GC17 Hit 20,000

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf?? Man you type rubbish.

That's rich coming from yourself. Aussie Rules has no chance on the Gold Coast. The AFL may want a team there but the general populace as a whole couldn't care less. Cousin up there hasn't heard jack about what's happening, it's all Titans, Titans, f*cking Titans... Oh and maybe some soccer too (United or Galaxy or whatever their team is to be called. Don't lie as an expat to your fellow posters here and making the scene more rosy than it is. Realistically no-one cares, most people haven't heard of the Southwark Sharks. Good luck anyway, until S14 arrives in town:cool:

That's rich coming from yourself. Aussie Rules has no chance on the Gold Coast. The AFL may want a team there but the general populace as a whole couldn't care less. Cousin up there hasn't heard jack about what's happening, it's all Titans, Titans, f*cking Titans... Oh and maybe some soccer too (United or Galaxy or whatever their team is to be called. Don't lie as an expat to your fellow posters here and making the scene more rosy than it is. Realistically no-one cares, most people haven't heard of the Southwark Sharks. Good luck anyway, until S14 arrives in town:cool:
Still losing sleep are you, you paranoid troll.

I've just spent a week at the Gold Coast, and I was surprised in the local interest in and support for the new Gold Coast team. There's definite room and support for the new AFL club. After being up there, I've no doubt it will be a success. Local football up their is very well entrenched, and at a surprisingly high standard - and everyone has heard of the Southport Sharks, being the largest, richest local club of any code (but many local football followers support them, hence the need for a seperate identity for an AFL club).

So Capone, believe in your delusions if you wish - or lose more sleep with your paranoia, because your worst nightmare, the new GC AFL club is coming. So just p1ss off from this Australian Football AFL expansion website, you dirty little troll

:rolleyes:

Check my location Rugby Troll...I think I'm in more of a position to comment than you or your so called "Cousin".

Wtf is Southwark Sharks?

:rolleyes:

Check my location Rugby Troll...I think I'm in more of a position to comment than you or your so called "Cousin".

Wtf is Southwark Sharks?

More of a position, you are biased, my cousin couldn't give a f*ck about RL or AFL. He isn't compromised or needs to lie unlike yourself to big up a code:rolleyes:

You don't know who the Sharks are either? There goes all that bull about being a 'big deal' on the coast then:thumbsu:Thanks for helping me illustrate that point.

The GC is doomed to failure. Get a 3rd Perth or Tassie team if you want to expand the competition

More of a position, you are biased, my cousin couldn't give a f*ck about RL or AFL. He isn't compromised or needs to lie unlike yourself to big up a code:rolleyes:

You don't know who the Sharks are either? There goes all that bull about being a 'big deal' on the coast then:thumbsu:Thanks for helping me illustrate that point.

The GC is doomed to failure. Get a 3rd Perth or Tassie team if you want to expand the competition

I know Southport Sharks moron, not Southwark. :rolleyes:

LMAO "cousin" piss off troll.

The only gerbil is the one Gee, Gary running right up your arse moron.
You have heard of supporting a second team Gerbil Boy?

I don't have any second teams. "Second" teams are for people who can't take the ups and downs of being a real supporter. People with a "second" team don't hve the courage of their convictions.
Hawks only and forever, win or lose.:D

I guess it is safe to assume that your cousin can't/doesn't read a newspaper. The GC Bulletin has had something about GC17 on most days for the last couple of months, if not longer. Most recently with the signing of the club's first players, the appointment of Guy McKenna as coach & the appointment of Scott Clayton. Even speculation about bidding for the 2018 Commonwealth Games saw reference made to the opportunity of a stadium being built to accommodate the Games & ultimately an AFL team.

Yes the Titans get a good run in the local media, but the Gold Coast Bulletin provides good coverage of most local sports, with regular stories/features on local AFLQ teams in both the top & lower divisions. So tell your cousin to do himself a favour & ask someone to read the GC Bulletin to him. He might actually learn something.

I signed the petition only because I wanted to have a say on the team name. :D

They only asked for my email, not my address or anything and I still get counted as a supporter.

But I live 1600 ks away and don't give a toss about the Gold Coast club ....

They never did send me the email so I could vote though.

Maybe they just want to lure people to sign.

The 20,000 members thing is so hollow it is complete BS. They'd be better off just offering the 40,000 Southport Sharks members to become free GC17 supporters as part of their $3 social membership.

I don't have any second teams. "Second" teams are for people who can't take the ups and downs of being a real supporter. People with a "second" team don't hve the courage of their convictions.
Hawks only and forever, win or lose.:D

Pfft try being a Bulldogs support you will know all about ups and downs. Second team as in its close to home and will watch the games, will they replace the Dogs No. Will I be passionate about this team No.

I signed the petition only because I wanted to have a say on the team name. :D

They only asked for my email, not my address or anything and I still get counted as a supporter.

But I live 1600 ks away and don't give a toss about the Gold Coast club ....

They never did send me the email so I could vote though.

Maybe they just want to lure people to sign.

The 20,000 members thing is so hollow it is complete BS. They'd be better off just offering the 40,000 Southport Sharks members to become free GC17 supporters as part of their $3 social membership.

How would you have gone about guaging community support then?

How would you have gone about guaging community support then?

Probably not anonymously via a website.

I only know one thing. If I wanted to be certain it was true support, I would at least ask for people's postal address !

But then again, that would rule out paying 20,000 Nigerians 1 cent each to sign up online .... :p

I certainly wouldn't be offering your average joe web surfer the opportunity to have an influence on the naming decision.

The point is that the AFL's criteria are so loose that they couldn't care if only 2 people signed up .... But now that they have their Nigerians it gives them a little bit of feel good PR on their side.

I only know one thing. If I wanted to be certain it was true support, I would at least ask for people's postal address !

They do.....from the home page:

PERSONAL DETAILS
Title Mr Mrs Ms Miss
First Name *
Surname *
Address *
Suburb *
State ACT NSW NT QLD SA TAS VIC WA Other *
Postcode
Mobile
Email *
Age bracket 5 to 12 13 to 18 19 to 30 31 to 40 41 to 50 50 plus

Postal address being a mandatory field.

This sort of thing isn't a new idea - I remember Collingwood signing up people to the 'Magpie army', offering a Collingwood pin if you signup for free.

True support will be measured when they actually start playing in the AFL with the bums on seats they can attract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But then again, that would rule out paying 20,000 Nigerians 1 cent each to sign up online .... :p

I certainly wouldn't be offering your average joe web surfer the opportunity to have an influence on the naming decision.

The point is that the AFL's criteria are so loose that they couldn't care if only 2 people signed up .... But now that they have their Nigerians it gives them a little bit of feel good PR on their side.

OK, from that little rant I can see that you don't have an informed opinion on the GC side and hence can be ignored.

Hang on people i'm going to send this post to forensics , will post results of it later.

The number is not a true indication to how many supporters you're gonna get. Most of the people that signed up wanted to comment on the guernsey design and most that did already barrack for another team.

I guess the denial helped him sleep at night, haha what a joke of a troll this guy is.

My guess is that he had tears streaming down his cheeks as he posted this tripe.

I guess the denial helped him sleep at night, haha what a joke of a troll this guy is.

My guess is that he had tears streaming down his cheeks as he posted this tripe.

Ahh but he has heard of "Southwark" Sharks. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back