Prediction Future Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Bass would be my choice. He is exactly what the club needs.

He is getting some criticism at the moment but he joined Port in 2016. Unfair because Port were already on a downward spiral in 2015 before he joined.
People seem concerned about his defensive mind set. Is that true or is it something he might adapt?

People seem concerned about his defensive mind set. Is that true or is it something he might adapt?

Obviously defensive during his time at Norwood but I have heard him say that game plan is out dated now and he would coach differently so not sure how much we can take from that.

You'd have to think Essendon would have him on their radar. TBH I've no idea what makes a coach a good fit at a club. But candidates making the transition to senior coach often seem to have the reputation of being excellent right hand men before they do. He's got the pedigree. Who knows? I'd be tipping St Kilda as the team most likely to be interviewing next.

The way things are going over there, I reckon Melbourne might be looking for a new coach sooner than some people think.

Ken Hinkley? Probably will be available at the end of the season

Not after he masterfully played his club like a goddamn Stradivarius last year and got his contract extended to the end of 2021. They can't afford to pay out 3 years of that. Best case for them is that he coaches until the end of 2020 and they pay him out with one year left.

Not after he masterfully played his club like a goddamn Stradivarius last year and got his contract extended to the end of 2021. They can't afford to pay out 3 years of that. Best case for them is that he coaches until the end of 2020 and they pay him out with one year left.
Kocky would have extended his contract by then until 2025.

He might even be a permanent employee

Kocky would have extended his contract by then until 2025.

He might even be a permanent employee

I prefer the contracted until 2025 option.

Permanent employee just needs 4 weeks notice and pack your bags. Fixed term contract actually has to get paid out if they give him the chop early.

He'd have enough opportunities as an assistant in Melbourne. Can't see him going interstate for anything less than a senior coach position.

I agree, especially after the tragedy with his son last year, may want to stay closer to family. Just a wish :)

Anybody that followed Norwood have any inside info?

I also feel he has that arrogance and self-belief ( same thing?) that might rub people the wrong way but that might be whats required
I think he'd need to go to a club that has an administration that doesn't question him or want too much input, cause he won't have the patience to be leaned on by non-football people. He'd also probably be better off not taking a head coaching job in Adelaide, cause he's generally an arsehole when interacting with the public. Those team member days would probably be awful for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he'd need to go to a club that has an administration that doesn't question him or want too much input, cause he won't have the patience to be leaned on by non-football people. He'd also probably be better off not taking a head coaching job in Adelaide, cause he's generally an arsehole when interacting with the public. Those team member days would probably be awful for him.

Especially down at Alberton. Mainly due to the calibre of people that would be turning up to the member days :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back