Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

A new FOOTYOLOGY PODCAST out now! Join RoCo & Rocket talking Adrian Dodoro's Dons list departure, Chris Scott's coaching, tributes to Ron Barassi & 'Cowboy' Neale, reviews of the Dees' & Power's seasons and two massive Prelim Final previews. A packed show!

I thought the appraisal of Port was very complimentary of Ken. Praised him for taking Port from 11th in 2022 to 3rd in 2023. Sounds good in insolation but omits the previous top four finishes in 2020 and2021. So, if he gets praise for the rise what did he get for the drop from 21 to 22.
I think the angst toward him from the Port fans is the glaring fact that he hasn't made a GF in the time he's been there. Which I understand is a near record in the league. How many other coaches are given a 10+ year career without at least a Grand Final appearance?

The Grand Final preview edition of the FOOTYOLOGY PODCAST is up & it's PACKED! Join RoCo & Rocket to break down the GF in fulsome, forensic detail. PLUS we review the years of Carlton & GWS, & talk Brownlow, North Melbourne draft compensation and Adem Yze.

A great AFL Grand Final deserves a great review, and in a special edition of the FOOTYOLOGY PODCAST, RoCo & Rocket break down the Collingwood v Brisbane clash moment by moment, quarter by quarter. Relive an epic as we tell you how it was won & why.

Nothing from RohanConnolly yet...

If footyology isn't on for 2024 I'm going to spew up.

Then after that me and Terry Wallace will come to East Malvern in person with a recording device and get things moving ...
I suppose there's nothing left for us to do but to trigger blues supporters and listen to them melting on fineys final siren

G'day BigFooty folk,

Rocket and I are back for 2024 with the same format, a comprehensive news wrap and preview of each game each week. We're kicking things off today with a big season preview, a forensic look at the prospects for each club this season. Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Rohan

Bloody great to have you back again for 2024

Listening now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys,

This week, we talk Jimmy Webster's suspension & Alastair Clarkson's 'potty' mouth, the concept of 'Round Zero' or 'Opening Round', & analyse the games kicking off the new football year. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Rohan

Thought I'd listen to this for the first time in maybe almost 2 years... It's just unlistenable. Rocket suggesting Clarkson should cop a 50k fine for his comment, and Rowoko backing up calling it a homophobic slur.. I mean really?

Not going to make a habit of this, but seriously The Dice Man if you're going to call something unlistenable because someone (in this case Rocket) has one opinion with which you don't agree in the course of a one-hour podcast, you're going to be spending a lot of your time unhappy with what's on offer.

Just FYI, as it appears you haven't been taking in discussion about it, Rocket calling for a fine was actually a lot less than other commentators (like Robbo, Sam McClure etc) who wanted him suspended. As for what I said, the whole discussion began with me talking about grappling with the idea that it was homophobic, with which i was struggling. I'm pretty confident Clarko didn't mean it in a homophobic sense.

So look, by all means have a crack, but at least do it having accurately portrayed what actually happened.

Cheers,
Rohan

Thought I'd listen to this for the first time in maybe almost 2 years... It's just unlistenable. Rocket suggesting Clarkson should cop a 50k fine for his comment, and Rowoko backing up calling it a homophobic slur.. I mean really?
Yes really.

It's a professional sport with huge cultural ramifications and they receive huge amounts of government funding.

Clarkson makes a million $ a year and his actions and conduct impacts lower codes at suburban level. You can't have it both ways. You want big money? Then ******* act like a professional.

A $50,000 fine is very light for what was clearly a criminal offence and for which he is paid to be a role model.

Rocket was bang on and you are out of line.

Go and listen to Sam Newman. You are his audience.

Clarkson is very lucky is he isn't facing Moorabbin Magistrate's Court.

He needs to stop being a criminal *******. He's got away with obvious crimes for too long.

It's obvious you see everything through the lens of "pc has gone mad".

Last edited:
Clarkson: "This has been a significant reflective moment for me. My language was not used with any intent to vilify or marginalise, however through this incident I have begun to understand the impact of the use of casual language."

With so much Clarko reflection over the years, we are all going to go blind!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back