Premier Lg EPL Matchday 17 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be more cards for dissent. But two ? Oliver didn’t just calm the situation and just give the yellow. He didn’t swear nor even threaten the ref, like so many do.
Yeah, have no problems with a yellow. But he should have talked to him, calmed him down and told him to pull his head in or he'd be off.

Why not? This is a major problem with football in the UK and other nations. Losing referees at grass roots level due to abuse. If Dalot can do it, I can do it.
He can make his statement with a yellow card. Would expect grass roots officials to have gotten the decision right in the first place anyway.

He’s horrid. Has no connection with Salah. He doesn’t fit
He's in a bad run of form but is up there for goals/assists per minute (11 from 10 starts in the PL) and nobody in the league has assisted each other more than Nunez/Salah. He's a frustrating player to watch though and the last few games he's had me tearing my hair out.

I feel like Diaz just doesn't cause havoc or create many dangerous situations, so he's a bigger red flag in the front 3.

Yeah, have no problems with a yellow. But he should have talked to him, calmed him down and told him to pull his head in or he'd be off.
I did find it funny at the time that he repeated the exact action that got him the yellow, upon receiving the yellow, but players do usually get away with that sort of thing.

Why not? This is a major problem with football in the UK and other nations. Losing referees at grass roots level due to abuse. If Dalot can do it, I can do it.
I agree with you but Oliver only needs to show one card there, pull him aside talk to him (and explain why he gave the throw to Liverpool when it clearly came off Salah, I mean, wtf) and then we carry on, stuation defused. But no. Oliver wants to be the big boy on the schoolground so acts like a pompous *******.

I agree with you but Oliver only needs to show one card there, pull him aside talk to him (and explain why he gave the throw to Liverpool when it clearly came off Salah, I mean, wtf) and then we carry on, stuation defused. But no. Oliver wants to be the big boy on the schoolground so acts like a pompous *******.
I mean he got a yellow card, surely Dalot has self responsibility not to keep going at the ref. When did Refs become school teachers?

Every ref is incompetent apparently and he'd do a better job
Did I say that?

Or did I say that I think a ref could have handled a situation in a game better?

Drama queen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you still moaning about refs in every second post lol
I'm sorry, I didn't realise we weren't allowed to talk about notable incidents in football matches any more.

4 behind Liverpool and 5 behind Arsenal not a bad place for us to be.

Particularly with them playing each other next week.

Need to get some form back though, and stop dropping points late in matches.

No problem as long as they’re consistent. If Dalot goes for that, why didn’t Nunez in the first half?

Nunez was more sarcastic, not abusive. But yes they need to be consistent. Bruno would play every 2nd game.

Plenty of players have received yellows for being sarcastic (probably even from Oliver). Other times players have received yellows for poking the ball away, let alone booting it away like Nunez did in the very same incident. It seems like Oliver was only going to give the yellow for the challenge but shied away from giving one for the other two incidences, either of which have been given as a yellow on plenty of other occasions.

Fair enough if Oliver thought two yellows were warranted in the Dalot situation, on replay it looked like it was dissent twice. All I want is more consistency though.

A clean sheet against Brighton (who I believe have scored in 33 consecutive PL matches) is an excellent result. The margin should’ve been more however 3 points banked with some favourable results in other matches as an added bonus. Lovely.

We’ve had a number of games where we play awful, then we concede first and it wakes us up and we bullshit our way to a win.

This time around there is no goal so we were asleep the whole game. Worst game of the season.

The Liverpool midfield were poor. I can't say I've been impressed by Endo or Gravenberch. Szoboszlai had a poor game by his standards. Even Trent was overhitting crosses. Things should improve when Mac Allister comes back but Liverpool should be looking to buy a quality midfielder.

DBAH0 Kudus does it again. What a signing.
Overtaken Doku as signing of the season for me. Reminds me alot of Mo Salah actually. He has that same shot power out of nowhere that takes keepers off guard. Speed he got from the shot he took for the 1st was immense from so little backlift. Left the keeper flat footed

If you are being legit, West Hams front 3 must be worth 250 mill really

Kudus (80) - Bowen (85) - Paqueta (85)

Now they just need to get that CB pairing sorted and a better manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Back