Fixture Full 2024 AFL fixture released. News and leaks.

Remove this Banner Ad

With gather round extra AO game for port and crows they really should have to play in alice or darwin as home team getting it back to 11 at AO each.
Same for when gather round moves to nsw or wa or qld down the track.
It's 50/50 access to fans.

Better access to Melbourne/Essendon fans in Gather Rd than what Gold Coast fans will get at the Grand Final.

F-4WDuqa0AAdTYG

Essendon Hawthorn Round 1 again. 3rd time in 4 years.

F-4WDuqa0AAdTYG

The AFL definitely thinking outside of the box for match-ups (again).

Probably was coming though given Marvel will be out of used for “Round 1”, but pretty annoying still to have another same match-up in the first round of the competition.

Just count how many games Adelaide had at Adelaide Oval in 2023.
You had 13 games at Adelaide Oval, and only 2 were against Port Adelaide, which means the other 11 are games where enough get a true home ground advantage.

All im saying is that your club isn't as hard done by as you think they are, as they have fixture advantages and disadvantages like every club in the whole league. Yes its sucks that you have to travel a fair bit, but you also have it pretty good at Adelaide oval to the point where it evens up.

I'm gonna leave it there mate because you keep misreading what I'm saying what I'm saying and have ignored most of the stuff in my posts.

It’s actually unbelievable he can’t get it through his head.
Adelaide got screwed by Sydney I get it but get more true home games than anyone in the league now due to gather round. The WA teams should be even more annoyed as gather round forces them to travel even more than they already do.
Crows and Port have a very clear and obvious advantage over every other interstate side now.

Crows travel 10 times. Melbourne 8. The amount of extra travel is completely blown up. It’s 2 friggin games lol. But the SA sides get a true advantage 6 extra times over your mob.

Last edited:
Adelaide got screwed by Sydney I get it but get more true home games than anyone in the league now due to gather round. The WA teams should be even more annoyed as gather round forces them to travel even more than they already do.
Crows and Port have a very clear and obvious advantage over every other interstate side now.

Crows travel 10 times. Melbourne 8. The amount of extra travel is completely blown up. It’s 2 friggin games lol. But the SA sides get a true advantage 6 extra times over your mob.
Victorian team fans getting on their high horse about this extra home game advantage that by the end of the deal will amount to an extra advantage in 4 minor round games per team while completely brushing off the influence of the deciding game of the season being plagued by being perpetually at the home ground of 4 teams (/sometimes-home-ground of another 6) is truly "unbelievable".

What think we know about round 1

Thursday Richmond V Carlton
Friday Collingwood v Swans
Saturday night Cats v Saints Dees V Dogs
Sunday Essendon v Hawka

Also whispers about North v GWS and we know Lions playing in Perth most likely against the Eagles.

So that leaves Crows, Suns, Dockers and Port playing each other

F-4WDuqa0AAdTYG

Have read the article and it sounds like we may not get many more "leaks" to the media from clubs before the official release if this sentence is any indication.

Clubs have been told to be tight-lipped ahead of the fixture’s release and, in a new development, officials will be required to sign non-disclosure agreements before being provided with the fixture in a new development.

Sunday Essendon v Hawka

Also whispers about North v GWS and we know Lions playing in Perth most likely against the Eagles.

Gonna say from this that it will be the following matchups:

Port Adelaide vs. Fremantle (Adelaide Oval)
Gold Coast vs. Adelaide (Metricon Stadium)

Victorian team fans getting on their high horse about this extra home game advantage that by the end of the deal will amount to an extra advantage in 4 minor round games per team while completely brushing off the influence of the deciding game of the season being plagued by being perpetually at the home ground of 4 teams (/sometimes-home-ground of another 6) is truly "unbelievable".
We're not talking about the Grandifnal, we're talking about the home and away season here. I somewhat agree that the MCG is an advantage to Victorian teams. But hey , My team won a flag without playing single home final but apparently it doesn't count because it was in Perth. I can't win here.

But ffs how many times do I have to say that I've never said that your fixture is "easier" than ours? I'm just saying for the amount of complaints you all roll out, your fixture really isn't as bad as you make it out to be and has its advantages and disadvantages

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prob look like this

Thursday
Carlton v Richmond @ MCG
Friday
Collingwood v Sydney @ MCG
Saturday
Port Adelaide v Fremantle @ Adelaide Oval
Gold Coast v Adelaide @ Metricon
Melbourne v Bulldogs @ MCG
Geelong v St Kilda @ GMHBA
Sunday
GWS v North Melbourne @ Giants
Essendon v Hawthorn @ MCG
West Coast v Brisbane @ Optus

Wonder which game will be on Ch 7 on the Sat night if these are the matchups

Prob look like this

Thursday
Carlton v Richmond @ MCG
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Carlton vs Richmond
Collingwood vs Sydney
Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs
Essendon vs Hawthorn

Its like arguing with a brick wall with that poster.

I'm not even arguing that Melbourne have it that hard. I've noticed a lottt of Adelaide and Port fans sooking about vicbias and how hard their fixture is when they actually have it pretty good

What would be fair is not penciling in an automatic double up for 'blockbusters' like Pies/Bombers, Carlton/Richmond etc... each season.
Yes but they still happen every few years at a minimum.
Essendon and Carlton haven't played twice since 2017.
Essendon played Richmond twice in 2018 and 2022.

For reference, Essendon have played Sydney twice in 2022, 2021 and 2019 during that time. And GWS in 2019, 2021 and 2023.

Collingwood and Essendon is probably the only lock.

Sunday Essendon v Hawka

Port vs Dockers has been rumoured.
So Crows vs GC away?

Prob look like this

Thursday
Carlton v Richmond @ MCG
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

More likely that the MCG game will be in the afternoon tbh

No new match ups/games revealed - the article is basically just confirming that there will be Thursday night games for the first 14 rounds of the season
And Carlton will be on majority prime-time next year (again) :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back