Forensic analysis: What changed when Mark Neeld was sacked??

Remove this Banner Ad

First and foremost the attitude changed, That sacking woke a lot of people up, Most of the organization was at fault for his sacking, Admin, coaches and playing group.

These last 3 months the players started talking about having genuine care for each other, That wasn't there early in the season, It's obvious now.

Credit to all for turning it all around, No excuses next season.

The one thing that didn’t change was our appalling MCG record - 0-3 before we sacked Neeld and 1-4 after :drunk:
We won 5 out of 7 MCG games last year. A strange turn around.

Agree that it was a lot of things rather than one (poor Neeldy) on the field I thought these changes were noticeable over the second half of the year...
- Hurley and BJ looking to combine with Mckenna and (particularly) Saad more when coming out of defence. Over the start of the year we were far too predictable out of defence imo
- Playing an extra big midfielder. Earlier in the year the match committee refused to play Myers and Langford together. I don't think it's a coincidence that we were much better through the middle when our personnel was more balanced
- Intensity without the ball
- Not having a focal point of our forwardline who couldn't run or jump because he was injured

First and foremost the attitude changed, That sacking woke a lot of people up, Most of the organization was at fault for his sacking, Admin, coaches and playing group.

These last 3 months the players started talking about having genuine care for each other, That wasn't there early in the season, It's obvious now.

Credit to all for turning it all around, No excuses next season.
And the attitude change was seen via a huge change in the following:
- Contested ball
- Much improved disposal effectiveness
- higher tackle differential

And that’s it in a nutshell.

tenor.gif

Nah, Woosha s**t himself, thought he could be next, pulled his finger out of his arse and listened to what we were all saying, end of story.

The one thing that didn’t change was our appalling MCG record - 0-3 before we sacked Neeld and 1-4 after :drunk:

Anoying thing about our team is it never clicks all together.

We have one year where we were good at the MCG then another where we have a good travel record ie 2018 but s**t MCG record. I long for the day where we are good on the road,good at the G and good at smashing lower teams

Anoying thing about our team is it never clicks all together.

We have one year where we were good at the MCG then another where we have a good travel record ie 2018 but s**t MCG record. I long for the day where we are good on the road,good at the G and good at smashing lower teams
And being good at the ‘G by default means we get to roll favourite teams like Collingwood, Richmond, Carlton and Hawthorn :grinning: . Reading the above is starting to feel like 2000 all over again :blush:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back