Premier Lg EPL Matchday 17 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Club culture is more significant than 1 point in 1 game I think.

To me, the performance is culture altering in a way.

Going away to a better team and getting battered doesn't do much for club culture.

Clubs (including Liverpool) have played pragmatic football when required for decades.

I do think a weak Man U hurts the sport so I’m wanting then to rise and rise fast

I hope they're s**t for decades to come.

Going away to a better team and getting battered doesn't do much for club culture.

Clubs (including Liverpool) have played pragmatic football when required for decades.

I hope they're s**t for decades to come.
Accepting 7th and quitting the chase is much worse then taking the battering I think. Understand how people can have different views on that however.

Whilst United being good is probably good for football in UK, I just dont think it's gonna happen. They've been replaced.

Manchester is now Blue and I think it will be for the forseeable future.
Any club but Manchester United doing good is good for football in the UK. Bloody elites.

Yeah cos that makes sense. Can see it now

”Well I know it’s the final day and if we won today we would have stayed up but I’m stoked with that 0-0 draw. You take a point at Anfield any day of the week“
You have nfi.

I do think a weak Man U hurts the sport so I’m wanting then to rise and rise fast

Yeah nah I think they've mentally scarred us enough in that first 20 years of the prem that they can stay down a fair while longer.

Citys turn to do that now.

Not sure what shows the levels United have dropped the most.

• Jonny Evans starting at Anfield. When he was under SAF he was mostly depth, yet is playing for Utd at 35.
  • McTominay not only playing but wearing the armband.
  • Parking the bus vs Liverpool of all clubs.

First two points certainly do show the disastrous state of affairs currently. Our transfer business has been so poor that McTominay has gone from being a depth player to stand in captain and focal point of the attack over the course of a single season, without ever actually improving.

However, as Bojan says, a point at Anfield has always been a good result. Fergie used to regularly set teams up to play pretty negatively there, so parking the bus away against Liverpool is not exactly a new phenomenon.

Sounds like they are talking about Levi Casboult :D

Plenty of players have received yellows for being sarcastic (probably even from Oliver). Other times players have received yellows for poking the ball away, let alone booting it away like Nunez did in the very same incident. It seems like Oliver was only going to give the yellow for the challenge but shied away from giving one for the other two incidences, either of which have been given as a yellow on plenty of other occasions.

Fair enough if Oliver thought two yellows were warranted in the Dalot situation, on replay it looked like it was dissent twice. All I want is more consistency though.
Replay the match?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst United being good is probably good for football in UK, I just dont think it's gonna happen. They've been replaced.

Manchester is now Blue and I think it will be for the forseeable future.
Red star don’t seem to think so.

Easy to do when the score was 1-1 instead of one of the teams leading.

It's a bit of a gray area.

Law 7.5 says "An abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules or organisers determine otherwise."

What if a team was leading 5-0 with a minute to go? What about 2-0?

It's a bit of a gray area.

Law 7.5 says "An abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules or organisers determine otherwise."

What if a team was leading 5-0 with a minute to go? What about 2-0?
In the 60s we were 6-2 up against Luton (Denis Law all 6 goals) with about 20 minutes to go. The match got abandoned due to torrential rain.

We lost the replay 3-1, ha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back