Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfc4life

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Two weeks in a row he's been our worst player, shown nothing when challenged against top 5 sides. Bring Menzel in at least he'll bloody have a go.

For most of this season, most would have had him leading the B&F , so....
A bit premature.
Rubbish even.

Really disappointed with Garlett. Aside from him obviously failing to register a score (though he does play a fair bit up the ground a lot) his usual tackling and harassment is missing. His defensive efforts are abysmal too, he is terrified of contact and you can see his panic especially when the ball is in the air. He seems really uncomfortable outside of the f50.

Needs to step up against the Swans and Pies.

We had three talls most of the night, a bunch of inside 50s that were brought to ground, yet I am struggling to remember a time in the game when the two smalls were front and centre. It's basics that Garlett and Betts lacked tonight. Disappointing. Both need two big upcoming games.

PS, at the risk of sounding repetitive this week, I am not sure a bad game from Jeffy deserves a thread. His form this year has been very good except for the last two weeks. Has a few credits.

Had a great year but has been disappointing the last two weeks. I don't know why he's dropped off maybe in the head or maybe an injury??
If it's an injury then hopefully the bye can help him recover but if it's not then it's not a good sign :mad:

It amazes me how many people lineup to bash our players - Jeffy has had a tough couple of weeks......lets do something crazy & support the young guy who for most of the season has been very good for our team.
People love a good bash.

Simpson was being bashed left right and centre the first few rounds, but I thought he was fantastic tonight.

Jeffy will bounce back.

Bad call. Last week a thread roasting Yarran was understandable because he showed a lack of effort and poor attitude - which are two unforgiveables and rightfully got omitted.

For all of Jeffy's missed kicks or whatever he did wrong this week and last, not once could I question his effort.

His season so far had everyone raving and had him as a potential AA player. Give him a week or two to figure out how to deal with being targeted by the opposition and he will be fine. This is the first time teams actually worry and put work into him, in the past he would go under the radar with Eddie copping the attention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please close this thread.

Jeff Garlett has busted his absolute tail off this season. The bye round has come at the best possible time for him. Has been abused and worn out because of the injuries/suspension to Betts and Yarran.

Get Betts and Yarran firing up after the bye and watch a rejuvenated Garlett return to his first half brilliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back