Premier Lg EPL Matchday 27 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul Scholes summed it up. It's all very well United playing like that when they are ahead or the scores are level. But when they went behind they had no response. No plan B.
I don't even agree with that. City are good but man utd aren't so far behind on talent that they should park the bus like a league 2 team

Foden scored a wordie and the first 7 posts after the goal is about Rashford. We get it, it was a s**t dive but c’mon.

Lots of ‘breaking news’ about our style of play and how s**t we are in here as if it’s something new. We’ve been s**t for over 10 years and played s**t for about the same time too.

I don't even agree with that. City are good but man utd aren't so far behind on talent that they should park the bus like a league 2 team

I took it as an indictment on the coaching and tactics. A counter attacking strategy is fine but United had nothing to offer once City went ahead.

They look a long way from Champions League qualification which you would think is the minimum standard.

ETH doesn't think there is a huge gap between City and United. What was he watching?

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

Yeah, was gonna post those but that shows Nunez #1 and no one wants to read that!
Not even Klopp who started Gakpo ahead of him. Klopp is exhausted though apparently so I guess we give him a pass. You won't see Pep benching Haaland for the rest of the season. And Gakpoo wouldn't even get a game for City reserves.

Not even Klopp who started Gakpo ahead of him. Klopp is exhausted though apparently so I guess we give him a pass. You won't see Pep benching Haaland for the rest of the season. And Gakpoo wouldn't even get a game for City reserves.
Dare say he started ahead because Nunez was carrying a knock

Dare say he started ahead because Nunez was carrying a knock
Liverpool's entire season is defined by the City game next week. Nunez was given a set amount of minutes to get him ready as was Szoboszlai and Endo.

Nunez is streets ahead of Gapko.

Gapko is a nice player sometimes but he is missing something - he just does not have the presence to take control of games. Nunez might be unreliable with his finishing but he scares the s**t out of the opposition and generally causes complete chaos and mayhem.

I would suggest a slightly more diverse moderation subset. LFC x 2 and CFC.
A 4th member as someone from Everton, Villa, Hull, Wednesday, Leeds etc etc.

Trolls being allowed, or allowed back.
Far too much of players being rubbished prematurely, then continually despite that player improving.
While i agree with most of this it is hard to find posters who dont hold grudges or havent burnt a few bridges. Most posters asked dont want to do it. Feel free to DM me some names mate.

I cant speak for myself but i dont think it matters who RossFC and Sozabarus support, they are both quality posters and i guess thats why they ended up Mods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do wonder what the tipping point for Chelsea is where the pull of their name is outweighed by the onfield success players can have elsewhere. In saying that, players have moved to United and Liverpool in the past when those clubs were struggling so think it takes a while for the shine to come off.

I do wonder what the tipping point for Chelsea is where the pull of their name is outweighed by the onfield success players can have elsewhere. In saying that, players have moved to United and Liverpool in the past when those clubs were struggling so think it takes a while for the shine to come off.

Are they still handing out 8 year contracts? That long term security will be attractive even if it means a lower weekly wage.

While i agree with most of this it is hard to find posters who dont hold grudges or havent burnt a few bridges. Most posters asked dont want to do it. Feel free to DM me some names mate.

I cant speak for myself but i dont think it matters who RossFC and Sozabarus support, they are both quality posters and i guess thats why they ended up Mods.
Personally think the board was at it's best when there was a Leicester mod...

Of course, we did have GrandBlue, Faith and Wealdstone Raider at that time :tearsofjoy:

I don't think they offer massive wages right now they spread it out over 8 years.
That's the transfer fee not wages (and they can't even do the transfer fee any more).

Arsenal too.

They can still spread wages out over 8 years as opposed to 5. Player earns the same ultimately but less wages per week on the books.

I don't know what you mean by this. They can 'spread' wages over 8 years but that doesn't make a bit of a difference to FFP.. it's still the players taking a smaller wage. If your employer says they'll give you a lower wage each year but that it adds up to more if you stay with them longer than you expected, it's still a lower wage.

They can still spread wages out over 8 years as opposed to 5. Player earns the same ultimately but less wages per week on the books.
That's not really spending put wages. That's just paying a wage over the term of a contract.

I don't know what you mean by this. They can 'spread' wages over 8 years but that doesn't make a bit of a difference to FFP.. it's still the players taking a smaller wage. If your employer says they'll give you a lower wage each year but that it adds up to more if you stay with them longer than you expected, it's still a lower wage.

Of course it makes a difference.

You offer a player 65 million pounds over 8 years = 156k per week.

65 million pounds over 5 years = 250k per week.

The contract value is the same for the player but the weekly wage is spread over a longer period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back