Freo robbed !!! Ball was clearly touched. AFL media trying to cover up the obvious umpire error

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL. God WA is a joke.

Putting aside the fact it looks like something from the early 2000s and I now have nostalgia for SoFresh CDs, what are people supposed to be supporting exactly?

Serial abusing umpires?

Putting aside the fact it looks like something from the early 2000s and I now have nostalgia for SoFresh CDs, what are people supposed to be supporting exactly?

Serial abusing umpires?
Looks like a footy card from a packet of salt and vinegar Smiths.

Serial abusing umpires?

Best not to think too deeply about the reasons why people in WA do the things they do, I know they don't. Must be a slow day in the mines today.

"You ******* idiot" apparently.
Has anyone confirmed what was said to the umpire for the dessent penalty?

Was it swearing and abuse?

Or was it "You just cost us the game".

THAT's what needs to be clarified. Because if it was as soft as saying ''you just cost us the game'' the umpire needs to be dropped. And the others told to sprinkle some concrete on their cornflakes and toughen the **** up.
"******* Idiot Jordy"

The timing was irrelevant?

We wouldn't be having this discussion if that was remotely true.

And you were only in front because of a joke of a free given in front of goal to Amiss I believe it was.

See how we can pick out specific moments that gave a team an advantage they might not have deserved?

“Here’s an angle that no umpire could have seen….” …proceeds to melt about the umpires not seeing it.

Classic Chewy.

And you were only in front because of a joke of a free given in front of goal to Amiss I believe it was.

See how we can pick out specific moments that gave a team an advantage they might not have deserved?
I addressed this in my post. Maybe go back and read it?

TLDR - I don't give a flying fk about the free kick - I would have paid it myself - but no sane man would think the timing of it was irrelevant to this discussion.

I addressed this in my post. Maybe go back and read it?

TLDR - I don't give a flying fk about the free kick - I would have paid it myself - but no sane man would think the timing of it was irrelevant to this discussion.

All goals count. So when they occur is irrelevant.

They are all worth the same amount at the start or the end of the game.

Some people can only operate in a small window of recency bias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backchat Footycast podcast reporting today that the closest umpire to the kick actually called 'touched, play on' and the other umpire called a mark.

With 1 minute to go in a tight contest you'd think the umpires would be able to sort it out with a quick discussion
Several people have made this claim now, but nobody has provided the evidence.

If it’s actually true, then it’s a terrible piece of umpiring, the fact nobody has any actual evidence of the claim suggests it’s probably not.

As for Clark, can someone watch the play and tell me what reason he could possibly have had for calling himself a “******* idiot”? He did nothing wrong, and just happened to be walking in the vicinity of the umpire when he had a random bout of Tourette’s?

Likely story

All goals count. So when they occur is irrelevant.

They are all worth the same amount at the start or the end of the game.

Some people can only operate in a small window of recency bias.
Sorry, I haven't explained it properly which has caused some confusion.

I'm not talking about some goals counting and not others.

In the context of this discussion (ie this thread) the timing of the free kick is relevant.

Best not to think too deeply about the reasons why people in WA do the things they do, I know they don't. Must be a slow day in the mines today.
The West Australian newspaper is no longer a serious "News" paper and hasn't been for a while. Its all about the shock headlines and gimmicks.

A bit like the Sun newspaper in the UK minus the page 3 girls.

The umpire should’ve called play on. Then they should paid too high to Cottrell. Brayshaw going in with a dangerous forearm to the chin in the last minute of a game is very undisciplined.

Swearing about yourself in third person in a moment like that doesn't sound remotely natural. What a load of absolute rot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back