Official 2023/2024 Uber Eats Ligue 1 / French football thread (On Bein Sports)

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends where it happened. Liverpool didn't face any punishment against us a few years ago cause it happened on the way to the stadium, not inside.

Looks like you're right. I'm paraphrasing the L'Équipe article: The Ligue 1 Disciplinary Committee has ruled that as the incident occurred away from the stadium, OM have no responsibility for the actions of those fans. Another media site, 20 Minutes, speculates that the replay will go ahead at the Vélodrome in front of fans.

Incidents OM-OL : la commission de discipline se déclare incompétente

La commission de discipline de la LFP ne prend aucune sanction contre l’OM

Lyon being relegated would be highly damaging to a club of its size.
I think it will depend on what kind of owner John Textor turns out to be. If he's a good owner, ie passionate about the club, wants success and is willing to spend money to get it, then I think they would bounce back up pretty quickly.

If he's a bad owner who just sees OL as an asset-rich investment, then I think you're probably right. Maybe suffer a similar fate to St Étienne, struggling to get out of Ligue 2, and then when they do, struggling to stay up.

Good night for Blueco with Strasbourg having a 3-1 win too. One loss(to PSG) in their last 9 games.

Yes, looking good.

There is unrest in the fanbase over the sale of Sels though. Should do a job at Forest, will be keeping an eye on him.

What do you make of Santos? Seem to do bugger all at Forest.

Is he a genuine future Chelsea player or just a Blueco investment to make a quick buck?

Yes, looking good.

There is unrest in the fanbase over the sale of Sels though. Should do a job at Forest, will be keeping an eye on him.

What do you make of Santos? Seem to do bugger all at Forest.

Is he a genuine future Chelsea player or just a Blueco investment to make a quick buck?
I guess it was Sels choice, not sure you can deny a stalwart the chance of a life time. The fans need to be realistic.

Santos is a gun(in under age footy internationally), he'll have the same impact as Gabriel imo. Hes part of Chelsea's long term planning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FC Nantes sliding down into the relegation zone. Owner Waldemar Kita's response of course is to change the manager again.
Number of managers Nantes has had since Kita bought the club in 2007 - 19! 19 managers in 16 years. There's your template on how to destroy a proud club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back