GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly is my reply to idiotic comment defensive? You said who cares it's only a praccy, I was clearly stating the reason behind why there is such things as practice matches before the season starts but it's ok
You a peanut i will say it again because you can't understand English the result in practice matches mean little

It is to my knowledge that East Geelong were dismantled by a superior Birregurra side on Saturday afternoon. Obviously players were missing on both sides as its only still early in the season.
A full strength Birregurra flogged East who were missing heaps

Exactly went and had look at East and Birregurra.2 or 3 guys over 23 in the first 3 quarters .Alot of young kids who had plenty of run.As the season goes these kids will develop more with experience players around.I think possibly 10 experience players to come back in.As we know nothing about scores in praccy matches its about seeing young blokes and working on game plans.Yes Birregurra were very experience and quality team.But plenty to work with at East.

Does anyone know if the game between Inverleigh and Drysdale took place last weekend (27th feb)?
If so what was the result?

Exactly went and had look at East and Birregurra.2 or 3 guys over 23 in the first 3 quarters .Alot of young kids who had plenty of run.As the season goes these kids will develop more with experience players around.I think possibly 10 experience players to come back in.As we know nothing about scores in praccy matches its about seeing young blokes and working on game plans.Yes Birregurra were very experience and quality team.But plenty to work with at East.

We certainly struggled against Birra, however they have a fairly impressive side. A few Colac premiership players running around as well as the likes of Bosely and Mclean we were always going to be up against it. But plenty of promising signs particularly in the second half, we'll be OK.

North geelong beat Lorne today. Half of the side last years reserve. So good win. I wouldn't count them out of 2016. Too many good players

North geelong beat Lorne today. Half of the side last years reserve. So good win. I wouldn't count them out of 2016. Too many good players
I hear the gun full forward north picked up struggles is that true? And I agree I wouldn't right them off either

No didn't struggle yesterday. Didn't hit the scoreboard but took a lot of mark and seems to have really good skills for a big man and looks super fit. I don't think he will be the replacement for Pitman, as he plays the traditional CHF role. Pitman hardly left the 50 arch last year

Inverleigh v Amateurs also on Saturday up at BPH, I think the Hawks will be in for a long day!
Thomson to play Barwon Heads, not sure which ground?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who seen what of the games on the weekend and results??

Belmont beat West but it was was spread over 6 quarters with seniors playing the last 3 qts, West had pretty good numbers which was great to see, Tanner could be our best recruit pretty impressed with the way he coaches and talks to the kids.

Corio Spy Judd "the destroyer" Gaylard spotted in the crowd taking notes, looking fit and has dropped 6kg, could be a roughy for the Whitley medal ha ha (hi judd i know you read big footy)

Looks like Corio's gun forward recruit Scott Bell has already applied for a clearance out of there, which has been denied

Who's tips for this week?
North by 24 over Belmont
Inverleigh by 120 over Anakie
Bell Post Hill by 12 over Bannockburn
West by 6points over Corio
East by 10points over Winch
Thomson by 60 over Werribee

1. My tips for round 1 of the much anticipated GDFL season 2016
    North Geelong to stumble over the line by 14 v Belmont

Inverleigh to smash hapless Anakie to pieces in a margin exceeding 150+

Bell Post Hill to edge out a very exciting looking Bannockburn by 20

Corios new recruits will assist them in getting their first win since god knows when in a tight one over the cheetahs, margin to be around 15 points

East Geelong to start well with a 8 goal win over Winchelsea
    Thomson to defeat the relatively unknown Werribee by 4 goals

Good luck to respective sides

North by 15 points
Inverleigh by 120+
Bph by 20 points
East geelong 40points
Geelong west by 25points
Thomson by 60points

North v Belmont
Inverleigh v Anakie
Bell Post Hill v Bannockburn
West v Corio
East v Winch
Thomson v Werribee

Bell Post fans already wielding placards - STOOFA OUT

Hopefully for the rest of the competition the season doesnt pan out like it did last time bph lost to bannockburn. Did anyone see the game?

Great to see corio have some success but it might mean geelong west have a lean year. Brent mcleod makes an immediate impact with 6 goals for thomson.

And north geelong for all the concerns losing pitman and few others did the job against belmont. Definantly have a big one against the panthers this weekend which the whole round by the looks of it on paper looks pretty boring apart from sundays game

Hopefully for the rest of the competition the season doesnt pan out like it did last time bph lost to bannockburn. Did anyone see the game?

Great to see corio have some success but it might mean geelong west have a lean year. Brent mcleod makes an immediate impact with 6 goals for thomson.

And north geelong for all the concerns losing pitman and few others did the job against belmont. Definantly have a big one against the panthers this weekend which the whole round by the looks of it on paper looks pretty boring apart from sundays game

Brent looked a class above the rest on Saturday and the team as a whole are very slick, with at least 6 more to come in I was told. Their dominance allowed the coach Reece Holwell to have a pretty quiet day, spending a lot of the time coaching from the bench and letting the other players have a good run in the midfield. Was also told that they had 30+ players miss out on a game on the weekend which is good sign of depth. Might be a smokey for a 1s/2s double if they maintain their players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back