johncocksasuperstar

Team Captain
Apr 5, 2007
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wizards
I just recently got a PS3 with 4 games: COD 4, GT5P, NBA Street Homecourt and Need for Speed Carbon. Also have a $100 gift card to JB and wondering what some of the best games for PS3 are for both multi and single player. cheers.

Single player I would go with Uncharted, it is really great fun, heaps of different game elements and so forth.

Multiplayer I would go for Warhawk or Resistance, Resistance has everything you want in a multiplayer, ease of use, no lag, great maps, often updates, great weapons, and it is tough.

Warhawk is pretty much like that only it has flight and driving elements as well.

yeah have to agree with Uncharted.

I'm a fan of racing games and think Burnout Paradise is excellent if you like racers. Much better than NFS Carbon imo, and much more fun than GT5P.

for RPGs, you can't go past Elder Scrolls Oblivion - bloody massive game. :thumbsu:

none of those are multiplayer unfortunately, except Burnout online - which is a lot of fun I reckon.

but yeah, if you can wait for GTAIV like melbournemartin said, I'd be doing that myself.

Ratchet and Clank is a very fun single player game

If you haven't played the Half Life series, get the Orange Box, great value. Portal alone is worth the admission

Army of Two is ok if you have a mate to play multi player on

Unchartered is awesome

And GTA 4 is a must

Doesn't the Orange Box only come with HL Episode 2? That'd be kind of useless to someone who hadn't played HL 2 and Ep 1.
The Orange Box comes with Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Episode 1, Half Life 2: Episode 2, Portal(Awesome thinking GAME!!!) and Team Fortress 2(Multiplayer only).

Well worth the value, the Half Life games are so well done, possibly the greatest games ever, Portal is unique and brilliant and TF 2 is good online fun.

Oh, my mistake. Definitely get that then! I've finished HL 2 and it's great. Having played HL 1 would help your knowledge but it's really a different story set several years later. I clocked HL 2 twice before even playing HL 1 at all. I haven't played the episodes yet.

Portal is great. It's hilarious. I clocked that in a few days and had loads of fun. It's also quite challenging in stages so stick with it, even if the first few ones are quite easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back