Geelong and Hawthorn. Who has the greater supporter base?

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong have a pretty big rural base who struggle to get to the games and a fair whack of the MCC Mem-bars are Western District squatters and cockies.

Hawthorn had a flash in the pan in the 00s but they came of a painfully tiny base.

If you're talking season tickets IIRC Pies have the most adult 22 game paid for.

Hawks did some weird and wonderful packages inc pet memberships (ripped of North was it? But more succesful) which padded their numbers. Most clubs engage in this crap now, so the question is hopelessly muddled (especially since theAFL started selling their own season tickets).

Geelong has a "sleeper" supporter base that cares but rural isolation means they don't pony up, or they get in via other means.

Maybe the Hawks have parleyed 2 fine eras into a rusted on base? I guess not but we'll see. Geelong are massive but harder to mobilse than the two urban giants, Essendon and Collingwood. A lot of teachers and sports admin people in my family and they say its still those two dominating among school kids.

Tigers still have mass support, a step down perhaps but well primed after a great period, but the Blues seem to be deflating.

The Blues I know have been attending Victory games, and some also go for the Storm. The ones on here aren't lIe that, but maybe they're the hard core?

Everyone does. You're so focused on Richmond, you don't even know who won the 2022 premiership.
Monkey Chores GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back