GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseman will be a very handy pickup, but he is 38 and rarely found his way into the best players at Barwon Heads the last few years. Having said that I'm pretty sure most GDFL clubs would be happy to have him on their list. With the quality mids Inverleigh have added the ball will be coming in fast and often so if he plays on Kennedy-Hunt it will be an intersting match up. Speaking of Inverleigh, could it be their year? If McDowell can't win a flag this year he never will. Some quality recruits and it looks like the Hill will be without Lovitt for most of the year, Gavin and if Ros is correct Burke. Some quality ins but will it be enough to stay ahead of what should be an improved Inverleigh?

Wiseman will be a very handy pickup, but he is 38 and rarely found his way into the best players at Barwon Heads the last few years. Having said that I'm pretty sure most GDFL clubs would be happy to have him on their list. With the quality mids Inverleigh have added the ball will be coming in fast and often so if he plays on Kennedy-Hunt it will be an intersting match up. Speaking of Inverleigh, could it be their year? If McDowell can't win a flag this year he never will. Some quality recruits and it looks like the Hill will be without Lovitt for most of the year, Gavin and if Ros is correct Burke. Some quality ins but will it be enough to stay ahead of what should be an improved Inverleigh?

Exactly right Wiseman is 38 and Holwell the coach is 35, both way past there best. Cannot see them making the step up to the top 3.

Question about relegation...
How will it work with cap for teams who get dropped? Eg. If port come down next year but happened to have signed all their players this year on two year contracts, how will they pay them if the cap is less? And if they don't then the club is in breach of contracts and legally bound to pay. Could be a loop hole around the salary cap.
Also will they continue to have 3 different interleague teams or will it role up in to one like the wdfl etc?

Question about relegation...
How will it work with cap for teams who get dropped? Eg. If port come down next year but happened to have signed all their players this year on two year contracts, how will they pay them if the cap is less? And if they don't then the club is in breach of contracts and legally bound to pay. Could be a loop hole around the salary cap.
Also will they continue to have 3 different interleague teams or will it role up in to one like the wdfl etc?

Question of the Year so far Gulls, apparently they will have to play under our $80,000 cap.

Round 1 this week, tips?

Inver v North
East v W'bee
BPH
v Belmont
Corio v Bannockburn
Giants
v Winch
Anakie v Thomson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Torquay paid more than 100k for their team in 2017 and BPH paid about 50-55k. And Bellarine ppl come out on here and say our comp is not the same standard. How could it be.
Considering the gap in pay I reckon the GDFL standard stacks up pretty good all things considered. BPH got over Drysdale in pre season and they thumped Queenscliff.

You’d hope the lower Bellarine teams are not paying close to their cap but stil a good point. I reckon the Rules around relegation will cover it, something like contracts are void or need to be re done or something .

Last edited:
So Torquay paid more than 100k for their team in 2017 and BPH paid about 50-55k. And Bellarine ppl come out on here and say our comp is not the same standard. How could it be.
Considering the gap in pay I reckon the GDFL standard stacks up pretty good all things considered. BPH got over Drysdale in pre season and they thumped Queenscliff.
I'v been saying this all along. Great statement, and the same goes the other way, are BPH etc prepared to raise the extra funds to be competitive in the BFL (or div2)? Is football and netball sustainable together given the abnormalities in most leagues? Keep it as it is Mr Hartman. Neville hold your ground!

Don't know.
But BPH gun, Rhys Burke, out for the season with a full on hammy op......

Either a miraculous recovery or Bell Post Hill are playing ducks and drakes. Burke named in the squad for Saturday.Don't tell me Ros has got it wrong? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Either a miraculous recovery or Bell Post Hill are playing ducks and drakes. Burke named in the squad for Saturday.Don't tell me Ros has got it wrong? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Def had surgery. Where are the squads you mention?

Big Seb is picked and 100% playing in the ruck for Inva seniors tomorrow v North Geelong.
Nothing but a joke. Why would Inverleigh keep a young kid out, and slow the progress down of a potential young footballer with a bright guture ahead of him? They have lost the plot, he wont last 2 min!
Takes more than height and the ability to tap a ball to play this game! I concede he will win most centre bounces, but geez l wouldn't mind running him around the ground!!
Poor decision by Inverleigh, and even poorer decision by the media to give it coverage

Nothing but a joke. Why would Inverleigh keep a young kid out, and slow the progress down of a potential young footballer with a bright guture ahead of him? They have lost the plot, he wont last 2 min!
Takes more than height and the ability to tap a ball to play this game! I concede he will win most centre bounces, but geez l wouldn't mind running him around the ground!!
Poor decision by Inverleigh, and even poorer decision by the media to give it coverage

Who's the young kid? How do you even know they've got a young kid he's keeping out?

If Inverleigh are ever going to win the flag it's this year, nothing wrong with backing in the big fella to have an impact. Maybe you should apply for the coaching gig down there next season, seeing as they've "lost the plot".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back