Coaching Staff Former Coach James Hird

Do you think Hird should coach Essendon again?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If they want to release the pressure, just do a ****ing legitimate external review, conduct a proper process and we can wear the result.
And give up their cushy seats/jobs?

You're cute when you joke.

If they want to release the pressure, just do a ****ing legitimate external review, conduct a proper process and we can wear the result.
Amen.

I still can't fathom that he'd put his hand up after the impact the saga had on him and his family. An assistant/development type role for another club seems perfect for him so he can stay involved in the game without being under scrutiny.

I love him but not for us, even in an assistant capacity, until we really get our s**t together.

I don't think Hird would comeback as head coach, probably wouldn't want to put himself in that situation.

Maybe he would be happy as assistant? I'm not sure

This club is the place where sense and reason go to die.

Love Hird, great guy, great champion, may still achieve the ultimate coaching success, but I can't see how he could come back. Coaches rarely get a second go at a club anyway, not to mention all the other factors. David Parkin is the only one that comes to mind.

I don't think Hird would comeback as head coach, probably wouldn't want to put himself in that situation.

Maybe he would be happy as assistant? I'm not sure
There's no way Hird could be an assistant to Essendon. Every time there's a poor perfomarnce, any time anything doesn't go exactly right there'd be rumors about how Hird is about to take over. The head coach would be under the most absurd amount of perceived pressure every single day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Hird returning as coach could be an all time low for a football club that has done some pretty awful things to it’s fans, players and stakeholders

Surely they’re not even considering it?

There's no way Hird could be an assistant to Essendon. Every time there's a poor perfomarnce, any time anything doesn't go exactly right there'd be rumors about how Hird is about to take over. The head coach would be under the most absurd amount of perceived pressure every single day

Yep, couldn't possibly work.

& the insane scrutiny alone were he to be appointed head coach here again, I honestly cant see why he would ever seriously consider it.

Go be an assistant somewhere for a few more years & if a vacancy then comes up & he's right for it, go for it. But not here, ever.

Yes but not at Essendon.

Hirdy could be considered for a board seat or a football department role.
The optimist in me says Hirdy would be great at a top level job, and that you learn the most from adversity...
The pessimist in me says someone with the proven level of judgment to allow the supplements saga to occur under his watch is not suited to a board role.

What is the issue with Hird:

- that it's embarrassing that we'd go back to that well because of the history (and don't bother answering if you fell for the propaganda and believe Hird had any responsibility for the supplements program); or

- that we don't think he was or would be a good coach that can get buy in from his players?

It would be embarrassing, I suppose, but are we just proposing going through a process for the sake of going through a process?

Have you fallen for the spin to think that North has gone through a process? They've spent a month with the guy they head hunted for the same reason we did. How do they know he's the best fit when they haven't spoken to anyone else?

Do we need a process to tell is that Lyon, who has indicated he doesn't want to coach, is the only guy left with the gravitas to move the team forward? If it doesn't tell us that it was the wrong process.

This is not a football knowledge issue. This is about putting someone in place whose influence can quell the factions and who the football department will listen to.

The only actual negative I care about when it comes to Hird is that he is a fan of Dodoro.

Again media running with a story before any actual evidence. They’re just presuming hird would want to come back and be a senior coach at essendon because it creates headlines. Would love him to come out and say under no circumstances would I ever be coaching essendon again.

Head coach Hird midfield spike backline Solomon forward line Cara boom flags

I may have gone crazy
900d5b5f-dc93-4c38-acc0-f0363589d421_text.gif

Again media running with a story before any actual evidence. They’re just presuming hird would want to come back and be a senior coach at essendon because it creates headlines. Would love him to come out and say under no circumstances would I ever be coaching essendon again.
Agree although it is Mark Robinsons dream so it somehow gains traction.
If we can not find an ideal senior coach we will need a good director of coaching.

Agree although it is Mark Robinsons dream so it somehow gains traction.
If we can not find an ideal senior coach we will need a good director of coaching.
It’s like the gws thing though, apparently he was gunning for Cameron’s job. When hird was only there on a part time basis. They just know how well he generates clicks.

Back