GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
highlights of a dull game yesterday was luke buckland's hang time. turned the game for south when he went forward.

on moving the gfl to west tim i think before they do that they need a MASSIVE redevolopment of a run down oval

I've heard gdfl have signed a ten year deal with west to have finals there. The gdfl have given west $250,000 for upgrades on away changerooms I think you will find.

highlights of a dull game yesterday was luke buckland's hang time. turned the game for south when he went forward.

on moving the gfl to west tim i think before they do that they need a MASSIVE redevelopment of a run down oval

I would have thought only the visitors/umpires rooms needed renovating.

Great win by South Barwon. I thought it was won in the coaching box so full credit must go there. The move of Buckland forward was match winning and also the tagging of Tom Couch after half time was telling as he was dominating.

Just a thought on why South are so successful. There was something in the paper about how no one there is there for money. Now i assume they do pay players but maybe not much or and even spread. Anyone know exactly what is going on down there in that regard. I think a lot of other clubs could take note of this, its shows money doesnt always buy flags.

Also on the Skilled Stadium issue. I think it is the clubs and players who are wanting to play there. Surely it is a highlight to play on an AFL venue in finals. The quality of the facilities there a excellent. Also it may have lacked atmosphere but i think the comfort for spectatiors is very good and also in the event of rain a better crowd will be there becasue of the cover.

I put a bit of South B's success down to the area they recruit their juniors from.

Around that area there's not too much competition for juniors, with Grovey I guess being the closest club to them but probably drawing juniors from a different area on the whole.

Their area isnt as congested like it is for West Saints, Joeys, Newtown, Bell Park, Blue West etc

I put a bit of South B's success down to the area they recruit their juniors from.

Around that area there's not too much competition for juniors, with Grovey I guess being the closest club to them but probably drawing juniors from a different area on the whole.

Their area isnt as congested like it is for West Saints, Joeys, Newtown, Bell Park, Blue West etc
Any news on the coaching appointments for next yr? Who's looking and who's already filled theirs? Is it official Grovey are now looking? Despite some in different results they should give Lang another year to really see what he is like. Where is Davenport heading?

Great win by South Barwon. I thought it was won in the coaching box so full credit must go there. The move of Buckland forward was match winning and also the tagging of Tom Couch after half time was telling as he was dominating.

Just a thought on why South are so successful. There was something in the paper about how no one there is there for money. Now i assume they do pay players but maybe not much or and even spread. Anyone know exactly what is going on down there in that regard. I think a lot of other clubs could take note of this, its shows money doesnt always buy flags.

Also on the Skilled Stadium issue. I think it is the clubs and players who are wanting to play there. Surely it is a highlight to play on an AFL venue in finals. The quality of the facilities there a excellent. Also it may have lacked atmosphere but i think the comfort for spectatiors is very good and also in the event of rain a better crowd will be there becasue of the cover.
south just pay a sign on fee but all there players would get alot more elsewhere!! players knock back huge amounts of money from rival clubs to stay at south i think they are just a well run club

south just pay a sign on fee but all there players would get alot more elsewhere!! players knock back huge amounts of money from rival clubs to stay at south i think they are just a well run club

Agreed, very well run club but could hardly see good players going elsewhere when they have won 5 of the last 7 flags. They have earned their sustained success but it no doubt could lead to not only paying below the odds but would be a massive tool for recruitment. They have certaiy done exceptional to get where they are and it is difficult to see them being toppled anytime soon with a solid program and the pick of any ex-VFL players that take their fancy. ;)

Agreed, very well run club but could hardly see good players going elsewhere when they have won 5 of the last 7 flags. They have earned their sustained success but it no doubt could lead to not only paying below the odds but would be a massive tool for recruitment. They have certaiy done exceptional to get where they are and it is difficult to see them being toppled anytime soon with a solid program and the pick of any ex-VFL players that take their fancy. ;)
so will anyone leave south?? i heard port adelaide were watching buckland in the granny

port adel??? really??? can understand why guy is a jet either down back or up forward. and ready made footballers seem 2 be all the rage in the afl atm

pete davenport to north shore along with all the players he recriuted to st albans???????

port adel??? really??? can understand why guy is a jet either down back or up forward. and ready made footballers seem 2 be all the rage in the afl atm

pete davenport to north shore along with all the players he recriuted to st albans???????

culd be a good pick up for Nth? Luke Mathews from Drysdle is one nth are trying to get as well i herd. gun player but may be hard to get him to change sides after a flag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Matthews will be back at Nth Shore, already done. He played there for a few years before going to Drysdale with Chappy.

Still no coaches for

St Marys
St Albans
St Josephs
Newtown
Grovedale ??

That's nearly half the comp.

C'mon surely some light can be shed here.

not sure if anyone has said but it was announced to players and supporters that john fitz has decided to go around again at bell park. there was a bit of talk on previous pages about whether or not he would go on but i can confirm that he is.

also, the frankston guy that had the job at st albans has since pulled the pin on them so i dont know where they are at now.

not sure if anyone has said but it was announced to players and supporters that john fitz has decided to go around again at bell park. there was a bit of talk on previous pages about whether or not he would go on but i can confirm that he is.

also, the frankston guy that had the job at st albans has since pulled the pin on them so i dont know where they are at now.

You would think some of these clubs without coaches at the moment would need to start getting things moving an appoint one or they may miss else on some recruits??
Does anyone know who are whispered to get the jobs below:
Newtown -
St.Marys -
St.Joeys -
St.Albans -

You would think some of these clubs without coaches at the moment would need to start getting things moving an appoint one or they may miss else on some recruits??
Newtown -
St.Marys -
St.Joeys -
St.Albans - Jason Cloke

And they already had a good coach and gave him the flick. They may be up the creek.

I think they did the right thing getting rid of Davenport, he is not good enough to coach at GFL level, he would make a good GDFL coach but his own skills and decision making out on the ground are not good enough for them to get good recruits who will respect him he just aint good enough, i like the guy personally but he was never going to be the one who could lift them from the depths of where they are now

Good to see Luke Matthews going back to nth shore, with milburn and devonport and his players coming from st albans with him they should make nth shore alot more competitive in 2011

my sources close to North Shore tell me that Yes they have spoke with Davenport, but he has shopped himself at a few clubs (St Marys inc) so they are unsure as to where he will be heading...

Newtown -
St.Marys -
St.Joeys -
St.Albans -
newtown - troy selwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back