Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So after making 59 days in a row, my gym moved to a bigger and better location so I took a week off and concentrated on giving up cordial and fruit juice.

I now mostly drink water and milk, with juice on the rare occasion. My body isn't too happy with dumping all that sugar at the moment but hey, baby steps right?

Your starting point is a bit like me.
If I drink plain water it’s because it’s the only option presented to me at the time.
If I had to break down my daily fluid intake it’d be something like this:
1-1.2L cordial
500-600ml made up sports drink
500-600ml juice
500ml energy drink (I think that’s a Rockstar/Mother can)
1 black coffee
1 coffee w/milk
1 white decaf coffee
500ml milk to make a protein/creatine shake

Caffeinated drinks normally at 6am (Black), 10am (milk) and 1pm (energy) depending on where I am exactly (work/uni/home) and time I take lunch
Decaf is when I get home from work/uni so normally 4:30ish with a meal
Milk is with or after dinner
Half the cordial 6-10ish, then the juice 10-1ish, then the other half of the cordial 1-4ish with the sports drink between my arvo meal and dinner

If I drink plain water it’s because it’s the only option presented to me at the time.
1-1.2L cordial
500-600ml juice
1 black coffee
1 coffee w/milk
1 white decaf coffee

Caffeinated drinks normally at 6am (Black), 10am (milk) and 1pm (energy) depending on where I am exactly (work/uni/home) and time I take lunch
Half the cordial 6-10ish, then the juice 10-1ish, then the other half of the cordial 1-4ish with the sports drink between my arvo meal and dinner

Well, I'm lucky in a sense that I can't have alcohol or caffeine (the consequences aren't pretty) so I didn't have to give those up, but for a long time I was drinking 99% soft drink or juice/cordial. I've been soft drink-free for three months now.

1-1.2L cordial
500-600ml juice
1 black coffee
1 coffee w/milk
1 white decaf coffee

I was like that in my early 20s. Used to drink 3-4 600ml cokes a day. A powerade after working out.

Now, in my mid 30s, I drink a shitload of coffee (3 or 4 strong lattes, althgouh have recently changed to ordering a 'magic' like a wayne kerr.) but don't touch juice, or softdrink ever. Except for the very uncommon scenario of being on a plane. Whenever I'm on a plain I drink a can of solo. Sometimes two.

So not sure how to say this. Imma just gonna say it.

Anyone have issues with protruding nipples during workouts?

I have had in certain workout tops, the quick dry ones seem ok. Singlets are no good, I do a boxing circuit and get shocking chafing under my arms if I wear them, disappointing for the poor girls not getting to see my guns as well.

I have had in certain workout tops, the quick dry ones seem ok. Singlets are no good, I do a boxing circuit and get shocking chafing under my arms if I wear them, disappointing for the poor girls not getting to see my guns as well.
giphy.gif

I’m confused so need some clarifications

By protruding do you mean erect or like wildly out there in your face erect

If they are just erect, what’s the problem?

I have had nipple chaffe from long distance running (half marathon, poorly fitting singlet) and one time surfing without a rashy, but erect nipples aren’t a problem.

I was like that in my early 20s. Used to drink 3-4 600ml cokes a day. A powerade after working out.

Now, in my mid 30s, I drink a shitload of coffee (3 or 4 strong lattes, althgouh have recently changed to ordering a 'magic' like a wayne kerr.) but don't touch juice, or softdrink ever. Except for the very uncommon scenario of being on a plane. Whenever I'm on a plain I drink a can of solo. Sometimes two.

Vanilla coke is my weakness. If I have a soft drink (like i said before, hardly ever) it's gotta be vanilla coke or failing that, a regular coke with a slice of lemon or lime.

My other go to is Lemon, lime + bitters.

I only really drink Pepsi Max or Coke Zero but I try not to have many. Never been a juice drinker really and I've swapped to black coffee so not much milk either. I get bored with water but something I just have to get over.

And beer. I mainly drink xxxx gold, surely that's mainly water. I don't really like that Big Head stuff, if I'm feeling fancy I drink Pure Blonde, I think that's low carb at least.

Realised I wasn’t pushing myself enough before when I got back to my old numbers in 1.5 months. Have resolved to add weight every session, even for 1 rep.

Doing everything to failure... and resting more. Have seen pretty big differences!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realised I wasn’t pushing myself enough before when I got back to my old numbers in 1.5 months. Have resolved to add weight every session, even for 1 rep.

Doing everything to failure... and resting more. Have seen pretty big differences!
I've changed it up in the last week. Have always tried to do the most 'full body' work out that I can. For the next six weeks I'm trialling Upper body/lower body days with HIIT and cardio days in between. I'm a week in and also think I'm seeing a difference.

Pushing to failure feels amazing.

I’m confused so need some clarifications

By protruding do you mean erect or like wildly out there in your face erect

If they are just erect, what’s the problem?

I have had nipple chaffe from long distance running (half marathon, poorly fitting singlet) and one time surfing without a rashy, but erect nipples aren’t a problem.

nah im pretty small, so not in your face erect. Just like the erasers on the top of a pencil. But the singlet seems to be poor at concealing them.

Conceal dont feel.

Speaking of singlets and... nipples.

I've been into Rebel lately- why the absolute * can you not buy tight fitting gym singlet tops?? There is literally none.
Its either- crop tops (er no thank u I dont have the body for that) or loose af tops.

I want a tight fitting singlet top with a built in bra ffs.

Speaking of singlets and... nipples.

I've been into Rebel lately- why the absolute **** can you not buy tight fitting gym singlet tops?? There is literally none.
Its either- crop tops (er no thank u I dont have the body for that) or loose af tops.
Don't get me started on rebel sport.

I want a proper pair of track pants with proper normal bottoms that I can get my feet through and don't make me look like I'm wearing the meathead equivalent of skinny jeans.

I want a tight fitting singlet top with a built in bra ffs.
I think peternorth is also in the market for one of those...te he.:D

Yeah i can understand that re. track suit pants.

I stick to 3/4 yoga pants/tights.
This might sound left field, but I go into KMart once a year to pick up a pack of 'days of the week' undies.

i was in there the other week and noticed they stock Everlast. That was a respectable gym brand 10 years but has since fallen on hard times. I picked up a $10 tshirt which I intend to wear on Legs day.

Noticed they also had a substantial female section. Might be worth popping in for a look see if they have the singlet tops you like.

Oh and for those wondering....
67689361-1-f.jpg

#dadbodrepresent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back