for everyone who doesn't like hiphop...

Waht did you think of ozomatli - Cut Chemist Suite?

• Liked it!

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Was ok

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • That sucked

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

rick James

Cancelled
Suspended
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 8, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Can you please tell me what you thought of this song?

I only want opinions from people who watch it

Found myself going thru a range of emotions listening to this....1st 20 seconds had me sticking my finger down my throat. I fukcing despise the drum machine groove with the gay scratching sh*t over the top. Horrible. Then it got GOOD. Dug the bassline and when the brass section kicked in, and I was thinking to myself 'this is more funk than hip-hop', and I LOVE organic funk.
Unfortunately, 1'15" rolled around, and lead 'vocals' came in. Words can't describe my disgust at the 'rapping' style of vocals. Tuneless, melody-free shyte. The whole thing would have been INFINITELY better as an instrumental. Apalling.
To summarise: for the overall groove, feel, funk and the brass section: 7/10
Intro, vocals: -1,000,000/10.

I voted 'was ok' - would have liked it except for the scratching...I'm not a big fan of it but otherwise a pretty cool song.

Tell me rJ, out of curiosity, what is the lyrical content of that song? Drugs, guns, booze, hoes etc or something different? Not being familiar with hiphop I can't really understand any of the lyrics nor take the time to try:cool:

Have been an "Ozomatli" fan before you were out of primary school my boy ... (Byron Bay blues fest)

have had another one win me over ... what do you think of "Macromantics" Rick ? (Complete with cameo from my boy Sage Francis :thumbsu: :D )

• Banned
I voted 'was ok' - would have liked it except for the scratching...I'm not a big fan of it but otherwise a pretty cool song.

Tell me rJ, out of curiosity, what is the lyrical content of that song? Drugs, guns, booze, hoes etc or something different? Not being familiar with hiphop I can't really understand any of the lyrics nor take the time to try:cool:

LOL it ragnes but it ain't about drugs or guns, it's about partying

hay RJ are you a fan of the game?? and if so have you bought his new cd and what do u think of it?? i wanna know whether to get it or not, coz i luved the cd the documentary.. i'm kinda a 80% rock 20% hip hop man

Found myself going thru a range of emotions listening to this....1st 20 seconds had me sticking my finger down my throat. I fukcing despise the drum machine groove with the gay scratching sh*t over the top. Horrible. Then it got GOOD. Dug the bassline and when the brass section kicked in, and I was thinking to myself 'this is more funk than hip-hop', and I LOVE organic funk.
Unfortunately, 1'15" rolled around, and lead 'vocals' came in. Words can't describe my disgust at the 'rapping' style of vocals. Tuneless, melody-free shyte. The whole thing would have been INFINITELY better as an instrumental. Apalling.
To summarise: for the overall groove, feel, funk and the brass section: 7/10
Intro, vocals: -1,000,000/10.

I appreciate you l;istening to it, cause i know you aint a big fan - so thanks.

But i will say this: the lyrics and vocals in hiphop aren't meant to be melodic neccessarily, they are meant to be the rhythm.

this is the main thing everyone doesnt realise, they keep searching for a rhythem section amongst the bass and vocals, but the reality is the rhythm is the vocals. . .

Hate hip hop, but wasnt bad, have heard a lot worse. Speakin of shyte, that snoop dog and akon song i wanna ******** you is an absolute piece of ********, and why anybody would listen to that is beyond me especially a female, because it is so degrading to them. Point being, its crap like that, that turn people off of hip hop because thats what is "cool" to listen to in the mainstream, and instead the good stuff isn't known of so large groups of people wont give it a shot based on the crap that the masses listen too

Hate hip hop, but wasnt bad, have heard a lot worse. Speakin of shyte, that snoop dog and akon song i wanna ******** you is an absolute piece of ********, and why anybody would listen to that is beyond me especially a female, because it is so degrading to them. Point being, its crap like that, that turn people off of hip hop because thats what is "cool" to listen to in the mainstream, and instead the good stuff isn't known of so large groups of people wont give it a shot based on the crap that the masses listen too

Mainstream rock sucks arse as well.... the only point I'm trying to make is that not ONE person has said they outright hate everything about this song - yet its hiphop, I'm just trying to point out that when someoine says they love hiphop - it can many things, just like when someone says they like rock.

And there is GOOD hiphop out there, it's just harder to find than 50 cent.

Mainstream rock sucks arse as well.... the only point I'm trying to make is that not ONE person has said they outright hate everything about this song - yet its hiphop, I'm just trying to point out that when someoine says they love hiphop - it can many things, just like when someone says they like rock.

And there is GOOD hiphop out there, it's just harder to find than 50 cent.

so true, most mainstream music sucks arse really, and I'm upgrading my opinion of this song from not bad, to good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scratch scratch rap vocals sooooooooooo generic. What a waste of a competent rhythm section. Wouldn't buy it but it would probably go down well live with a few coldies. 5 out of ten for mine.

Scratch scratch rap vocals sooooooooooo generic. What a waste of a competent rhythm section. Wouldn't buy it but it would probably go down well live with a few coldies. 5 out of ten for mine.

Nah, I would say that was a little bit different to the generic crap out there, I actually enjoyed it, it was different in a good way to most of the other crap out there

it's a pretty old song anyway - the rapper is Chali 2na from Jurassic5

But there's a good "party" Hiphop culture going (real hiphop when you think about it) alwyas has been and always will be.

It just won't get played on the radio

LOL it ragnes but it ain't about drugs or guns, it's about partying

Well I dig:thumbsu:

I can only really listen to hiphop when drinking anyway. Mind you this is only because me and my idiot friends make up our own stupid and offensive lyrics to popular hiphop and sing them extremely loud. It's very enjoyable:D

Its Barney Miller music with the word, "Party" pasted into it all due to the brilliance of the digital era.

Back