GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is absolutely spot on. People are very quick to pigeon hole for sure, at time I may do it but your correct. There is a small amount of blokes that would do well at GFL case in point David Peel playing for GFL GWS. From Inver, went in and has made a big impact. In saying that, I do get frustrated when comparisons are made and people do tend to over rate the overall standard of the league. I love the league, I love the feel of the clubs all throughout, it's something special that the other two leagues don't have but it is a long way off the standard the others are currently at.

Yeah agree as well, some will definitely overrate the quality of the league, which may in turn be the reason others castrate it. Clearly the quality of a lot of games isn't great, particularly when compared to GFL. Unfortunately when you've got probably (not every team) 17-18 blokes who are average players but just wanna have a run around and then the other 4-5 who are actually quite talented, the game is going to be played at a poor standard no matter how good those top players are.

Clearly it's impossible to know how a player will go at a higher level without actually seeing it, just disappointing to see how quick some are to degrade some blokes based on the league they're playing in. If you've ever watched junior footy there'd be quite a few kids that could play Div 1 but are running around doing it easy on Div 3 or 4. Similar to the Seniors they're not necessarily gonna win a league Best and Fairest at the top level but there's no reason they can't be strong role players.

Our opinions differ, that's all.....

Can definitely respect different opinions, that's what makes discussion about football great. Just curious as to why you've formed this opinion is all. Given several players have made the jump successfully, what is it about the current crop of top GDFL players that makes them not worthy of GFL standard?

Can definitely respect different opinions, that's what makes discussion about football great. Just curious as to why you've formed this opinion is all. Given several players have made the jump successfully, what is it about the current crop of top GDFL players that makes them not worthy of GFL standard?
Just the games I've watched.

interestin 2 see the coach at nevilles beloved bell post declaring they r a "young club" n asking "what's next divvy 2, divvy 1?"

clearly a supporter of the promotion debate. personally I think it will add so much to the region. only reason nev opposes it is he wnt b able to line his pockets with league $ anymore. the current gdfl admin mostly hav done a unparalleled job over 20 yrs bt the players n coaches want it. let it happen

martin at bell post has made a big statement goin against the league, prob without even realising what he did

interestin 2 see the coach at nevilles beloved bell post declaring they r a "young club" n asking "what's next divvy 2, divvy 1?"

clearly a supporter of the promotion debate. personally I think it will add so much to the region. only reason nev opposes it is he wnt b able to line his pockets with league $ anymore. the current gdfl admin mostly hav done a unparalleled job over 20 yrs bt the players n coaches want it. let it happen

martin at bell post has made a big statement goin against the league, prob without even realising what he did

Neville would be east Geelong mate

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
I kno thats his club bt read an article pre or post granny. bph r his pride b joy.

anyway. wasnt the main point to take from wat I wrote

Read almost all the stuff on all media and didn't pick up the Martin quote or The Whitley favoritism.
I've heard the opposite from the bell post lads I know, get no favours from the league.
BPH certainly not at the front of the queue to go up as a club, small junior side base and netball not going well.
Theoretically I could only see maybe Banno going up in future (distant) They have a big supporter base, netball, juniors, cash etc. big captive audience out there with big growth.

Martin Is kidding himself Bell Post Hill although Premiers are not as strong a team as the previous years, it's just the opposition are not as strong, Bell Post Hill would not be in the top 7 teams in the Bellarine league

Martin Is kidding himself Bell Post Hill although Premiers are not as strong a team as the previous years, it's just the opposition are not as strong, Bell Post Hill would not be in the top 7 teams in the Bellarine league

What would happen if a BPH played a Geelong Ammo's or Torquay this weekend?

Similarly what would the result be is Ammo/Torquay fronted up against the GFL grand finalists?

8-10 goals In Torquays way! And the same result in St Joeys/ St Marys way against Torquay, maybe a couple of goals less.
So does that make Joeys/Marys 14 goals plus better than BPH????
Yes l reckon thats about right

What would happen if a BPH played a Geelong Ammo's or Torquay this weekend?

