Vote for 1 entry from each division

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah totally man, I mean who knew that the images not showing up on Bigfooty would also make your Illustrator stop working and also totally ruin tinypic and the private messaging system. What an insidious little issue we had there!

New round in 5 days, since I have your entry now already you'll be in Div 2 for that round.

PS: nice entry, i'm going to spend the week marketing the competition around your presence hope you don't mind :kisses:
I was going to upload it but you can't in a PM. Didn't think about just linking it!

Yeah totally man, I mean who knew that the images not showing up on Bigfooty would also make your Illustrator stop working and also totally ruin tinypic and the private messaging system. What an insidious little issue we had there!

New round in 5 days, since I have your entry now already you'll be in Div 2 for that round.

PS: nice entry, i'm going to spend the week marketing the competition around your presence hope you don't mind :kisses:
I suggest his entry will be similar to this entry

My reaction to seeing lmach 's entry

giphy.gif

I may now close down the competition and take the image to a cave somewhere to live out my life with it.

Just a reminder to everyone who has entered, if you want to change your design up a little to improve your votes, go for it!

I'd suggest that everyone will need to lift their game a bit to compete with lmach, so why not try something bold and think outside the box! If it sucks, at least it only sucks for a week and you can change it back.

Just a reminder to everyone who has entered, if you want to change your design up a little to improve your votes, go for it!

I'd suggest that everyone will need to lift their game a bit to compete with lmach, so why not try something bold and think outside the box! If it sucks, at least it only sucks for a week and you can change it back.
If lmach's design is as good as you make it out to be, can we start about 10 divisions down so we can be competitive for a while?

If lmach's design is as good as you make it out to be, can we start about 10 divisions down so we can be competitive for a while?

It's inevitably going to be an English football league type scenario where a few ridiculously good heavy hitters hog the top few places in the top division and the belt is only really going to go to one of them, while the rest of us battle it out in other divisions.

But that's great. That's actually the best thing about the competition. Someone might find that their natural position is in division 4 or so, and they can start to look at what people are doing in division 3 and division 2 and develop their skills to challenge those guys.

There is nothing worse that round 1 of the NAFL or IFA coming around and realising that your design is below par and you're not going to be competitive (see my Birmingham Bears in the IFA for an example). It made me put a lot of time and effort into doing better next time, and my Waikato Tigers in the NAFL are much improved both in quality and votes this season. I had to wait months between round 1 of the IFA and the 2014/15 NAFL starting to finally see my hard work pay off.

Not in the FJ&GD World Heavyweight Championship! If you take on some feedback and have a better idea, you can enter it a week later. Much like the LogoOTW competition, the most exciting thing about this competition for me is watching people improve, because they are able to take on feedback and rejig their designs and templates on a much quicker timescale.

It's inevitably going to be an English football league type scenario where a few ridiculously good heavy hitters hog the top few places in the top division and the belt is only really going to go to one of them, while the rest of us battle it out in other divisions.

But that's great. That's actually the best thing about the competition. Someone might find that their natural position is in division 4 or so, and they can start to look at what people are doing in division 3 and division 2 and develop their skills to challenge those guys.

There is nothing worse that round 1 of the NAFL or IFA coming around and realising that your design is below par and you're not going to be competitive (see my Birmingham Bears in the IFA for an example). It made me put a lot of time and effort into doing better next time, and my Waikato Tigers in the NAFL are much improved both in quality and votes this season. I had to wait months between round 1 of the IFA and the 2014/15 NAFL starting to finally see my hard work pay off.

Not in the FJ&GD World Heavyweight Championship! If you take on some feedback and have a better idea, you can enter it a week later. Much like the LogoOTW competition, the most exciting thing about this competition for me is watching people improve, because they are able to take on feedback and rejig their designs and templates on a much quicker timescale.
You did realise my comment was done in jest right? Haha.

Anyway that's why this is pretty much the only competition I've taken part in. I've wanted to design for ages but I knew my skills weren't that great. Because of this, I actually didn't have any motivation to get a design done to enter into competitions so I just resulted in sitting back and watching the board. At least now there is a competition where I can update my design each week and help improve my skills during said competition.

You did realise my comment was done in jest right? Haha.

Anyway that's why this is pretty much the only competition I've taken part in. I've wanted to design for ages but I knew my skills weren't that great. Because of this, I actually didn't have any motivation to get a design done to enter into competitions so I just resulted in sitting back and watching the board. At least now there is a competition where I can update my design each week and help improve my skills during said competition.

Your current Satans design would be competitive in the NAFL reserves. The IFA is going to have 2 divisions next season, and I strongly encourage you to bid, even if just for a lower div. The league style comps are a lot of fun and if you continue to update your entries and develop your skills in this comp you'll be more than ready when it comes time to design your IFA entry.

Your current Satans design would be competitive in the NAFL reserves. The IFA is going to have 2 divisions next season, and I strongly encourage you to bid, even if just for a lower div. The league style comps are a lot of fun and if you continue to update your entries and develop your skills in this comp you'll be more than ready when it comes time to design your IFA entry.
Sounds good. Might have to give it a shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe redo and add nostrils, and maybe a nose ring, if it doesn't look good with re done eyes, try with no eyes.
I was thinking of putting a nose ring in, but I figured it would have to be gold for it to work, and then it'd probably be too eye-catching.

Less than a day left for this sucka.

I work 3pm-11.30pm tomorrow so the next round of voting with updated divisions will be up either late Friday night or Saturday morning. If you want your entry to be in the next round, you'll need to meet that deadline.

I've spent all day building a stable. Forgot to sunscreen my calves. If I survive the next round will be up this arvo or tomorrow morning

Back