Premier Lg EPL Matchday 17 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not? This is a major problem with football in the UK and other nations. Losing referees at grass roots level due to abuse. If Dalot can do it, I can do it.
The problem is the inconsistency of the rule. From all accounts didn’t give yellows to other players for dissent in the same game, have seen the same thing happen many times before and have never seen two yellows issued.

No issue with it but the application is too random. Big name players seem to get away with more as well, remember Rooney operating by a different dissent rulebook than the rest of the league.

The problem is the inconsistency of the rule. From all accounts didn’t give yellows to other players for dissent in the same game, have seen the same thing happen many times before and have never seen two yellows issued.

No issue with it but the application is too random. Big name players seem to get away with more as well, remember Rooney operating by a different dissent rulebook than the rest of the league.

That’s the issue, he gives Dalot 2 yellows yet lets other players get away with it during the same game?

That’s the issue, he gives Dalot 2 yellows yet lets other players get away with it during the same game?

No two situations are the same. He could have verbally warned Dalot before during the game. And losing it over a throw in seems a good time to get tough on dissent. So other incidents are irrelevant here.

Put it this way - Dalot won't be doing the same thing again.

jod23 must feel reprieved (… or a bit pissed at the result haha), for telling everyone that we are getting ahead of ourselves in saying that Liverpool would win comfortably today.
Every game is tough in the EPL and add that to the fact that we've been getting results but not really playing well at all. We're not in our best form and that showed again against United. It's a disappointing result. Was a chance to go 6 clear of City after they dropped points but we just returned the favour.

Arsenal the big winner from the weekend.

But all still to play for.

What would you have done? Gone toe to toe with Liverpool and be open? Our last 2 games there we’ve lost 7-0 & 4-0, * that happening again. Our team is garbage and we’ve had a garbage season, getting a 0-0 is a win for us at Anfield which has been a tough place for us in recent times.

We’re nowhere near competing for the PL title or anywhere near being a finished product.
Liverpool sit back at City to get a draw and Klopp is a genius

No two situations are the same. He could have verbally warned Dalot before during the game. And losing it over a throw in seems a good time to get tough on dissent. So other incidents are irrelevant here.

Put it this way - Dalot won't be doing the same thing again.

Still, was quite harsh on Dalot, wasn’t worthy of 2 yellows, we want consistency.

When they were 7th on the ladder or when they were 1st and Liverpool 2nd?

Ignoring circumstances completely seems a bit silly. The issue with the performance is 1 point isn’t enough for when you are in the table spot you are .
Regardless of table position. A draw away at Liverpool is a good result regardless of the year. Always has been.

Credit for surrendering seems a odd call

This attitude just shows how far gone Man United actually are if you ask me. That was a disgusting performance and attitude towards the game.

Self preservation and gutless. No club will win anything being such cowards
Highest wage bill in the EPL and parking a bus like that is embarrassing. It is probably the only card they could play though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nearly halfway through the season and 1 point off top spot, only 1 loss all season, yet here I am thoroughly unconvinced by our title chances.

I realise I am comparing to two of the best teams in English football history, but we are miles off the standards set by the Liverpool/City sides of the last 5 years.

No issues with our defence. Midfield is functioning well but feels a bit unbalanced. Salah is doing an absolutely extraordinary job of making our attack look a lot better than it is. Still lacking cohesion. Nunez is still just an expensive Origi replacement for me. In a title challenging side he should be the impact sub, not starting every game.

Last edited:
Still, was quite harsh on Dalot, wasn’t worthy of 2 yellows, we want consistency.
And the Nunez thing from earlier definitely doesn’t paint Oliver in a good light in terms of consistent application.

He’s just not a very good referee at the best of times. Many better ones in the league.

And the Nunez thing from earlier definitely doesn’t paint Oliver in a good light in terms of consistent application.

He’s just not a very good referee at the best of times. Many better ones in the league.
He may not have seen it. Refs dont have eyes in the back of their heads ffs. Refs get blamed way too much for s**t with no care for mitigation.

The sad thing is I don't think there is

He may not have seen it. Refs dont have eyes in the back of their heads ffs. Refs get blamed way too much for s**t with no care for mitigation.
Don’t disagree at all.

People also make mistakes and it’s a subjective sport.

Again though for dissent to be stamped out it needs to be consistently applied. No issue with this instance if he does this consistently from this point forth.

United shouldn't be embarrassed be sitting back at Liverpool to get a draw, its a great result for them against a far superior side.

Lots of things they'll be embarrassed about this year and the last decade but this isn't one of them.

United shouldn't be embarrassed be sitting back at Liverpool to get a draw, its a great result for them against a far superior side.

Lots of things they'll be embarrassed about this year and the last decade but this isn't one of them.
It's the most unambitious United team I've ever seen come to Anfield though, probably ever. Dark times at United and long may they continue.

Club culture is more significant than 1 point in 1 game I think.

To me, the performance is culture altering in a way. I do think a weak Man U hurts the sport so I’m wanting then to rise and rise fast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back