Formula 1 - Round 5 Monaco (28th May)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok. I won't listen to the Team Principal of Red Bull and the ex Head Engineer of Williams.

I'll listen to you instead.
We don't actually know if Kimi was driving to a plan or whether he was that slow, and neither do they.

The fact ADR could match Kimi and even best him in clear air suggests he was slow but given Kimi's response I reckon he was driving to a plan.

Doesn't really matter, we all know Ferrari do that stuff and it's not against the rules.

We don't actually know if Kimi was driving to a plan or whether he was that slow, and neither do they.

The fact ADR could match Kimi and even best him in clear air suggests he was slow but given Kimi's response I reckon he was driving to a plan.

Doesn't really matter, we all know Ferrari do that stuff and it's not against the rules.
All teams do or have done that stuff at some point. Remember Bottas backing up Vettel to protect Hamilton previously? Everybody acknowledged that it was team orders except Crofty of course, who was defiant in his delusion. Ted Kravitz (Sky pit reporter) even called him out on it heavily, but Crofty couldn't be swayed. This is what I don't like. The commentator ignoring and denying it when it involves his favourite driver's team, but going on a 30 minute tirade when the rivals do it. Stupidity.

Whats with all the teeth gnashing seemingly going on about Vettel being the number 1 driver? That would have been obvious I would have thought, and even though I love Kimi, Seb has proven how good a driver he is.

Same s**t different race. I get it that they are English and cheer for British drivers, but they're bias is as obvious and annoying as a fat red pimple on your bum. Which would be fine, as long as they didn't deny it in the mocking and dismissive way that they do.

Amateur hour.
Did you watch wsbk in the 90s?

Keith Huewen and Julian Ryder over Carl Fogarty? Bloody hell!

Ferrari put kimi out into lapped traffic knowing it would give seb enough of an advantage to take the lead, everyone should understand that.
I don't think many are debating whether or not they did it deliberately, but rather if its morally or even ethically the right thing to do.
I can see both sides of it, and at the end of the day the teams are able to whatever they want in terms of strategy. If Kimi wasn't 62 points behind his team-mate this early in the season, it might have gone differently

If it was so obvious it was an overcut track why are people not saying red bull deliberately got Ricciardi ahead of Verstappen. Or why did mercedes react to cover off the non existent undercut which then meant Bottas lost out as well. Each of the top 3 teams cost one of their drivers badly by either trying or reacting to the undercut, but only Ferrari did it deliberately?

I reckon its more a dropped lip response with Kimi's pace relative to Daniel. Montoya did the same in France 2003 when he couldn't get ahead of Ralf so dropped his pace in the final stint.

If it was so obvious it was an overcut track why are people not saying red bull deliberately got Ricciardi ahead of Verstappen. Or why did mercedes react to cover off the non existent undercut which then meant Bottas lost out as well. Each of the top 3 teams cost one of their drivers badly by either trying or reacting to the undercut, but only Ferrari did it deliberately?
It wasn't an overcut track, it was a typical new tires are better but can't get the lap time if they are busy with lapped cars. You lose more time at Monaco then any other track overtaking lapped traffic.

Verstappen was the only one who tried the undercut on Bottas and if Bottas didn't respond by the next lap he would have got him, Dan just got the advantage from them both committing and being caught behind slow cars, either way for Bottas once Max pits he reacts and finishes 4th to Dan or doesn't and finishes 4th to Max.

It wasn't an overcut track, it was a typical new tires are better but can't get the lap time if they are busy with lapped cars. You lose more time at Monaco then any other track overtaking lapped traffic.

Verstappen was the only one who tried the undercut on Bottas and if Bottas didn't respond by the next lap he would have got him, Dan just got the advantage from them both committing and being caught behind slow cars, either way for Bottas once Max pits he reacts and finishes 4th to Dan or doesn't and finishes 4th to Max.
What compounded the issue was the fact that all weekend the Mercedes had struggled getting pace into the tyres early on. So not only did Bottas and Verstappen have to deal with traffic, Bottas was considerably more slow on his out laps getting the tyres to work as they should.

Its why Ricciardo had a pretty significant advantage once he had pitted

What compounded the issue was the fact that all weekend the Mercedes had struggled getting pace into the tyres early on. So not only did Bottas and Verstappen have to deal with traffic, Bottas was considerably more slow on his out laps getting the tyres to work as they should.

Its why Ricciardo had a pretty significant advantage once he had pitted
Ricciardo obviously also "turned it up" in those few laps too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back