Think Tank 'Football’s Forgotten Years' - Respected former AFL commissioner COLIN CARTER launches his insightful book that looks to right the wrongs of this grea

Remove this Banner Ad

If your going to include all of the Vic leagues, why not other state leagues too?

I demand Fremantle's 10 WAFA premierships be included from 1887-98. They were so good they got split into South & East so other teams could have a chance. I will allow both of those clubs WAFL flags to be added too, which would make 29 + 14 + 10 = 53 flags for Fremantle.
Take it up with Colin 'the man' Carter. Asking for a +53 though is a bit much I think.

If your going to include all of the Vic leagues, why not other state leagues too?

I demand Fremantle's 10 WAFA premierships be included from 1887-98. They were so good they got split into South & East so other teams could have a chance. I will allow both of those clubs WAFL flags to be added too, which would make 29 + 14 + 10 = 53 flags for Fremantle.

Okay, they are in. And that should be the end of it. It's not like there is a club in another State that always bangs on about their suburban league premierships in an embarrassing quest for relevance.

I'm not surprised that there's a lot of plonkers protesting here about the accurate version of history. Most of them believe in fantasy and fairytales not only in history but in today's events. There's no accounting for morons I guess.

We know the facts, we know the history. 17 big ones.. fact

One of these 'flags' was won against a schoolboys team that was 5 players short due to exams and the crowd figure was 16 people 27 cows ,3 goats ,4 kangaroos and a bushranger.
Seven premierships in nine years, it honestly didn't matter who went up against us, the result would've been the same. That's how good we were.

VFA-1884.jpg

I wonder why the johnny-come-lately +0 Tiggies are getting worked up over this? This doesn't concern you or any of the other expansion minnows. This is a matter that is being discussed by FOUNDATION clubs, you know, the ones who actually have history that runs longer than five minutes.

Vacate. Now.
All clubs except Melbourne are expansion clubs;)

What year was the first Australian football competition held?

Image result for first australian football team and competition

In the winter of 1858 students from three Melbourne schools played against each other in several football games. These matches are believed to be the first organised games of Australian Rules football. In 1859 a set of rules was created and regular games began around Melbourne.

The first game

A match between Scotch and Melbourne Grammar schools was held on August 7, 1858. This is generally considered the first game of what we now call AFL (Australian Rules Football), though the rules for this match would have been rather crude.

Geelong always riding on someone's coat tails.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The PM must've went out, Tiggies are arriving en masse. Anyway, while other clubs are pulling up stories of historic racism and other forms of hideous abuse, here's Geelong reaching down the back of the couch and finding seven extra premierships.

The envy spreads.

49RfAsdx.jpg
Pictured: Flag number 17 for this famous foundation club.

The PM must've went out, Tiggies are arriving en masse. Anyway, while other clubs are pulling up stories of historic racism and other forms of hideous abuse, here's Geelong reaching down the back of the couch and finding seven extra premierships.

The envy spreads.

View attachment 1598514
Pictured: Flag number 17 for this famous foundation club.
79h5kr.jpg

200.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back