Similarly what would the result be is Ammo/Torquay fronted up against the GFL grand finalists?

let me preface this nxt comment by sayin im a gdfl supporter, bt take a keen interest in all football.

bt if bph playd joeys they wuld lose by 200+ pts. we saw wat luke forbes did 2 this league. imagine 22 luke forbes in 1 side. fetherstone, measures, hickey, paliurous, haintz n the list keeps goin of how many guys with vfl experience.

basic math doesnt work here its the matchups u need to think about n bph wuldnt have a single player win their match up on the ground it wuld a train wreck. assume Lara vs bph wuld be a few goals either way n see joeys beat lara by 260 pts I think thats ur best indication of how it wuld go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

let me preface this nxt comment by sayin im a gdfl supporter, bt take a keen interest in all football.

bt if bph playd joeys they wuld lose by 200+ pts. we saw wat luke forbes did 2 this league. imagine 22 luke forbes in 1 side. fetherstone, measures, hickey, paliurous, haintz n the list keeps goin of how many guys with vfl experience.

basic math doesnt work here its the matchups u need to think about n bph wuldnt have a single player win their match up on the ground it wuld a train wreck. assume Lara vs bph wuld be a few goals either way n see joeys beat lara by 260 pts I think thats ur best indication of how it wuld go
Would be closer to 300 points, not 200.

Bph are that much better than this league they need their own measuring stick.

I'll let someone else do the maths but forbes wouldnt have kicked more than 4 against bph?

Pitman, jase tom, kennedy hunt less so..

Especially forwards, will cash in throughout the league as a whole but is a lot tougher against bph.

If someone is going to tell me lara would be within 8 goals of bph please.

Yes the gdfl competition drops off and yes the top gfl sides would still flog bph/inver and torquay/ammos would do them by 50odd aswell. But they do that to every side in the bfl and actually by even more?

BPH would have no trouble in beating Lara. Lara are a bunch of young kids with no senior ecperience at all. Apart from a couple of standouts Lara fall away real quick. BPH on the other hand are seasoned senior footballers who would have no trouble accounting for the smaller Lara bodies, so to think Joeys would beat BPH by that amount shows and proves you no ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about local footy. Some of the Colts Div1 sides would probably give Lara a run for their money.

BPH would have no trouble in beating Lara. Lara are a bunch of young kids with no senior ecperience at all. Apart from a couple of standouts Lara fall away real quick. BPH on the other hand are seasoned senior footballers who would have no trouble accounting for the smaller Lara bodies, so to think Joeys would beat BPH by that amount shows and proves you no ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about local footy. Some of the Colts Div1 sides would probably give Lara a run for their money.

on the contrary champ its u who is proving ur nativity thinking bph wuld get within 25 goals of joeys 2 bad we will never kno.

n then u contradict urself by sayin bph wuld beat lara coz they hav seasoned bodies bt lara wuld lose to a colts team. coz colts teams have such seasoned bodies..?
guys like armstrong n hopper wuld do incredible damage to a side of 17 year olds. an example i guess u used 2 make ur point bt a ridiculous one all the same.

pointless argument. i like a good hypothetical bt u wnt change my mind

Last edited:
on the contrary champ its u who is proving ur nativity thinking bph wuld get within 25 goals of joeys 2 bad we will never kno.

n then u contradict urself by sayin bph wuld beat lara coz they hav seasoned bodies bt lara wuld lose to a colts team. coz colts teams have such seasoned bodies..?
guys like armstrong n hopper wuld do incredible damage to a side of 17 year olds. an example i guess u used 2 make ur point bt a ridiculous one all the same.

pointless argument. i like a good hypothetical bt u wnt change my mind
It's all tongue in cheek moron!

Now that it's been confirmed that McDowell is staying at Inverleigh can anyone confirm or deny what Kennedy-Hunt is doing? Strong rumour he may have already signed at a GFL club.

Are we expecting any big fish this off season? Quite lean in terms of recruits last year so hopefully we see some big moves this time round.

Would be good to see team like Anakie, Winch and Geelong West continue to improve on their season and keep bridging the gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back