Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I mentioned it a while back but United would have to spend around £350m this window to fall foul of FFP. We've only spent about £150m. So we can probs go and buy Bonucci and Dybala for more melts and still be ok :D

I don't think this spending will last. We could do this every summer with ease if not for the Glazer campaigners. The Glazers will spend enough to get us back to the top and then will stop.
Probs a CB and RB if Darmian goes would be enough. Anything more is just gravy.

I think our business is done for this year. Reckon we'll spend stupid money on a worldy striker like Dybala next summer, maybe an RB if Darmo is shite again.

Depends on how Ibra goes but I think Rashford next season will be leading the line.

Well strap me to a pig and roll me in the mud. I'm shocked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37307621

Financial Fair Play (FFP) has created a bigger divide in football since its inception in 2012, according to economists at a university in Germany.

Uefa introduced FFP regulations with an aim to "improve the overall financial health of European club football".

Economists studied activity in England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain for a decade to determine FFP's impact.

Their study says barriers to investors prove a "disadvantage to smaller clubs" and create less competition.

"Uefa Financial Fair Play didn't reduce inequality between clubs, but rather increased it further," said Professor Christoph Kaserer, from the Technical University of Munich.

The study said FFP "solidifies existing hierarchies" as it does not allow financially weaker clubs to progress via means of investment.

"Investors can break up established structures and thus strengthen competition," added Dr Daniel Urban.

However, the study suggested steps taken by Uefa for the FFP period between 2015 and 2018 in order to help clubs experiencing financial upheaval were "a step in the right direction".

Have a real salary cap within each country and across UEFA as a whole, or don't have it at all.

Well strap me to a pig and roll me in the mud. I'm shocked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37307621
Obviously needs tweaking. What can't happen though are more City/Chelsea scenarios where you suddenly can outspend all your competitors simply because of the owners wealth. But in saying that they should be able to invest in their club also - so it's a tricky one.

Obviously needs tweaking. What can't happen though are more City/Chelsea scenarios where you suddenly can outspend all your competitors simply because of the owners wealth. But in saying that they should be able to invest in their club also - so it's a tricky one.

They need to start being honest about things. If it's about making sure there's an even competition then lets do it. Equalise champions league revenue and share it more between all clubs in the competing leagues. Don't restrict clubs from matching the spending of their competitors, that hardly makes for an even competition.

UEFA's problem was that they made out FFP was about protecting clubs, but when you look at the rules it had nothing to do with it. Debt wasn't a problem, neither was selling assets to fund transfers. Leeds, Portsmouth, Rangers all would have gone bust before they failed their first FFP if the rules were in place.

I'm not against the principle of financial controls, but one where Man United can spend more than everyone else, which helps them stay in the champions league, which helps them earn more than anyone else, which helps them spend more than everyone else, which helps them stay in the champions league etc etc is't good for anyone.

173107.jpg

:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd actually love to see some kind of luxury tax in the Premier League and have a percentage of the money go down the UK football pyramid.

I'd actually love to see some kind of luxury tax in the Premier League and have a percentage of the money go down the UK football pyramid.
Cutting champions league money and distributing it more evenly across premier league clubs and lower divisions could achieve this as well.

Big source of inequity at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back