Futurama-Benders Big Score

Remove this Banner Ad

Bender571: in response to the spoiler you posted, he did pop up for a few seconds but didn't say anything. There was a band playing at the time.

Re Robot Devil
yes there was a robot devil choir/band at the wedding

Thanks for that.

I loved robot devil in 'The Devil's Hands are Idle playthings'

'These things are always touching me in places' :D

Absolutely loved it. It wasn't mind-blowingly brilliant as some seem to expect, but it was a very entertaining movie, and IT'S THE FREAKIN RETURN OF FUTURAMA!

Very classy return and am looking forward to the next few.

It is a shame it isn't available on DVD in Australia yet. I'm guessing that there will be a hell of a lot of people who just download it and don't bother buying the DVD if it isn't out in the next couple of months.

cheers

but seriously i dont see how people can think it's better than the simpsons. A lot of the Simpsons is very clever humour but to me futurama seems mostly dumb visual gags and slapstick. maybe ive missed the point of the show...

cheers

but seriously i dont see how people can think it's better than the simpsons. A lot of the Simpsons is very clever humour but to me futurama seems mostly dumb visual gags and slapstick. maybe ive missed the point of the show...

or what has really happened is the jokes are too smart for you and they have gone over the top of your head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cheers

No,you have it completely arse up. The Simpsons pre 1998 was very intelligent, well crafted humour. Possibly the best comnedy ever to have existed. The SImpsons post 1998 is, as you put it "dumb visual gags and slapstick". The worst kind of humour possible. Even dumber than Last Comic Standing (yes, it is possible)

Futurama,while not a good as the old Simpsons, is good enough that those who long ofr the golden days of the Simpsons can at least enjoy some decent agags, although I tink its fair to say we will never see another show like the old Simpson ever again.

No,you have it completely arse up. The Simpsons pre 1998 was very intelligent, well crafted humour. Possibly the best comnedy ever to have existed. The SImpsons post 1998 is, as you put it "dumb visual gags and slapstick". The worst kind of humour possible. Even dumber than Last Comic Standing (yes, it is possible)

Futurama,while not a good as the old Simpsons, is good enough that those who long ofr the golden days of the Simpsons can at least enjoy some decent agags, although I tink its fair to say we will never see another show like the old Simpson ever again.

I agree with you except for the bold bit. Slapstick can be very funny and genius. Look at Mr. Bean, and The 3 Stooges is still a very funny show even against todays more intelligent sitcoms.

I liked The Simpsons Movie better than this Futurama movie, if only because the Simpsons movie had the big movie feel (and perhaps because it is the best thing they've done by a long way since Behind the Laughter).

I thought the movie was kinda "meh". It had its moments, but there weren't any moments where I laughed out loud. Maybe my expectations were too high.

Fav part of the movie was the reference to the very beginning of the first ep with the laser beams etc.

Finally got around to watching this and really enjoyed it. TBH my expectations were quite low so it didn't take much to impress me... but this was really solid. Not too many animated sitcoms make the transition to 90 minute movie well.

IMO better than the Simpsons Movie and South Park movie.

I was amazed that they managed to incorporate nearly all previous characters and storylines into this movie is some small way. Anyone who had not seen the series previously would have been mighty confused with some of the references.

Also the most nudity I've seen in an animated sitcom... Fry had his pants down for nearly half the show :D

Futurama is more subtle and a lot of the humour is tied to each character's exaggerated traits/flaws.

Also, if you have not seen the tv series there are many references you would not understand.

Early Simpsons is definitely better, but Futurama does not get the love it deserves.

DVD Box art:
Futurama_BendersBigScore.jpg

I enjoyed it quite a bit :) The references to previous episodes might be a little strong if you've never watched more than handful of Futurama episodes but as someone who is very familiar I appreciated them.

I didn't guess that Lars was Fry until he said it believe it or not :p At first I thought he sounded like Billy West (the actor who voices Fry) but I figured that was merely because it was the same actor.

Much like Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story and the recent South Park "Imaginationland" episode trilogy, this absolutely shits all over The Simpsons Movie.

Download it... today!

Discuss!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back