Competition FJGD World Cup 2018 - Hub Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

1 vote, that is how close group D was. Had Croatia earned 1 more vote, Argentina would have qualified and Iceland would have missed out, or both Argentina and Iceland would have tied on GD had Nigeria received 1 less vote.
The group of death lived up to its name. Fantastic effort by all designers.

Unfortunately sources have claimed that distraught Argentinian fans are now hunting down those responsible for stopping their nation from making it to the round of 16. Sources also say that the mobs are led by this man;

1530263820_02df3.jpg

As the person who created the design that ultimately determined who got through the Group of Death, can I also point out that I was 1 vote away from coming equal 27th overall instead of 30th
Unfortunately sources have claimed that distraught Argentinian fans are now hunting down those responsible for stopping their nation from making it to the round of 16.
I am now going to say that Argentina not getting through was because of less people voting and not because I got a goal that match.

1 vote, that is how close group D was. Had Croatia earned 1 more vote, Argentina would have qualified and Iceland would have missed out, or both Argentina and Iceland would have tied on GD had Nigeria received 1 less vote.
Same with my group, one more vote and I'm level on goal difference with Tunisia.

Final group standings, congrats to those moving on and commiserations to those who have missed out, particularly those on goal difference.
E57LGqZ.png

6aojLnZ.png
Did you use an official method of determining who came third and fourth. Or was it random? Group A was actually really closely contested between all teams even though the points suggest otherwise.

Also congats to everyone who got through. It’s good to see that freight train didn’t design the best shirt for once!!

Did you use an official method of determining who came third and fourth. Or was it random? Group A was actually really closely contested between all teams even though the points suggest otherwise.

Also congats to everyone who got through. It’s good to see that freight train didn’t design the best shirt for once!!
Yeah, goals for separated tied GD's. in groups A's case Egypt had 9 goals for to Russia's 8.

It’s good to see that freight train didn’t design the best shirt for once!!
That's debatable, I'd still back him as the favourite at this stage.

Have to wholeheartedly agree here.

Dylan8 for mine has the best - that Iceland away kit is an absolute thing of beauty. The way I see it, if Iceland wore it IRL, it would be spoken of as an all-time GOAT. Get around it, my dudes. Fancy, Scorch, BW and Scott all have strong entries as well, any of them could win it IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sine i've joined Big footy, I have always wondered what FJGD stands for. can someone help me out here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back