Friday Night Wine for Friday Night Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2006
In the Clique.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Up here in Brisbane the only way to watch the Footy is to subscribe to Foxtel and watch a delayed telecast at 9.30.

I missed the first 1/4 due to the other half watching some show on th e ABC but got to sit down to watch the rest of the game with a bottle of 2004 Girt By Sea Cab Merlot. $20 with a stelvin cap. As someone said once "there ain't no bad wines around here". They may well have been speaking about Voyger Estate. IMO this is a value wine at the price. Lighter style than the usual Margy river big bold cabernets and I actually associate those capsicum/peper aromas with Margy River Cabernets but this is not in that style. A very approachable drink now wine that I think would suit in the Brisbane spring sitting on the back deck. Plumy nose with pencil oak. blackcurrant hints. Palette matchs the nose with very soft tannin and acid with a good finish. A fine wine that will recieve a very good 84/100.

And the game. Error ridden that showed why both teams are where they are on the ladder but entertaining none the less. I always like to watch the Roos as I think Wells is great to watch but other than some flashes he was not to be seen as much as I would liked. Harvey and Thompson where good for the Roos and Stanton for the Bombers. I gave the game a harsh 74/100:).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back