News Forum Upgrade Feb 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

On Saturday 24th we started a large upgrade.

If you experience any large issues beyond layout and navigation, please let us know.

Known Issues:

Inserting an image into a post causes the page to jump to the top of the site.
Temporary fix: tap a key to jump back to the reply box.

A couple of internal things are still outstanding.

Fixed Issues

Fixed: EMAIL
from the BF system is offline. New user confirmations, email address change confirmations, password resets and 2-Step authentication using email will not work until this is fixed.

Contact support@bigfooty.com if you need help logging in or confirming a new account or email change.

Fixed: BigCricket.com is offline right now. We will return it to service and upgrade software soon as we can.

Fixed: The Light Bulb icon for switching between dark and light SHOULD be available on your phone in landscape now.

Thanks,
Chief

Last edited:

• Admin
Known issue when pasting images into a reply box:

Browser scrolls up to the top.

Hopefully it's fixed soon.

• Admin
Today I am moving to the updated version of the new theme.

One issue I can see is that the logo is tiny. This should be a simple fix.

There is another styling problem with a few notices. I'll see what that is about.

I believe I have gotten the font sizes correct, but let me know if anything is off.

I've changed clickable buttons like Post Reply to a rounded style. They are better differentiated from other elements on the page.

Today I am moving to the updated version of the new theme.

One issue I can see is that the logo is tiny. This should be a simple fix.

There is another styling problem with a few notices. I'll see what that is about.

I believe I have gotten the font sizes correct, but let me know if anything is off.

I've changed clickable buttons like Post Reply to a rounded style. They are better differentiated from other elements on the page.
Screenshot 2024-03-31 184338.png

Large search box and then the clickable magnifying glass we've always had.

Aaaggghhhhhh!!!!

Where's my dark mode gone?
Forum style has been updated. Just revert to Dark as you did before.

1711872441560.png

(on mobile you may need to rotate your phone to landscape to see the lightbulb icon)

or open the 1711872470368.png nav at the top right and

1711872383155.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chief I can't click on "forum" to see the whole forum when in a thread anymore. I can only go back to the forum of the thread I'm in.
Ah - breadcrumbs. Click the logo for now. I will work that one out.

On alerts, there's now no easy method to click 'mark as read' from the drop box on individual alerts

Clicking the 'mark as read' option down the bottom marks all alerts as read and isn't necessarily helpful if trying to work through alerts

The dot on the right marks read.

View attachment 1945633

It's opening up as a link though, and asks for confirmation of 'mark read' - previously it would just mark read from the alerts drop down and you could keep going.

Seems an unnecessary extra step

1711875094627.png

It's opening up as a link though, and asks for confirmation of 'mark read' - previously it would just mark read from the alerts drop down and you could keep going.

Seems an unnecessary extra step

View attachment 1945645
I have found a setting that seems to be broken.

I have reverted it and it looks like this behaviour is fixed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back