Forget other thread - download FF update list here

Remove this Banner Ad

Lonie_from_50 said:
Okay, I am going to download it again, and try.

For memory, I deleted him from the Tables > Ratings. Is that all u have to do?

I imported the roster first.

Then went to lists/whatever you inported it as/magpies. In that folder i deleted the player file 'heriter o'brien'. Also delete his name from the 4 text files in that same folder and it works. At least it has for me.

Yes, you did. I think I get where you are coming from. I re-rated every player, every contract, repaired the littany of errors and made the game realistically playable, notwithstanding the structural problems with the actual game.

okay this is relating to a few posts here, but i got everything working.

just a few things i noticed though:

Started a season and the 1st few games of the round have been played and these are the scores thus far:

Blues 36
Demons 175

Lions 143
Bulldogs 52

Saints 98
Bombers 94

Swans 166
Tigers 77

I dunno whether this is tying in to what Otis David has mentioned with some players being too high (not directly relating to what he is saying, but i think this may highlight some sorta of gap). Then again this could be a one off thing in my game :D

Also, with the ratings if i may add, some seem a little high for some players ....

I've had a look through WCE's and:
Andrew Embley 88 overall
Andrew McDougall 70 overall
Ash Hansen 73 overall
Ash Sampi 79 overall
Beau Waters 79 overall
Ben Cousins 89 overall
Brad Smith 67 overall
Breant Staker 69 overall
Chad Fletcher 85 overall
Chris Judd 96 overall
Daniel Kerr 86 overall
Darren Glass 81 overall
David Wirrpunda 90 overall
Dean Cox 81 overall
Drew Banfiled 77 overall
Michael Braun 84 overall
Michael Gardiner 85 overall
Phil Matera 81 overall
Quinten Lynch 71 overall
Tyson Stenglein 84 overall
and and already breaching the salary cap.

I'm not saying all those players are duds and i know its real easy to edit it, but i also see this being a future problem perhaps.

Not complaining, just highlighting a few potential problems. Really grateful to all who chippped in to make this file. Thanks :)

Played a season as Essendon And lost the GF by 10 goals to WCE without Fletcher/Bradley/Zantuck/Welsh from my PF team

Ladder was something like
WCE
ESS
SYD
Melb
Gee
Bris
Port
Saints

Crows.

season 1 was a wce-gee final with wce thrashing gee
season 2 was a wce-saints final with saints winning by 5 goals
season 3 was a saints-gee final with saints by 7 goals

season 1 top 4 was
gee
wce
dees
saints

season 2
saints
gee
dockers
wce

season 3
saints
dockers
wce
gee

seems pretty balanced to me..

Playing as the Bulldogs, without doing any trades, using long kicking, a 100/0/0/0/0 Full Forward and a stack of Goal Attacking players:

Season 1: Eagles win Premiership, Demons runners-up. Bulldogs finish top of the ladder, Eagles, Power, Swans, Lions, Demons, Crows and Bombers rounding out the 8.
Brownlow: Yze :p

Season 2: Bulldogs win Premiership, Eagles runners-up. Bulldogs finish top of the ladder, Eagles, Cats, Demons, Power, Dockers, Bombers and Swans round out the 8.
Brownlow: Nick Stevens...

Season 3: Bulldogs win Premiership, Tigers runners-up. Bulldogs finish top of the ladder, Tigers, Cats, Power, Lions, Eagles, Blues, Dockers round out the 8.
Brownlow: Brad Green, Jesse Wells (My Full-Forward), QUINTEN LYNCH!!!

Looking at those results, it does look pretty accurate. Hawks probably a bit stiff to be sitting in the bottom 3 for 3 seasons straight, Kangaroos doing almost as bad, Magpies too.
One problem was the huge amount of un-signed players between seasons 2 and 3. In the draft there was about 30 or so very good AFL players that could be drafted. I got myself N. Ablett, Roughead, Q. Lynch and Wood :eek:
Also, Coughlan was a gun in season 3, even beating Cooney when I put them on eachother.

So good job :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

go into the lists/magpies folder, delete his file (each player has a file) - make sure it is the one with the apostrophe (O'Brien) and then in the same folder, open all the text files and delete his name from each of them and press backspace to clear the gap. There are four text files, one won't have anything in it, so don't worry about that one. Apparently, there is a way of deleting him by using Microsoft Access, but my version can't open the appropriate databases for whatever reason.

Re: the coaches - I forgot to edit them, might re-release an update and change a few things, because a lot has changed since I started.

im currently editin it a bit, just some of the players attributes etc direct from the access file. like jonothan brown overall from 89 to 94 also lindsay gilbees overall up from only 72. some others like dat

why doesnt someone just save the file that actually works and upload it to that same website so that ppl dont have to delete the file every time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back